Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CHORES  (Read 22300 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:CHORES
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2005, 01:58:59 PM »

While I was watching REAR WINDOW earlier, I completely forgot about checking to see what TV shows the DVR had captured that I had forgotten had been programmed.

I need to go check that now.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2005, 02:00:58 PM »

As usual, it's Mr. Feltenstein who does most of the yapping.  If everyone really knew the story on this guy, no one would even read his posturings (he likes to claim credit for every success, and pass on the failure credit to others).

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2005, 02:03:26 PM »

Page 5 "A Tree Grows in Havana" Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2005, 02:04:56 PM »

As usual, it's Mr. Feltenstein who does most of the yapping.  If everyone really knew the story on this guy, no one would even read his posturings (he likes to claim credit for every success, and pass on the failure credit to others).

Well, I for one would LOVE to know the story. You keep alluding to it, but we need details!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

Bruce anyone special you are hoping to see tonight?  Where is your reunion?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2005, 02:08:17 PM »

I've never gone to a high school or college reunion.  In high school, most of my friends were in choir with me, but most of them were in classes before and after me, not my class.  So, I have very few friends from the class of 1984 and really no desire, whatsoever, to go to a reunion with a bunch of people I don't know. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2005, 02:34:37 PM »

HI all -
DR JOSE, I LOVE NANCI GRIFFITH and am very envious of you getting to see her once and maybe twice....

TOD, I've been to my 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 year reunions.  I enjoyed all of them. The 10th was the craziest. We ended up at a swimming pool at a farm in the middle of the night...it's a little foggy, lol  I do enjoy them and every time I go I end up spending at least some time with someone I really didn't know very well before.  It's just sort of happens.

DR Jane, yes, I have a long blonde wig, the dress and apron from the costume shop, white tights and little black shoes and a black ribbon for my hair.....it's a $9.99 wig, so when I post a photo, keep that in mind! I was playing with make-up options today

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2005, 02:36:25 PM »

As far as chores go...I had lots of plans to get them done today and haven't done any....tomorrow will be chores day. I have to at least get the place decent enough for my brother to spend the night tomorrow night. At least he isn't too particular.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2005, 02:46:01 PM »

We're at the Warner Center Hilton in Woodland Hills.  Because we just had the 6th grade reunion, I saw the couple of people who were interesting to see.  Not sure they'll be anyone tonight, but you never know.

Re Feltenstein:  Let's ask this question - why is he giving interviews all about the upcoming Peckinpah box set when he was the one person who tried to kill the project at every step, over a two year period.  And I don't mean just tried to kill the project in a general way - I mean he did terrible things to try to stab that project and the people who were involved in it in the back at every turn.  I can't go into more details than that, but let me assure you that your jaw would be on the floor if I outlined some of the things this guy did.  And if it's successful he will be the first to speak up and take credit.  And if it isn't, he will be the first to say, "I told you so."  He put this release in January, usually a graveyard time because of Christmas.  And then, as if that weren't enough, he just announced about ten other titles being released that month as well, which Warners NEVER does.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2005, 02:46:54 PM »

I'll be heading over to the Hills of Woodland in less than three hours.  I'll leave about 5:45 and get there by 6:15 - don't want to be the first.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2005, 02:47:14 PM »

Back from our short visit with DS Rob in Cincinnati.  He needed some things from home to complete his Indiana Jones costume for a Halloween thing at the church he's been attending.  We took him out for a sandwich and then for Graeter's ice cream - I had Chocolate Coconut Almond Fudge - YUM!  Rob had to get back to his residence hall for guys' night - all the girls on their floor are going to Disney Princesses on Ice, so the guys are getting together to try to "balance the universe."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Have fun going through the looking glass!  Looking forward to some pictures.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Have fun going through the looking glass!  Looking forward to some pictures.

Same from me. :)

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2005, 02:52:52 PM »

Any Halloween plans for you, DR Jane?

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2005, 02:57:03 PM »

Well, we had our new Sub-zero frig installed today.  It only took three hours.  I think we will rest tomorrow.  

Jane

« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2005, 03:00:42 PM »

Bruce, did Classmates send you a notice regarding the reunion?

Danise

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2005, 03:13:08 PM »

Hi all.  Mom got 2 shots, one for the flu and the other for Pneumonia  (I think I spelled it right).  She didn't know I went ahead and paid for the second shot until it went into her arm.  

It was a lot of drama for someone her age so we came right home and she went to lay down for a bit.  

I dug though the back shed, looking for the little animal transport that we bought for Bear when he was a baby.  Friend possum (or should I say Opossum) has shown up every night and while I have nothing against him/her, it's causing the dogs to bark.  I don't want any problems with the neighbors so friend possum has got to go!

Tonight I shall attempt to catch and put him/her in the carrier.  Tomorrow I'll take him/her to the State Park to do a release.  At least that is the plan.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2005, 03:15:08 PM »

REMINDER:  Set your clocks back an hour tonight!

Remember the rule:  Spring forward and Fall back!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2005, 03:18:32 PM »

The matron; I only do nondancing lesbian roles now that my bloom has faded.

But you have a special glow in your twinkling eyes and smile that will never fade.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2005, 03:21:05 PM »

We put our clocks forward last night. Now I have to recalculate time differences. Maybe I'll just wait to see what time the new notes appear!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2005, 03:26:58 PM »

Anne did play a mean cello, and I always liked her and Steve, her husband.  Anne was the only person I knew at our August 1968 college graduation.  I don't know why she didn't graduate in June.  I couldn't because I had one last phys ed course to take after failing swimming.  Oy!  I'm probably the only person EVER to fail phys ed!

Don't feel rained on, DR Elmore.  The only F I ever had in school was in PE.  I just couldn't do those darn pull ups and we had to do 50 or fail.  Well, I couldn't do 5!  

My strength just isn't in my arms.  I've often said that if I was hanging from the side of a cliff and had to pull myself up, you might as well lean over and kiss me goodbye because my arms just are not strong enough.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2005, 03:29:28 PM »

We put our clocks forward last night. Now I have to recalculate time differences. Maybe I'll just wait to see what time the new notes appear!

Is that because it's Spring where you DR TomovOz?  I mean why are you opposite?  Well maybe not----Spring forward, right?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 03:30:07 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2005, 03:31:12 PM »

Have a good time at the party, Alice (aka Cillaliz)!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jed

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2005, 03:36:32 PM »

I believe it would be 19 hours now, rather than 17, correct?  (For us west coast folks, anyway)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2005, 03:53:57 PM »

I Think that's right DR Jed.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2005, 04:01:47 PM »

Bk, if the reunion is boring, M&I Bookstore's Halloween Party starts at eight.  I'll be there signing the new FLY dvd and Bob Burns will be there with some of his original Fly memorabilia.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2005, 04:05:20 PM »

What color is bluebberry pie?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2005, 04:27:27 PM »

The Classmates thing was peculiar - the Winter '65 class put in for the reunion, and Classmates only allows one class per year, so it was of no help whatsoever to those of us in the Summer '65 class.  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

If it IS boring I may well indeed join Pogue at his signing.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2005, 04:48:32 PM »

Oh, by the way, TPunk, I have a question to ask about Walty and Killbot:

I once had two cats...Dickens, a male Persian hybrid (looked like a gray Maine coon), and Miss Vickie, a female calico.

When I was ill, Dickens sensed it immediately and he would get up on the bed and snuggle up against me as if to keep me warm.  He was never restless and never complained if I slept past his feeding time.  

Vickie, on the other hand, never seemed to sense anything like that.  She couldn't have cared less, and was quite fussy when meal time came around despite the fact that I felt like death warmed over.

My question:  Do Walty or Killbot have any sympathetic traits toward their humans like my Dickens seemed to have?

And for anyone else with cats:  Has your cat every sensed your illness and been empathetic and snuggled with you?

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago (pre-Walty) Killbot spent 2 days with me in bed, keeping me company as I rode the tylenol with codeine waves.

Both cats have comforted me when I was feeling blue.  Also, as a high schooler and college student suffering from depression, my cat Grouchy would always come running during my lowest moments.  She was therapy in cat form.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2005, 05:13:45 PM »

Well, bk is going to run into my sister Tami at the Hilton - she's going, if only to see if anyone at all looks anything like they did in school. yes, bk and my sister were classmates.
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up