Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAUNDRY LIST  (Read 19941 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LAUNDRY LIST
« on: October 17, 2005, 12:06:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you don't want any starch in the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home from doing their laundry.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:37:23 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE LAUNDRY LIST
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 12:09:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: HUMECTANT!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 12:10:16 AM »

A happy haineshisway.com birthday to former dear reader, Dan-in-Toronto.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:10:36 AM »

I just heard thunder.

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 12:12:54 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOMETIME LURKER DiT
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:16:24 AM »

The photo was taken today with some of Dan's friends from Toronto sharing chocolate cake. The Toronto Bears still have their accent. A good time was had by all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 12:19:17 AM »

TOTD. As a School Teacher I always found ways to be in charge of my own class room world without interference from a Boss.  My School Principals really had very little effect on my days.  
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 12:40:09 AM »

Now that Ann has gone to bed, I am all caught up post-wise.  As she reported, we enjoyed The Last 5 Years more than we expected.  Nothing outstanding, but certainly decent, and was wonderful to see some good friends of mine.  A bonus to our trip across the state is that a visit with her father resulted in us being stocked up with tomatoes, pesto, raspberry jam, and a raspberry pie (all homemade, of course).
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Michael

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 03:04:50 AM »

ToD

A manager at my store was so bad that she drove away customers and caused many people to transfer or quit and she was a "female dog" to boot.Well karma kicked in when she was forced to resign for cooking the books.
Never stop dreaming.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 03:12:54 AM »

I am still waiting for my REWIND’s arrival.   :(

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 03:16:01 AM »

Last night, I watched one of my favorite films “ In The Mood for Love”, a Hong Kong film. The peculiar mood that the sensualism and the spiritualism and the extreme stoicism are intermingled, which the film has, holds a special attraction for me.  And I love Maggie Cheung who has a beautiful thin neck, wearing many different gorgeous Chinese dresses which are snug-fitted on(?) her in the film.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 04:37:52 AM »

Good morning, all!  I love this weather.  I believe it's what the weather station would call brisk autumn weather, and I sleep quite nicely because of it.

Yesterday I watched the British psychological thriller THE QUEEN OF SPADES with Anton Walbrook and Edith Evans, so amazing that I cannot imagine anyone else playing her role.  As an additional bonus, I listened to the first act of Tchaikovsky's opera based on the same Pushkin story.  I also watched a bit of Kenneth Branagh's production of TWELFTH NIGHT, with Frances Barber, but I think I prefer Trevor Nunn's film version with Ben Kingsley and Helena Bonham-Carter.

TOD:  I've had only two really wonderful ones, so I believe lousy employers are the nature of the beast:
  1.  Dudley Inwood: the employees called him Deadly Inwood
  2.  Sally Hassenfelt, a bully who replaced the late Bill Tynes as producer of The New Amsterdam Theatre Company.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 05:15:50 AM »

Topic of the day:  Since I'm set to experience a day of hell at work today, trying to rush out last-minute returns for clients who just got their info in over the weekend, the temptation is to blame the boss who made this happen.  But I won't.  He (like all my current bosses) has so many great qualities, including being considerate of time (except in busy season, which is really only three months of the year), considerate financially, normally really caring about employees as people rather than just cogs to do the work.  This particular guy's one block is that he doesn't want to push his clients to get their info in until it's really the last minute, and the clients could just as easily have spent the time to get the info together two or three weeks ago as they could have this past Friday or Saturday, but in the word of a recent word of the day, the clients procrsatinate because this boss refuses to say they won't get their returns on time if they don't hurry up.  So while I'm feeling in work hell today, I wouldn't rank any of my current bosses as a bad boss overall, just too considerate of his clients in one case.

My boss from hell was about 15-20 years ago at the place before my current place.  That boss would go around calling people "f**ing retards" and such, and would say things like how it's a good thing faggots can't give blood.  Luckily, he was really my boss' boss, so I didn't have to report directly to that man too often.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 05:45:27 AM »

And now three movies I have never heard of until HHW are intriguing me beyond reason.

The Escape Artist
Queen of Spades
In the Mood for Love
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 06:42:09 AM »

Last night, I watched one of my favorite films “ In The Mood for Love”, a Hong Kong film. The peculiar mood that the sensualism and the spiritualism and the extreme stoicism are intermingled, which the film has, holds a special attraction for me.  And I love Maggie Cheung who has a beautiful thin neck, wearing many different gorgeous Chinese dresses which are snug-fitted on(?) her in the film.

I have heard of this movie Hisaka, and it sounded like a good one...but I have yet to watch it.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 06:45:46 AM »

Today is vixdad's and my 18th wedding anniversary so expect me to be E & T this evening
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 06:57:15 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DR VIXMOM AND VIXDAD  ! ! ! ! ! [/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

I'm in the mood for love...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 06:58:20 AM »

TOD The worst one was a guy who I worked for when I was a supervisor at UPS he made impossible demands.  As well as being responsible for m\beingin my office and getting all the computers up and running and hour before my staff came in  (this was the late 70's - early 80's) when  there were not enough drivers  ( at least 1 -2 times a week) we superviors had to suit up deliever a full load, often on what they called 'splits" which meant you didn't have a normal route that coverd consecutive areas but rather were spread out over maybe 15 or 20 miles.  Then you had to come back and do all your office work and then there were the twice  weekly audits we were required to make on the night shift /overnight night shift sort and loading areas (the facility ran 24 hours  with two evening shifts and we had to perform audits on both shifts).  A normal work day was 12 - 18 hours  and at least 2 - 4 times a month I would work 24 hours straight . In additon to  the ridiculous demands and fault finding he was  evil and did it all with a smile.  It was such a  terrible atmosphere that I finally quit .  Too bad... if I had been able to stick with it about 18 months a bit longer I would have see him kicked out for sexual harrasment of another female supervisor.

Those that stayed and sold all their stock (supervisors were given stock , but it was privately held and when you left you had to return the stock for $$)  made big time bucks when UPS finally "went public".  many people I worked with then retired in their early 40's as multimillionaires

Ah well....

vixmom

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 07:00:23 AM »

There were two belly dancers who did a 30 - 45 minute show at the wedding I attended on Saturday.

The father of the bride also has them at his Christmas parties he throws every year.  I have no ide how they manage to make their bodies move like that.. they must be hinged differently than mione!!

vixmom

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 07:03:06 AM »

I misread this post as  "In the Mood for Love"  a KING KONG film.

I think I need to get those new glasses!!

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 07:03:43 AM »

A very happy anniversary to Vixmom and Vixdad!!!

vixmom

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 07:03:48 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DR VIXMOM AND VIXDAD  ! ! ! ! ! [/move]

Thank you!!

vixmom

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 07:04:29 AM »

I'm in the mood for love...

Simply because I'm near you?

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 07:32:28 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to former Dear Reader and Sometimes Lurker Dan in Toronto!!!

(Whew!  Try to say all that in one breath before you blow out your candles)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 07:34:42 AM »

Simply because I'm near you?

Funny, but when you're near me...
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 07:35:06 AM »

Happy Anniversary DR Vixmom!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 07:36:24 AM »

Good morning!

Another glorious morning with clear blue sky and crisp autumn temperatures. My walk was exhilarating!

Sad to say, the forecast calls for increasing temperatures throughout the week and we're headed back into the 80s, folks, by the latter half of the week.  Boo!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 07:36:26 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]@ @ @ @ @  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR DAN-IN-TORONTO  @ @ @ @ @[/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 07:38:11 AM »

Absolutely loved THE QUEEN OF SPADES. I saw it for the first time in a film class I took in the 1970s, and I was blown away by it.

Edith Evans has always been a favorite, and this is one of her best film roles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up