Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: COLUMBUS DAY  (Read 14728 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:COLUMBUS DAY
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2005, 09:43:15 PM »

I brought my Roland keyboard and a buncha books... ordered a guitar from Minneapolis the other day... waitin' fer it. Didn't feel like shlepping mine. So I'll have guitars in LA, Seattle, Noo Yawk, and Maui! Ohhhh boyohboyohboy!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2005, 09:44:11 PM »

yowza, did I just get to start page SEVEN??? Huzzah! (she screamed, dancing arund the room wildly, her short silver hair providing some wind resistance.)
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2005, 09:46:09 PM »

Penny, don't you love it when that happens? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2005, 09:46:23 PM »

The TV critic for USA TODAY said in his on-line chat today that tonight's episode of HOW I MET MY MOTHER was supposed to be good. The CBS brass had cued him to be sure to watch tonight since they rated this the best of the four episodes to have aired.

I honestly thought it was the WORST of the four episodes which have aired. I didn't laugh once. In fact, I found it insulting and cruel, and what a jerk they've made out of Neil Patrick Harris' character. Infuriating.

I agree on all counts, DRMATTH.  This was a badly written episode.  

PRACTICE is growing on me, and depends a LOT on the charm of its performers - although its writing is clumsy, too.

You just know that when Henry Winkler starts out a long monolog with "And I fed the children ice cream for breakfast...." and goes on and on and on....that Stockard Channing is going to start her next lines with: "You fed the children ice cream for breakfast?"  

And thanks for the Ricky Ricardo Fan Club photo!  You just know that Dore Schary is going to end up in the Ricardo suite at the Beverly Palms!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2005, 09:47:14 PM »

The power of your new status as a God is being exercised DR PennyO.  New page starting. Wow!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2005, 09:47:15 PM »

DRPENNYO will have bi-coastal guitars!!

George

« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2005, 09:57:41 PM »

I just read HERE on Comcast.net that Louis Nye has died.  The article said that he was born in 1913, which would make him 92, but the IMDb listing has his birthday as 1922, which would make him only 83. ::) My favorite movie that he was in (although I haven't seen it in quite a while) is Harper Valley P.T.A.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2005, 10:06:31 PM »

83 seems more likely, but who knows.

I'm almost through with my makeover.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2005, 10:07:40 PM »

I'm going to have to ship in two separate trips tomorrow because the day has gotten very wacky.  So, I'll do one batch first thing in the morning.  Then I have to meet a lighting designer, then I'll do the second batch before rehearsal with Kevin.  Then I have a production meeting after that.  Whew!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2005, 10:08:25 PM »

Jose: Today I got an e-mail from someone, asking me if Alet Taylor could belt.  And they saw What If!  That girl can outbelt anyone I know.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2005, 10:19:55 PM »

Don't skimp on the eyeliner!  

George

« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2005, 10:20:12 PM »

Well, I have to go.  It's time to get to the house that I'm house-sitting...and the cat that I really am watching.  Tomorrow is a regular work day (yea!) but Wednesday, I'll be off all day working the load-in, show and load-out of the tour of The Full Monty.  I think that this is the tour that has a friend of Jason's (if I remember correctly, IIRC in Internet lingo).  

Hopefully, I'll get a good night sleep tonight.  Last night, I couldn't find my stopwatch/alarm clock that I usually bring with me to the house-sitting gig, so I had to use a battery-powered clock that I keep in my bathroom.  The ticking is quite loud and I couldn't get to sleep.  AND I had to get up and get to work early because of our All Staff Day (which was actually not as boring as it's been in past years).

George

« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2005, 10:22:27 PM »

So, I really need to get some sleep.  Wussburger time.  'Night, all!

Jason

« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2005, 10:28:13 PM »

Well, I have to go.  It's time to get to the house that I'm house-sitting...and the cat that I really am watching.  Tomorrow is a regular work day (yea!) but Wednesday, I'll be off all day working the load-in, show and load-out of the tour of The Full Monty.  I think that this is the tour that has a friend of Jason's (if I remember correctly, IIRC in Internet lingo).  

Yes, the Greek is doing that tour.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2005, 11:11:13 PM »

The Greek is doing that tour?  How about Brandy Bottle Bates?

My makeover is complete - but for some reason I now look like Larry from The Three Stooges.  I hate when that happens.

Has Ann caught up?

I see her, but she's just sitting there like so much fish, precluding us from getting to 200 postings.

Tomovoz

« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2005, 11:45:10 PM »

only 15 minutes to make 200.  what to say. what to say.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2005, 11:48:50 PM »

I was discussing the album as an art form earlier today.
Recent playlist here has included. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", "Sgt Pepper..", "Band On the Run". "Hotel California".

Do they still make albums that are a "Whole" rather than a collection of tracks.  I don't mean concept albums as such.  It's just as the best albums were ones where you liked all the tracks and they were together as a piece.
Maybe it's just all too quick these days.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2005, 11:50:28 PM »

I'm meaning "Pop/Rock" albums here of course. Where's the vision? Would "Dark Side Of the Moon" have a chance of being made these days?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:04 PM »

I'm playing "Abbey Road" at the moment.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:47 PM »

Supposedly just "bits and pieces" but there is a "wholeness" there.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2005, 11:52:11 PM »

We will get to 200!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up