Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M GETTING EXISTENTIAL OVER YOU  (Read 33871 times)

Tomovoz

Re:I'M GETTING EXISTENTIAL OVER YOU
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2005, 03:01:37 PM »

Ah 42nd Street

"You go home and get your exiguous underwear
And away we'll go"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2005, 03:10:11 PM »

Today (Sept 27) is the birthday of Mr Aday aka Mr Loaf.
I hope DR Danise remembered to send an appropriate card.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »

And Kent (McWhirter) McCord's birthday is today as well.

And it's sort of my birthday:  I am 55 years and one month old!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jed

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2005, 03:17:51 PM »

The fershluganah trivia question is still driving me batty!  I just can't seem to find the ever-necessary hook that will let the rest of the pieces unfold.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2005, 03:25:38 PM »

"The Chorus" and "The Triplets of Belville" are my favourite French films of recent vintage.

I've never seen "The Chorus," but I did thoroughly enjoy "The Triples of Belleville."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2005, 03:28:11 PM »

Oh! I read in the Times today that THE COLOR PURPLE is now known as "Oprah Winfrey Presents THE COLOR PURPLE." Ms. Winfrey is contributing $1 Million to produce the show. She will also be featuring cast members on her TV show to promote ticket sales. This will be Ms. Winfrey's first venture in theatrical producing.

Is her name really on the production that way?  If it's revived will it still be known that way? ...I can't wait to see what Rosie titles her next foray into directing, I mean writing, I mean producing.

George

« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2005, 03:31:09 PM »

Well, here in Olympia, Washington, it's still September 26th.  But, tomorrow (September 27th) is the birthday of both my sister Diane and her ex-mother-in-law, also named Diane.  And my sister's ex-husband and his father were both named Marty.  Cute, huh?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »

Larry, I also am baffled by not only actors, but anyone marring their flesh with these huge unattractive tatoos.  There are a lot of twenty-somethings who when their forty-something are going to be embarrassed by tatoos sagging and heading south on their bods.  They'll always be a reminder to them of their stupidity.  I like flesh too much to see it pierced, painted, or implanted.  It just ain't natural.

I do think it is important to look at the reasons people have for marking themselves up, so to speak.  I have a pierced bellybutton- a high school graduation gift from a friend.  My motivation was to piss of my dad and I succeeded royally.  He saw it for the first time the day I left for college and his reaction kept me grinning for weeks.  It still serves as a happy reminder of my first step toward independence.

I also have some tattoos on my lower back- I got them on my 18th and 19th birthdays.  I picked an area that was fairly inconspicuous, I most people don't even know I have them.  It's special for me and whomever I chose to show them to.  You'd have to ask Rodzinski for how he feels about it.

I always find it fascinating to know the stories and meanings of people's tattoos and piercings.  As for the sagging and bagging, I just think of it as ongoing motivation to keep dragging my butt to the gym!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2005, 03:45:31 PM »

These kids today, I tell you...

I hate when they wear the low jeans with the short tops so you can see the tattoo just above their ASS.  That gives me GAS, and I think I'll PASS.

I make it a point never to wear low riding jeans with a midriff top, so this is not an issue for me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2005, 03:52:13 PM »

Walty is considering getting a tattoo on his lower back.  It would say Pet Me Here.

Danise

« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2005, 04:45:20 PM »

Evening folks!

First I have to say how happy I am about DR Jane joining us at the Comfort Inn!  Yay!  How wonderful!  

I'm getting more and more excited.  This week is going to drag by.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2005, 04:47:32 PM »

When you have a garlic, try to have a cup of Japanese green tea after the meal or before you go to bed and the odor would disappear magically from you in the next morning.  Yes, it WORKS!

Since I am only allowed to drink green tea from now on (Dr's orders) I'm glad to know this!

Thank you, DR Hisaka.  I hope you have a WONDERFUL time in LA.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jason

« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2005, 04:56:15 PM »

TPunk: Yes, it is to be known now and (I'm guessing) forevermore as Oprah Winfrey presents THE COLOR PURPLE.

Danise

« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2005, 05:10:11 PM »

I know that Danise arrives on Saturday, October 1st and I think Mr. Barnum makes his first appearance in New York on that fabled day as well. I, unfortunately (or not actually), am busy all day. I have to work until about 2pm. At 5:30 we're having dinner with another dear old friend we haven't seen for about 2 years. After that, she's off to the theatre and we are off to see a friend's Drag Pageant. He's the host (and the only one not in drag). It's a fundraiser for a gay/lesbian AA group in NY. They have a big get together every Thanksgiving for those who don't have families or choose not to return to their families at that time. Five years ago they had a "pageant" to choose the first Miss Sobriety. It was such a success that it's been going on ever since. Very funny and very well done.

After that I am free to partake in many HHW activities. Right now I am about to sign off and attend to Mr. Simbulan's questionnaire.

DR Ben, I understand completely.  

Since I'm being picked up at 4:55 AM (which means I'll have to get up at least an hour ahead) that is going to be a very long day for me.  I'm just hoping I make it through Chitty (What was I thinking?  Thank goodness it starts at  7!) then back to hotel for some rest.  

I have a ticket for the wax museum and might go that afternoon if I get into town and my room isn't ready until three.  I might be able to catch a nap before the show if it is.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 05:11:10 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2005, 05:11:16 PM »

I believe the day's business is done.  Shipped everything, picked up a package (although the promised proof copies of my book didn't arrive, and they've gotten a strong note about it), and had a good meeting with my set designer, who really has his work cut out for him.

Danise

« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2005, 05:13:17 PM »

Shall we reserve a HHW row now for the premiere  ;D

I wish I could be there!  We'll have to see how many points I have saved up on my Comfort Inn card for a free stay.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2005, 05:20:24 PM »

It is also Craig's 25th birthday.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2005, 05:22:54 PM »

A short Romanian story.....  It rained while we were in Bucharest & the streets quickly began to flood, obviously poor drainage.  The next day the paper said they streets flooded due to poor drainage & too many people taking showers. ;D

Danise

« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2005, 05:33:51 PM »

Sorry but I didn't.  Naughty me.   :-\
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2005, 05:34:53 PM »

It is also Craig's 25th birthday.

I hope it is a happy one!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2005, 06:12:05 PM »

I've never seen "The Chorus," but I did thoroughly enjoy "The Triples of Belleville."

Wasn't that a STAR TREK episode???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2005, 06:18:13 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from my date...

We ended up seeing "Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride"... Eh...  We both felt that the movie could have been trimmed down to 20-25 minutes.  It was OK, but just OK.

However... We saw the movie at the AMC 25 down on 42nd Street.  I had never been in that complex.  We were in Theatre 25.  Which happened to be on the sixth floor!!!  WOW!  I had no idea that complex was so big.  However, the views from the various terraces were/are pretty neat.

And on the way back down the escalators, we passed through the "Food Court From Hell" - a whole lot of closed up food counters and kiosks.  And there were even some flickering lights.  Kind of sad.  Kind of spooky.  Very ugly.  Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2005, 06:20:34 PM »

After the movie, we headed over to a Thai place on Ninth Ave.  Good food.  Wonderful conversation.  We ended up sitting there for another hour and a half after we were done, just talking and trading backstage stories.  -He's a dresser for a Broadway show.

Then we walked back uptown to Columbus Circle... And we made plans to get together next Sunday night.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2005, 06:22:34 PM »

DR Jason - ARIADNE - YES!! YES!! YES!!  -Especially after reading the article in last Sunday's New York Times about the coloratura soprano playing Zerbinetta - she apparently has sung a high G and a high A-flat - ABOVE the high C!!!! - in public.  And done so quite beautifully too!.  So... ARIADNE... Yes..  And basically anything else.  LA BOHEME would be nice too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2005, 06:25:53 PM »

DR Jason - While we were walking up Broadway earlier tonight, we stopped by the Broadway Theatre to look at the marquee for The Color Purple.  The marquee does not yet have Oprah Winfrey's name on it.  And we also noticed the smaller window card by the box office state that previews start October 25.  However, the bigger posters by the tv monitors (playing those interviews with Alice Walker, and other members of the creative team), state that previews start November 1.  I guess someone needs to get new window cards!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2005, 06:29:58 PM »

And as for Lestat...  I have to say that whoever Warner Brothers hired to do the PR for the show has really gotten the ball rolling.  As another DR mentioned earlier, we made CNN.  Additionally, there's an article in a recent edition of "The Advocate", and there was some "buzz" in midtown that the marquee could be going up sometime sooner than later on The Palace.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2005, 06:36:30 PM »

Is "Splash[/url]" being made into a musical??  I guess if they can do "The Little Mermaid" anything is possible! ;)

Yes, I do believe the option for Splash - The Musical is still floating around somewhere.  I even think there was a workshop of it last year or the year before in New York.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2005, 06:47:47 PM »

DR Ben - I'm surprised that BC/EFA has not moved the Flea Market to a larger area/space.  Yes, they now basically close off 44th and 45th, but, still, most of activity  takes place in Shubert Alley.  Heck, even one of the ballrooms at the nearby Marriott Marquis would be more spacious.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2005, 06:58:10 PM »

Re tats:

I was too skinny when I was young enough to be dumb enough.  It would have been like tattooing a matchstick.

Now that I've got more weight, I've no need to be trendy, or young, or dumb.

But I've always felt gypped, that der Brucer, a Navy man, doesn't have a tat.  I mean, what good is a stereotype if it doesn't get followed?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2005, 07:27:36 PM »

Wasn't that a STAR TREK episode???

Uhhh...yea, STAR TREK...that's it!  That's the ticket! ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 07:28:52 PM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up