Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWEDISH NOTES  (Read 17881 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE SWEDISH NOTES
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2005, 08:36:06 AM »

Who wouldn't look HOT HOT HOT driving this baby?  8)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2005, 08:36:45 AM »

Nash Rambler Page Three Dance!

Hi DR DANISE....chicken and dumplings sounds great.  Perfect Saturday treat to masticate.

Danise

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2005, 08:42:37 AM »

I remember our rambler.  It had a arm rest in the back seat that I thought was my "throne".  I spent many a drive in movie, seated on that thing with a pillow to fill the hole it made.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2005, 08:46:39 AM »

We had a lovely 1959 Rambler American 2-door station wagon for awhile.  And of course my first car was the super fancy 1968 Rambler American 2-door sedan in sparkling blue!

Danise

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2005, 08:47:04 AM »

Hi JRand!

Our Rambler wasn't a convertable.  

DR Elmore, yeah, time was a bit out of whack last night.  I feel much better.  I wasn't ever really in pain, just tired.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2005, 08:57:51 AM »

Favorite First Season Episodes:

The Stolen Costume with Veda Ann Borg
Riddle of the Chinese Jade
Mystery in Wax
Rescue

Phyllis Coates looks great and drives that great Rambler or whatever it is with the push back roof.  And I love when she flips on the key and has to jam down on the starter.  Great scream, too!

I like Noel a lot, but I love Phyllis.

I like all of those episodes, but I think "The Mysterious Village" is my favorite. "Mystery in Wax" ranks right up there, however. I remember as a kid, this scared me to death. They also got a lot of use out of that cave set they had.

Noel and Phyllis played such different Loises. Noel almost never screamed. Phyllis spent much of that first season screaming.

I'll give you a full report after I've watched the documentary this afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2005, 08:58:55 AM »

Off to prep lunch now.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »

Oh, I just read that the second season of THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN is being released on January 17, 2006.

That's fast. They must have had a lot of pre-orders for the first season!

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2005, 09:00:47 AM »

Now, for real, I'm going to prepare my lunch.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2005, 09:13:27 AM »

There is of course the apocryphal story of Phyllis going to meet Noel on a television shoot and having the dressing room door slammed in her face.  Noel claims it must have been the wind, she didn't know Phyllis was around.....she never did.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2005, 09:19:22 AM »

Once upon a time she of the Evil Eye arrived at nine-thirty.  At some point, that became nine-twenty.  At some point, that became nine-ten.  When I moved to the new home environment, that became nine.  Today she arrived at 8:55.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2005, 09:30:23 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well... I'm running a bit late this morning/afternoon, so...

*I'm bring my laptop with me to the theatre, so, hopefully, I'll be able to post between shows.  We get a "nice" four hour break.

Gotta run(!!!!)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2005, 09:34:14 AM »

Danise - I'm glad to see that you're getting your nights and days straightened out.   That anesthesia can do whacky things, can't it?  Take it easy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2005, 09:39:42 AM »

Several of the First Season episodes were sans Lois - those are not among my favorites.  And there is one where a guy dresses up in a woman's outfit and puts the make on Jimmy to get him to smuggle something....I think that may be THE MONKEY MYSTERY.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2005, 09:40:09 AM »

And in SUPERMAN'S SECRET Jimmy sees Clark nakey in the shower.  

That SHOW was happening!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2005, 09:46:19 AM »

All right, I shall now be on my way, and shall return when she of the Evil Eye is gone.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2005, 09:48:45 AM »

Maybe she has other things she has to get done on Saturday. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2005, 10:04:16 AM »

Seattle and Portland! Early October DR Danise. After NY, Toronto and Vancouver.

Early October! How early?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2005, 10:04:29 AM »

I've never seen "Greater Tuna" but yesterday, it arrived from Netflix.  I didn't open it until this morning (I totally forgot that I had even selected it).  I won't be able to watch it today, but I will soon.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:05:05 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »

Jose are you feeling better today?

JRand, nice pic of Annette.

Danise thanks for the link and congrats on your 1st & last post. ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »

DR JANE I am sure Annette sends you her thanks!

DR GEORGE....the TUNA plays are much funnier than that TV show/movie that resulted.  But I think you will get the idea.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2005, 10:47:36 AM »

We were grandladding again yesterday.  

The good news was that Alex was very well behaved.  The bad news was that William was not in a behaving mood.

The good news was that Alex enjoyed the Delaware Museum of Agriculture.  The bad news was that William just wanted to run around and act antsy.  I had to hold him down and give him a time out.

The good news was that ... wait, lunch was at McDonald's.  That's automatically bad news.  Bleh.

Then we went shopping.  Der B is bound and determined that I have a cell phone with me.  (I lost the old one, I know not where.)  The new one flips open, so I can pretend I'm Captain Kirk and say "Beam me up, Scotty" when I call der B to tell him it's time to pick me up at work.  It also takes pictures, and can IM and do all sorts of silly things phones never did when I was growing up.  We also picked up a copy of the Astaire/Rogers DVD set.  The good news was that Alex was interested in looking at the CD cases, and reading what was on them.  The bad news was that William wanted to treat the store as a playground.

Then we found a bookstore.  Lo and behold, more good news: Alex now likes books!  In particular there's a series called "The Magic Treehouse," and whoever wrote the books is making a fortune because of their popularity.  So we got him some of those.  The bad news was that William wanted to treat the store as a playground.  I carried him out.

Fortunately, it was time to head back to home.  No movies.

And the final bit of good news: I slipped Elton John's Caribou into the car CD player, and both Alex and William liked it!  What with their earlier encounter with the Beatles (Yellow Submarine), der B and I are getting them interested in rock!  (Of course, when they memorize and start singing the first song from the John disc in front of their mother, there may be a problem.  For those of you who don't remember, it's "The Bitch Is Back.")

Of course, when we got the lads back home and I mentioned that William had been acting up, Mommy couldn't wait for me to elaborate and had to start grilling William about what he'd done.  And then she grilled der Grampa about the entire day.  The bad news was that she didn't even talk to me from that point on, as if I didn't matter.  Or maybe that was the good news.

When we got home, a couple of boxes were waiting for us.  I've got a stack of twenty books about cooking and food waiting for my perusal.  

And that's what I call good news.

(A shipment from Kritzerland is expected soon, too!  My whole life doesn't revolve around food, after all!   :D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2005, 10:57:53 AM »

So from looking at Danise's weather map, and then doing MapQuest for Seffner, I am assuming that she is just a little north of Wilma's path.  Is that correct?  What about Michael S.?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2005, 11:03:29 AM »

Opps, my bad.  I got up to check on the C&D and forgot to log off!

Thank you for the congrats, DR Jane.

Thank you DR Ginny for the well wishes.  That anesthesia IS the worst part of the whole thing.  Like I've said, I feel like a fake.  No pain, no real problems to speak of.  I don't even know why I bother to fill the pain pill prescription.  It's just going to sit there.  

On the other hand, the first time I had this done, my throat hurt so bad afterwards that it took days before I swallow or talk right.  

The 2nd time I had no problems of that kind at all.  I wisely requested the same anesthesiologist for this time around so I have no complaints at all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2005, 11:14:10 AM »

DR S.Woody White--I agree with you about the cell phone.  In fact, phones in general as people will attest.  I am very hard to get a hold of by phone. The cell phone is almost always turned off or on vibrate mode—which I forget to turn off and therefore don’t realize the darn thing is ringing since I can’t feel it in my purse.  

Speaking of which….I just realized it’s been in my Mom’s purse since Thursday on vibrate mode.

DR TCB—That’s right.  It looks like we’re going to have the north side of it brush by us but I don’t think it’s going to be that bad.  Still keeping a close eye on it, in case it turns a bit more our way.  This is the hard part.  The waiting and watching which way the thing is going to go.

I was honestly thinking about going back to work on Monday instead of wasting my vacation time but Mom keeps saying over and over how glad she is that I’m going to be home in case that thing heads our way.  Sooo I guess it was meant for me to be home next week.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2005, 11:21:25 AM »

I'm not 100% sure where Michael S is  The East coast, I think.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »

Today is Reptile Awareness Day.

It's also International Stuttering Awareness Day.

No connection, just interesting.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2005, 11:24:34 AM »

Hopefully, I'll be able to program the cell phone so that it's ringtone is the Good Eats theme.

;D, if predictable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2005, 12:40:16 PM »

I'm back from my wanderings, and shall now do a few things prior to rehearsal at three.

I did go to storage again to find elmore's marvelous chart for my song What Do I Do Now, which was on the Shakespeare on Broadway album and which we're doing at the LACC benefit.  It was buried deep and I had to lift about twenty boxes (separately, of course) to get to it.  Some of the older albums were before I had Maury Bernstein assisting me, and she was great about organizing everything by song, but these pre-Maury ones are a shambles and it took me thirty minutes to finally sort out all the parts for the song and find everything, but I did, so all's well.  We're not having an orchestra for the show, but we'll assign some of the parts to the second keyboard.

Michael

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2005, 01:04:14 PM »

Michael S is in Boca Raton, FL. Roughly 20 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale and 25 south of West Palm Beach. I live approx. 8 miles inland from the coast.

Spent the afternoon buying supplies.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up