Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TURN BACK THE CLOCK  (Read 16622 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TURN BACK THE CLOCK
« on: October 30, 2005, 12:06:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've gained an hour reading the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're late because they forgot to turn back their cow clocks.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:08:31 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TURN BACK THE CLOCK
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 12:06:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: BRATWURST!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 12:28:54 AM »

Well, I stayed at the Halloween do at Mystery & Imagination Book Store for a couple of hours.  There were several people reading.  It amazes me how some people are really poor readers of their own books.  You'd think they would at least rehearse the passages that they intend to read aloud and practice doing it with some sort of flair and panache.  

I spent most of my time sleuthing the stacks, persuing the stock.

I only personally signed two DVDs, but then also signed the entire stock they had, Dvds and several vinyl records, along with Bob Burns...collector extraordinaire.  

It was also requested I sign the "author wall" which all the authors who have signings or readings do.  In bright orange marker (in honour of Halloween) I signed right beside BK's first scrawl there, which was the very first signature to go on the esteemed wall.  

I wrote:  "Malcolm and Christine, Thanks for having  me on Halloween sign "The Fly" Dvd.  Did you think my costume was scary?  I came as a disgruntled screenwriter.  Is there any other kind?  Be afraid, be very afraid..."

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 01:08:34 AM »

Halloween is not celebrated in Australia - thus TOTD is ................

Brat Wurst -- Patty McCormack?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 01:25:51 AM »

Halloween is not celebrated in Japan, either.
So I don't have to buy candies for children.

My favorite costume(?) is... E.T. covered with white sheet in E.T.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 01:29:07 AM »

Well, I’ll try to listen to the Donald radio show again today. Hope to get it easily.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 01:35:25 AM »

DR Pogue; I wish I’d asked you for your autograph when I met you. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 05:14:52 AM »

Well, I stayed at the Halloween do at Mystery & Imagination Book Store for a couple of hours.  There were several people reading.  It amazes me how some people are really poor readers of their own books.  You'd think they would at least rehearse the passages that they intend to read aloud and practice doing it with some sort of flair and panache.  

DRPogue, have you ever been to a poetry reading?  They're held quite frequently at Barnes & Noble, and most poets who flawlessly juggle words can barely spit them out over a podium.

Good morning, all!  Well, I'm nearly ready for my weeek away.  Unless I can find a nice internet cafe or the hotel has accessible computers, I shall be quite E&T until next Saturday.  Time will tell.

Today, we finish up the orchestra parts for the number I let slide by, I will try to finish a choral arrangement for my publisher, and I have to pack.

DRJose, guilt won out yesterday, and I went to the NYPL Theatre Collection to investigate David Montgomery and Fred Stone, THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER, and other ephemera.  No movie after all!  Perhaps on my free days in Chicago . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 05:18:05 AM »

Not sure if this was posted before.  But Dancing With the Stars (the ABC summer hit) will be replacing Alias (while Jennifer Garner is on maternity leave) in the Thurs 8pm timeslot:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3787

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 05:20:48 AM »

I never discussed the TOD!  The first year I lived in New York, my friend Kaiper Wilson and I sewed together our bib overalls and walked in the Village Halloween Parade as Siamese Twins.  My life is rather dull.

Kaiper went back back to school and became a lawyer.  I wonder where she is now.  When I knew her she was writing a gossip column under the nom de plume "Rumer Hazzit."

DRCillaliz, you were a delightful Alice Liddel!

DRJason, it sounds like the visit has been rather good, so far.  My parents visit around 1990 was a horror with my mother's constant rages over family and friends.  When they left, I called my brother Tom in Ohio and asked, "why didn't he smother her 40 years ago?"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 05:28:25 AM »

For those who watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES tonight is a repeat. I think it's this season's opener.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 05:53:14 AM »

TOD: I don't know if I can name a favorite halloween.  I always love halloween, it's my second favorite holiday after Christmas.  I think my favorite costume ever was a courtesan/masquerade costume with a huge black gown (courtesy of my very talented mother) a blond wig that I arranged in an updo with feathers and a mask.  Very cool.  Actually my mom's costume that year was awesome too.  We were going to a big halloween party that a director friend had organized at a posh location downtown.  She went as a spool of thread with a pincushion hat.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 05:55:02 AM »

This year I am going to be a fairy princess, something I have been a variation of off and on since childhood.  At my interrnship, we are having a big to do for the residential kids.  They get to leave school early and change into their costumes then go trick or treating to all of the therapists offices.  The other interns and I are decorating our office and dressing up.  There'll be a costume contest and then a pizza party.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 05:56:02 AM »

Cillaliz, your costume looked great.  And so did the wig!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 05:57:04 AM »

I woke up this morning with a sty in my eye.  It's not super swollen and you can't really see it unless you look closely.  But golly does it hurt! I hope it doesn't get any worse...

td

• td
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 06:14:03 AM »

I know that I've said it before, but, I'll say it again. . .my favorite Halloween costume was my Scarlet O'Hara dress made from draperies (green) and my Hysterium costume. . .I'm almost sure I posted a picture many moons ago of me as Scarlet. . .if anyone wants to see it again, let me know, I'm about to put it onto photobucket.  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 06:27:28 AM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 06:36:48 AM »

LOL.....DR td - what you did with Miss Ellen's portieres!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 06:38:12 AM »

Lovely photos from DR CILLALIZ.....and her friend has given me the idea for my costume NEXT YEAR!  I love it!

Photos were taken last night, and maybe I will get one eventually.  Just my army fatigues, nothing exciting.  Lots of people riding horses, some angels, LOTS of policemen and firemen and sailors - interesting evening.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 06:38:53 AM »

Great reading all about DR JASON's visit with his family and DR JOSE's wonderful journey Headin' for Broadway.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 06:40:14 AM »

For my favorite Halloween costume:

I wore white tie and tails with lovely white gloves and carried my sister's Cabbage Patch Doll on a silver tray.  Yes I was.....wait for it....wait....

Valet of the Dolls.

Second favorite - blue faced dead crew member of the Titanic.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 06:53:33 AM »

It was great to read about DR CP's visit to the M/I bookstore last night. Mr Bob Burns is one of my favorites of those who do extras on DVD's.  Among my favorites of his CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and FLIGHT TO MARS....

DR CP be sure to tell him that you know the man who wrote THE definitive internet biography of Miss Allison Hayes - he will be suitably impressed, I am sure.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 07:21:30 AM »

Good morning!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood (a Mister Rogers reference). [sigh] Hard to get tired of this gorgeous fall weather. Amazing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 07:22:46 AM »

Yes, I knew DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES was a rerun tonight. That will allow me to see ROME "live" since it is a new episode.

CROSSING JORDAN has a new episodetonight, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 07:24:24 AM »

I had read that a day or two ago about DANCING WITH THE STARS replacing ALIAS during Jennifer Garner's maternity leave. At this point, it didn't make much difference to me. I won't be watching DANCING, and there are already other shows that I watch at 8, so that will actually give me (and the por overworked DVR) a break!

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 07:26:21 AM »

As a kid, I think the best costume I ever had was a teddy bear. My mom sewed it, and it was great. I assume it was made out of felt or something else warm because I can remember going trick or treating that night and not being cold.

As an adult, I think the best costume I ever fashioned for myself was Merlin. I can't believe we never took pictures back then, so I have only a memory of it.

td

• td
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 07:26:33 AM »

Last night I watched a wonderful dvd version of CASABLANCA, and now I have a question:
Is Dooley Wilson playing "Talk to Me of Love (Parlez-moi d'amour)" when Ilsa enters Rick's Cafe for the first time?  That song isn't listed on the soundtrack, but, it is a familiar melody and I just couldn't place it. . .

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 07:28:15 AM »

I think today I'd like to watch CAROUSEL again. Haven't seen it in a long time, and I'm anxious to see what this non-anamorphic movie looks like on the bigger TV screen.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 07:37:38 AM »

Since I cannot help TPunk medically, I am writing a song for her called "There's a Sty in my Eye." It's the least I can do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up