Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LIQUID SOCIETY  (Read 14905 times)

Danise

Re:LIQUID SOCIETY
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2005, 05:50:46 PM »

Evening all!

I guess today was in fact an unofficial National Laundry Day as that was how I spent most of mine as well.  Only I did mine at the laundry mat.  It did help to have at least four machines going at one time and I was finished with both the home laundry and the trip laundry pretty quickly.

I also made some home made vegetable beef soup.  For whatever reason, I didn’t care for it.  I don’t know what I did wrong but it just didn’t taste right to me.  Mom said it was fine—except that didn’t have enough salt for her taste.  I have been trying to cut down on it and since Mom always put tons of it in and on anything she cooked, that might be what I was “missing”.  

TOY (Topic of Yesterday).  I’ve never been anything really ritzy.  I didn’t even go to my high school prom.  I guess that was another reason why I was sort of disappointed when I first went to NY.  I thought if one went to the theater, one dressed to the nines.  I remember how scared I was that the dresses I had bought wouldn’t be good enough to pass though the doors but I was so looking forward to seeing people dressed up.   It was quite a let down to find one could show up in jeans.  

TOD Coffee, yuck.  I think I have made my views on it known before.  

After my surgery on Thursday, no more sodas of any kind and no black tea (I can have Green tea, thank goodness!).   I do drink water and lemonade.  I guess I shall be adding more fruit juices (like Cranberry) to my list.  

I adore dark chocolate.  Always have.  That’s one of the reasons I like the “honeycomb” or “sponge” (as you New Yorkers call it) candy—It’s coated in dark chocolate.  Yummers!

I believe that DR Charles Pogues Hercules is on the Sci Fi Channel.  I have Tivo set to record it.

I finished Rewind last night.  I enjoyed it but am glad that it is a work of fiction.

I woke up at about three and couldn’t go back to sleep (no gasping, please, that’s not polite  ;D) so I went into the living room and began to read.

I did sleep quite late yesterday morn-noon.  The week just caught up to me.  Now that I'm getting caught up on all of the household chores and such, I will look forward to my recovery week off so I can work on my pictures and a few other projects I have in mind.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2005, 05:55:21 PM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FIVE[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]5[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]5[/move]

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]five[/move]
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2005, 06:07:56 PM »

Danise honeycomb also comes coated in milk chocolate.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2005, 06:15:53 PM »

Now I'm craving Allen Wertz honeycomb.

Danise

« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2005, 06:17:55 PM »

;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2005, 06:37:58 PM »

I love feel good movies.  The one I saw today was absorbing, well acted, and with interesting special effects and cinematography.  I also liked Bill Paxton’s direction.  If you missed my earlier post the film is THE GREATEST GAME EVER, the basically true story of the 1913 US Open and the event that popularized American golf.

We had a new experience at the theater.  The young teen sitting next to me would vigorously shake her popcorn which in turn shook our row of seats.  She only had a small bag of popcorn but with all that shaking it lasted through most of the movie. ??? ;D

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »

Jane - that sounds like an interesting movie.  Aren't you amazed sometimes at the behavior of people in public places?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2005, 07:23:14 PM »

All right, someone needs to tell me if this is a holiday, because I am just not getting it.  Not getting yesterday, not getting today.  Is everyone so busy sucking on their water bottles and drinking their triple mocha jamocha lattes that they have deserted us.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2005, 07:26:02 PM »

Well, somebody's buying Rewind, because the amazon sales rank for the softcover version is 56,000, which, out of two million plus books ain't bad.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2005, 07:44:52 PM »

Ever since I was hsopitalized for a kidney stone, back in the 1970s, I have tried to lessen their impact on me, by drinking, at least, 8 glassed of water (bottle or tap) per day.

One of many good reasons to drink plenty of water!!

I don't have to have bottled water...tap water is fine for me, usually. I do pick up bottled water no and then, mainly just so I can have the bottles to fill up at home and have with me whilst in the car. It is very unseemly to get thirsty whilst driving an not have anything to quench it with.

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2005, 07:47:36 PM »

Coffee I very much enjoy, but I am not particular with that either...at work I normally drink Folger's or some other type of instant coffee...but I do think that Seattle's Best is quite good and Starbucks is OK as well, but really I am happy with just about any brand of coffee...and if for some reason it doesn't taste very good then I will put cream or milk in it.

I never became attached to the fancier coffee drinks like frappacinos or mochas., although for awhile I was really into those Irish Creams coffees! Yum!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 07:48:43 PM by MBarnum »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2005, 07:49:36 PM »

No coffee for me, thank you.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2005, 07:59:12 PM »

I love feel good movies.  The one I saw today was absorbing, well acted, and with interesting special effects and cinematography.  I also liked Bill Paxton’s direction.  If you missed my earlier post the film is THE GREATEST GAME EVER, the basically true story of the 1913 US Open and the event that popularized American golf.

I thought this looked like a very good movie. I was telling my sister nad brother-in-law that we should go and see it.

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2005, 08:05:48 PM »

Taylor and I had fun at the Wallace and Gromit movie...it was a cute show and had many references to old horror films like King Kong, Mighty Joe Young, and The Wolf Man.

After the movie we went to Uwajimiya Grocery store...I told Taylor that HELLO KITTY lived there...and it was close to the truth as they have a HUGE selection of Hello Kitty items...which of course Taylor loves! However, Taylor really had her eye on a Japanese umbrella...green and pink with oriental flowers...she sure smiled when I offered to buy it for her!

The we ate lunch at the Sushi place next door...she quite enjoyed the Flying Fish Roe...although she had no idea what it was! LOL!

Jason

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2005, 08:06:56 PM »

As DR Jose said, IN MY LIFE was mediocrity at its blandest. As the poster says, "When life gives you lemons...make a musical!" Oy!

I was going to do my laundry tonight, too, but by the time I got home it was time for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (a real weepy one tonight) and I wasn't feeling all that well, so I decided to stay in. I don't know why I feel badly - I don't think I'm getting sick, but my cheeks have just been really flushed and warm the last couple of nights. I guess it's the temperature changes outside. And it's 20 degrees in my room right now - the heat hasn't been turned on yet.

Safe travel vibes for DR Jose tomorrow!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2005, 08:09:36 PM »

Thanks, DR Jason, for the travel vibes.  -Now I just need to finalize my schedule for tomorrow.  What was the word of the day the other day... PROCRASTINATION?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2005, 08:10:44 PM »

And I've been feeling quite wiped-out since I got back from dinner too.  I even took a 20 minute nap.  I think it is the drastic change in the weather.  And the suddenly VERY dry air...

Don't forget to drink your water!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2005, 08:13:33 PM »

I've also been trying to post over the past couple of hours, but my internet connection has been very intermittent.  Apparently, the winds are causing issues.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2005, 08:20:02 PM »

DR Matt H - The Music Man revival was in the Neil Simon - formerly Alvin.

Argh! You are right! Now I'm trying to think of the last show I've seen at the Rodgers. Whatever it was, the seats felt better.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »

Rather than start on SIDEWAYS, I put in the DVD of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

This is one of the all-time greats, and it's beautiful and sad, and moving, and every other emotion all rolled into one.

The world would be a far worse place without that masterpiece novel or that splendid movie version.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2005, 08:25:51 PM »

Naturally the NFL game ran overtime which pushed COLD CASE back an entire hour. Since I already have three shows that come on at 9 p.m., I'm afraid it just had to be omitted this week. I'd say last season, I missed a good 10 programs during their initial runs because of football runover. Naturally, I caught up with them during the plentiful reruns that dot the schedule during the season.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2005, 08:30:55 PM »

spoiler--

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had some intriguing plots with Bree/George/Andrew, currently the only one of the wives whose storyline is at all interesting.

(Well, Alfre Woodard's storyline WOULD be interesting but she wasn't even on the episode tonight!)

I have to say that Lynette's storyline is worse than dull to me, that Susan's is irritating because of the lies (just like daytime soaps which would stop functioning if folks would just tell the truth and not keep secrets from those they claim to love), and Carlos and Gabrielle are in limbo. The new lawyer was a snake (but blandly handsome), but I guess he'll be the new fox in Gabrielle's hen house.

I missed the hunky Richard Burgi, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2005, 08:33:01 PM »

more spoilers----

CROSSING JORDAN seemed to be introducing new potential love interests for Jordan and Lily tonight. Made the cases take on another dimension, and I enjoyed them.

As for Woody (Jerry O'Connell), he needs to visit Christopher Meloni/Elliot Stabler's anger management counselor!

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2005, 08:34:21 PM »

And I forgot to record EXTRAS tonight. I'll have to get it off one of the HBO channels tomorrow night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2005, 08:34:38 PM »

At last, a volley.  I thought this jernt was going to remain deader than a tuna in a canning factory.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2005, 08:35:05 PM »

Has Ann caught up?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2005, 08:38:24 PM »

We had a new experience at the theater.  The young teen sitting next to me would vigorously shake her popcorn which in turn shook our row of seats.  She only had a small bag of popcorn but with all that shaking it lasted through most of the movie. ??? ;D

Drug withdrawal.

Fake cheese has that effect on  some people.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2005, 08:40:38 PM »

AT THIS THEATRE (Richard Rodgers):

TARZAN (Upcoming)
MOVIN' OUT
PRIVATE LIVES
45 SECONDS FROM BROADWAY
SEUSSICAL
FOOTLOOSE
SIDE SHOW
STEEL PIER
CHICAGO
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY...
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
LAMB CHOP ON BROADWAY
and so on and so forth...

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2005, 08:45:32 PM »

Thanks, DR Jason. It was HOW TO SUCCEED.

Jason

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2005, 08:45:45 PM »

AT THIS THEATRE (Neil Simon):

HAIRSPRAY
ELAINE STRITCH: AT LIBERTY
MANDY PATINKIN IN CONCERT
THE MUSIC MAN
THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL
NATALIE MERCHANT
SWAN LAKE
A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE
THE KING & I
CYRANO: THE MUSICAL

(As the Alvin Theatre)

BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS
YOUR ARMS TOO SHORT TO BOX WITH GOD
SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS
DO BLACK PATENT LEATHER SHOES REALLY REFLECT UP?
LITTLE JOHNNY JONES
MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
ANNIE
SHENANDOAH
COMPANY
THE GREAT WHITE HOPE
SHERRY!
IT'S A BIRD! IT'S A PLANE! IT'S SUPERMAN!: THE MUSICAL
FLORA THE RED MENACE
...FORUM

...and so on and so forth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up