Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THUS SPAKE BK  (Read 27754 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THUS SPAKE BK
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2005, 07:52:09 PM »

I think I'm reading too fast, or else I need a better eye prescription.  I could sworn Danise had said something about Jason worrying about having his bathrobe torn up, but then saw when it was quoted that it was his bathroom that might be torn up.  But for a page or so, I was wondering why Jason would be so upset about his bathrobe being torn up.  Guess all the talk about THE ROBE and other Biblical epics made my eyes read things funny.

Now see...I thought it was Danise worried about "her" bathroom being torn up (because Jane commented on Danise's comment about Jason' remark).

As for Jason, I think he's looking to have his bathrobe torn open...

Of course, there was that bit about the toothpaste foaming in that lady's mouth as she raved at him about his leak.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 08:03:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2005, 07:54:07 PM »

On the Cingular front:

My phone is activated and ready to use.

My mother's phone must wait until tomorrow, at which time I will contact Cingular Southeast (who was closed by 6 p.m. PDT) and get my mother's phone a new number with her area code.

Everyone at Cingular has been very nice and the lady I dealt with this evening -- Cheryl, or Sheryl, or Cherril, or Cherryl, or however she spells it -- was just terrific.

And I told her so.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2005, 07:55:38 PM »

I cannot believe it's so late.  I haven't even started my supper yet, and her it is nearly PRIME TIME.

That will teach me to grocery shop on a Monday evening (LONG lines) before having to work out some problems over the phone about some order.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2005, 07:56:05 PM »

Dance, y'all....just do it!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2005, 08:00:08 PM »

Ouch, that's just cruel!  I love it!!! :D

Ooooh..you ARE your dad's boy, aren'tcha!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2005, 08:11:21 PM »

DRJASON you MUST see the end of SABOTEUR.....maybe it's on during the Hitchcock week on TCM...check the schedule.

It is definitely on, but I don't remember which night (or morning) so checking the schedules would be vital.

It's also available on DVD.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2005, 08:13:20 PM »

Watched L&O:CI which had an interesting case concerning a nun who may or may not have done something in her past before taking her vows. The climactic scene with the detectives in the church was quite moving, I thought.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2005, 08:16:14 PM »

I watched just a bit of SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CASE OF THE SILK STOCKING. Holmes was in an opium den at the beginning of the film , but that's about all I watched (oh, and Dr. Watson was consulting on a medical case where another doctor seemed to have great disdain for him.)

The movie is letterboxed on the PBS station that I recorded it from, but I was disappointed it wasn't shown in high definition on one of the two PBS-HD channels offered here.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2005, 08:26:48 PM »

Edward R. Murrow did something in 1953 that had never been done before. He confronted a member of COngress openly on television, laid out his lies, half-truths, and misinformation for all to see, but he was breaking new ground and his own network was not exactly sure they should be doing what he was doing.

What agonies did he go through leading up to his famous broadcast (and afterward which did not receive 100% endorsements from the press and public)? Did he have a wife to discuss his fears, his hopes, his uncertainties with? Were his children (if there were any) harrassed about their father's position on issues or slurred at by their peers after McCarthy suggested that Murrow  had been connected with Communist activities and organizations that were fronts for Communist cells?

The only people we see him connected to at the hip were his work colleagues, and in particular, Fred Friendly (played by George Clooney). Were they the only people in his life he agonized with over what he was doing?

I think a glimpse at what was going on with the home front might have broadened our understanding of the man AND the journalist. If I had a criticism, it's that I wanted a more complete picture than simply that of a taciturn man with the weight of the word on his shoulders.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2005, 08:29:21 PM »

Once again, I found HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER mostly joyless apart from a few cute lines about different Halloween costumes. OUT OF PRACTICE, once again, made me laugh heartily several times.

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

CSI: MIAMI had a very clever case where an old adversary of the David Caruso character planted evidence that implicated Horatio (Caruso) in a murder.

The show had a number of twists and turns that took me by surprise, and promises more suspense in the future in trying to bring to real killer to justice.

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2005, 08:33:56 PM »

I recorded MEDIUM and will get to it tomorrow (along with finishing the bulk of the Sherlock Holmes mystery.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2005, 08:52:54 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... Been a quiet evening here - listening to the rain, channel surfing, going through my mail, etc...

And since I have to be back at the garage by 8:00...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2005, 08:53:54 PM »

On the Cingular front:

My phone is activated and ready to use.

My mother's phone must wait until tomorrow, at which time I will contact Cingular Southeast (who was closed by 6 p.m. PDT) and get my mother's phone a new number with her area code.

Everyone at Cingular has been very nice and the lady I dealt with this evening -- Cheryl, or Sheryl, or Cherril, or Cherryl, or however she spells it -- was just terrific.

And I told her so.

It's a relief when tiresome mixups like this can be settled with relative ease.

Glad it was no more irritating than it was.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2005, 08:55:18 PM »

Hmmm.... my heavy eyelids are alerting me that it's time to put them and the rest of me to bed, too.

Good night!

td

• td
« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Hmmmm...DR Matt H. watched Sherlock Holmes and a silk stocking whilst I was watching Cyd Charisse in SILK STOCKINGS. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2005, 09:57:45 PM »

BTW, Cyd was wearing the silk stockings, not me.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2005, 10:13:01 PM »

Congrats TCB!!

Vibes to thoses in Florida and where ever Wilma decides to go next.  

I fear I'm catching a cold or something similar.  I came home early and slept and slept and now after being up for about an hour am ready to go sleep some more.  Hopefully by morning I shall be fresh as a daisy, but somehow, I think not.

Good night all

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2005, 10:49:30 PM »

The tv ads are declaring that the new special edition of TITANIC has an alternate ending.  Perhaps the boat doesn't sink?
It sinks with James Cameron on it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2005, 10:50:27 PM »

How many times have I said I won't again put off my homework and then pull an all-nighter to get it done? How come I never listen to myself?

On tonight's agenda is a research paper on linguistics. Oy vey.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2005, 10:52:30 PM »

Reminds me. I'm due for a haircut.
You too?  I've been getting comments from my co-workers.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2005, 11:05:13 PM »

...I think a glimpse at what was going on with the home front might have broadened our understanding of the man AND the journalist. If I had a criticism, it's that I wanted a more complete picture than simply that of a taciturn man with the weight of the word on his shoulders.
Agreed.  And that is without my seeing the current film.  But, as you noted, that would have made for a different film.

Let's continue on this.  Do you feel, as I've read others elsewhere have feared, that this film might be a political diatribe?  Or do you see it as an attempt as an accurate portrayal of a time and place that has since affected our political views?  (Or, of course, both?)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2005, 11:09:54 PM »

I recorded MEDIUM and will get to it tomorrow (along with finishing the bulk of the Sherlock Holmes mystery.)
I do heartily hope you didn't record it in HDTV.  Der B and I watched the show in said format, and there were numerable gaps, parts that didn't transmit properly.  Der Be finally gave up and, at my urging, watched the ending on the regular network transmittion.

The gaps could have been because of the weather, of course.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »

And now I really must wuss.  I've an early shift tomorrow.   :P

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2005, 11:25:19 PM »

Well, F. Scott Fitzgerald isn't going to find his way into this paper, but I just wanted to tell one and all, and also all and one, that the word "underpants" is in my paper three times so far, once in the phrase "the underpants in question." That is a great phrase.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2005, 11:55:12 PM »

I am finally back from a rather looooong day - about which more later.  I have read each and every one of these marvelously marvelous postings and now I must write the notes in a hurry.  They should be up about 12:20 or so.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up