Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPOILING THE BROTH  (Read 19864 times)

FJL

Re:SPOILING THE BROTH
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2005, 09:42:54 AM »

Idea for a TV commercial:  By mir bisque is shein

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2005, 09:42:56 AM »

Oh well, I was thinking the S would be silent as it is sometimes en Francais.

The next one is more difficult.  Hi Lights?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2005, 09:43:32 AM »

Heylig - Mills?

FJL

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2005, 09:45:28 AM »

Hey lig me over?

(Or as MAD Magazine once parodied the song "Hey Overlook Me")

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2005, 09:49:56 AM »

Oh....GODSPELL update.

I had a great time with the kids last night.  They learned the signs to DAY BY DAY in about 20 minutes, and then we blocked the song in another 20 minutes....with a few refinements, of course.  Isn't that always the way?

So I stayed and watched as they rehearsed the parables which were staged in a clever and interesting way thanks to my friend Vickie.

I think I may have to go see this production.  And of course it was nice to see my young friends from PIPPIN who all came up to talk to me, and most of whom decided to wear their PIPPIN t shirts to rehearsal last night since they knew I was coming!

FJL

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2005, 09:50:59 AM »

Talk of circles reminds me of the great Bacharach-David song from LOST HORIZON:  The world is a circle without a beginning and nobody knows where it really ends.

Which MAD parodied in LEAST HORIZON as :  The world is a rhomboid without a circumference and nobody knows what this simile means.

At Yeshivah of Flatbush High, the MAD parody became an unofficial math class anthem.

No point, just circle talk reminded me of that.  :)

Danise

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2005, 09:57:36 AM »

Thanks, DRDANISE.  With the perspective you got with that shot, you should be working on Bert Gordon movies!   8)

I would like to say I set it up that way but it was a total accident.  He was leaving and I (like many others) was just hiting the shoot button on the camera as many times as I could to try to get a good picture of him.

My camera takes so long to cycle between shots that I miss many great shots.  That was one thing I LOVED about the new camera I'm looking at getting.  It has a rapid shot feature that I tried at the store and it took about 20-25 photos so fast it scared me.  

I guess I should post some of the photos that didn't turn out to give an idea as to how many I had to sort through.  Backs of head, out of focas, etc, etc.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2005, 10:03:39 AM »

Oink...much?

;D

I've been face deep in the trough!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »

I always love a good French Onion soup.

My favourite soup of late is Chicken Tortilla Soup.  Wolfgang Puck makes a nice one.  And at my and BK's favourite new restaurant, BIRDS, they make a nice Chicken Tortill Soup.  The Stonehouse Restaurant at the San Ysidro Ranch in Monteceito (The best restaurant I've ever eaten at) used to make a good one.

The Lovely Wife makes excellent home-made soups upon occasion...chicken, beef, or turkey.  Very heart and filling.

Most lamented soup...Campbell's used to make a soup I loved...called Tomato Beef...it disappeared many years back and I've never seen it again.

TOD from the other day:  Motown Favs...Anything by Mary Wells or Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.  Jamie by Eddie Holland.  Ask the Lonely by the Four Tops.

BK question...Are you doing a signing at Mystery & Imagination sometime soon?

Danise

« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2005, 10:12:57 AM »

I just saw THE  soup commerical.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.   :o
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2005, 10:19:08 AM »

I'll happily jump on the French Onion bandwagon, though I really only get it for the crouton(s) and cheese. I'll eat the broth, but I rarely eat the actual onions.

I'm also a HUGE fan of cream-based soups - particularly cream of broccoli. Any variation of the corn chowder sort is up my alley, too.

Can gumbo be considered a soup? If so, count me in on that one, too!

My parents are arriving today with my aunt and uncle in tow. They get in this afternoon and leave Tuesday morning. Taking a page from DR Jose's Walking Tour of New York Handbook, I have created an itinerary that will make their heads spin. Dinner reservations have been made for the next five evenings (with Becco - my new favorite restaurant - as the piece de resistence), tickets have been purchased for three - count 'em, THREE! - shows, and my walking shoes are ready to go. I'm leaving the office at 3:00 today so I can get home and make my bed and vacuum one more time before my mother sees my apartment. She didn't get to see the place last time they were here, so I have to make a good impression...

DR Jose: Hope your knee feels better!! Take care...

DR Ben: I'm sorry I can't make THE BIRDS tonight. I'll be supping on seafood as the seagulls sup on Tippi Hedron. It's the end of the world!!

And to all you HHWers out there going to see CAPTAIN LOUIE tomorrow night - have fun! I saw the show when it was the York and I know someone in the cast. That's all I'll say for now - I'll let you form your own opinions before I share mine. I will be seeing JERSEY BOYS tomorrow night...pray for us in the hours of our need.

DRJason, have a great visit!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2005, 10:19:42 AM »

From DR CP's post the other day....I am still imagining Mr Harlan Ellison dancing with Miss June Wilkinson.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2005, 10:22:11 AM »

Michael Shayne asked me to tell you all that he's okay.  No electricity, but other than that, he's fine.  He's at work, but can't access the site from there.

Hooray!  
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
GOOD VIBES TO DRsANN & MICHAEL SHAYNE!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jed

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2005, 10:28:21 AM »

DRJed, three summers with THE SOUND OF MUSIC?  Were you in the show?  What role?  Speculations are endless.

Yes, three summers of SoM... enough to drive you plain batty!  I did six seasons (1998-2003) with a summer stock company in central Washington.  They do three shows in rep each year, with SoM being part of the mix every year, due to the town being a Bavarian-themed tourist trap in a beautiful mountain setting (outdoor theatre).  Over the years, I was roped into SoM three times; twice as human scenery as a Nazi and party guest, and one summer I was stage manager for the show.  SoM is their cash cow, with many folks who travel from all around the state to see it every freakin' year, but I had better times there acting in Fiddler, Student Prince, Brigadoon, Music Man, My Fair Lady, Man of La Mancha, and South Pacific.  They also hired me on one year as vocal director for La Mancha and 7 Brides, after being asst vocal director for Fiddler and Brigadoon.  Many of my best friends were found through my years there... good times!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Danise

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2005, 10:33:35 AM »

What was John Lithgow wearing?  It was horrible.  The whole thing.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2005, 10:36:32 AM »

I Bisque it, I Basque it,

I totally unmasque it!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2005, 10:36:47 AM »

Asque not what your country can do for you....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2005, 10:41:24 AM »

HEYLIG

HIGLEY
HILGEY
IGHLEY
EIGHLY
LEIGHY
LIGHEY
YIELGH
GLEIHY
EYGHLY
YEGHLY

I give up....

Jed

« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2005, 10:45:39 AM »

I was able to figure out the BISQUE license plate (sadly, the answer had been revealed before I logged on this morning), but HEYLIG has me baffled at the moment.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Danise

« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2005, 10:58:11 AM »

For my LA friends.

I just received a post card in the mail:

Catch the world premiere of Meet Me In Miami, staring Carlos Ponce, Eduardo Verastegui and Tara Leniston

The Egyptian Theatre
6712 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA
10/29/2002
7:30 PM

Tickets can be purchased at www.latinofilm.org.

Original Score, Title Song and Additional Featured Song by Misha Segal.  That's the guy who wrote the music from "POTO"--the movie --I liked.  

No suprise that I can't make it but I thought maybe some of you in the area might be interested.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2005, 11:00:29 AM »

OMG, I MUST see this commercial!!! I'm going to have to park myself in front of the television tonight and watch something in an effort to see it.

Jason, we won't be seeing The Birds tonight. Anthony is workign at ActorFest this Saturday. It's a day long "conference" for actors where they can come and schmooze and network (I hate that word) and find out about classes and photographers, etc. He will be sitting at his Dance Teacher's booth promoting the class. She wants to meet with him this evening to talk about who/what/where/when/why (the 5 Ws of Journalism). Since he's doing that and we're going to the theatre tomorrow, I'm going to do the laundry tonight instead. That way, we will have the entire weekend to ourselves. A first since the first week in August!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2005, 11:03:54 AM »

I forget which channel I saw it on, DR BEN.  Hmmmm.....might have been HGTV.

Anyway on TCM tonight THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH with Doris and Jimmy.....followed by Hitchcock's earlier English thriller with the same title.  But the commercial won't be on TCM.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »

OMG, I MUST see this commercial!!! I'm going to have to park myself in front of the television tonight and watch something in an effort to see it.

Me too, DR Ben!  In fact, it's one of my missions for my upcoming 4-day weekend.  I wonder if any DR's who have seen it can give us any pointers as to what to watch, when to watch, etc?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jason

« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2005, 11:04:58 AM »

Ben: Glad to hear you're getting some time to yourselves!! I don't feel so badly about missing it now that I know you guys won't be there, either. Tell Ant hi for me, though!

DR Ginny: I forgot to say this earlier, but - FEEL BETTER!!! I'm sorry you're sick. :(

Ben

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2005, 11:08:16 AM »

I got a CD at lunch. Anthony had a commercial audition so he wasn't home. I went home for a quick bite (no, I didn't bite myself you funnies) and then since he wasn't home I decided to visit an old haunt, Academy. Haven't been there in a while. I picked up Songs for My Father. It's a "tribute" CD by Heather MacRae recorded live at Eighty Eights (the great, late lamented 88s, what a great place). She sings songs done by her father in films. So far I like it a lot!

Danise

« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2005, 11:08:31 AM »

Me too, DR Ben!  In fact, it's one of my missions for my upcoming 4-day weekend.  I wonder if any DR's who have seen it can give us any pointers as to what to watch, when to watch, etc?

I just happened to have the TV on for the news and it spilled over to one of the soaps--that's when it came on.

I'm watching OLTL now with Mom and will let you know if it shows up again.  It was quite frankly the most horrible thing I've seen in years!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2005, 11:09:17 AM »

New York Times article about John Lithgow's soup commercial.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2005, 11:09:55 AM »

It's like the wrath of God.  When you least expect it, wham!  I just saw it on NBC, I think during the idiocies of PASSIONS.

Danise

« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2005, 11:10:15 AM »

Ben: Glad to hear you're getting some time to yourselves!! I don't feel so badly about missing it now that I know you guys won't be there, either. Tell Ant hi for me, though!

DR Ginny: I forgot to say this earlier, but - FEEL BETTER!!! I'm sorry you're sick. :(
DR Jason, I forgot to tell you that I hope you enjoy your visit with your folks.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2005, 11:12:39 AM »

From the article:

The commercials are appearing on broadcast television series like "Ghost Whisperer," "Medium" and "Two and a Half Men" as well as during cable reruns of shows like "Crossing Jordan," "Law & Order" and "Will & Grace." Print advertisements are to appear in magazines in which Campbell Soup typically advertises, like People, as well as in magazines read by the target audience, like Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, Newsweek, O: The Oprah Magazine and Real Simple.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up