Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TURN BACK THE CLOCK  (Read 17833 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TURN BACK THE CLOCK
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2005, 07:59:26 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I think it's just about nine o'clock and yet it's just about eight o'clock.

I watched last week's Alias, masochist that I am - awful, horrible, terrible, completely out to lunch, out to sea, and out of ideas.  It's pathetic that whenever they completely don't know what to do, they just turn to Arvin Sloane - he's bad, he's good, he's bad, he's good, he's bad, he's good.  WHO CARES?

One used to think there was some grand plan to this show (most TV series are never picked up without some kind of bible for the first three seasons), but after season one it's completely clear that there wasn't.  So, they just went by the skin of our teeth, and sort of got away with it in season two.  Season three was worse, and down it went.  When Miss Garner announced her pregnancy she should have been replaced immediately or the show should have been canceled.  They are, in essence, replacing her anyway (in the action scenes), and I hate to say it, but the reason people watched Alias in the first place had a lot to do with her outfits and wigs and her action scenes.  As an actress, she's a one trick pony, and as a pregnant Sydney Bristow, she has taken this show down in flames.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 08:13:05 AM »

Can't argue about the lack of drama in ALIAS these days. As I said, knowing it's in its final season (ratings and obvious apathy from all involved will surely end it come May), I'll watch to the bitter end. Att this point, it's like watching a train wreck anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005, 08:16:25 AM »

Speaking of Arvin Sloane, Ron Rifkin was another very able actor who was part of the cast of WOLF that I watched last night. I had NO memory of his being part of the cast amid so many other very enterprising actors.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2005, 08:18:06 AM »

Well, I have finished my internet surfing much earlier than usual, so I'm off to get some stuff done around the house.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 08:36:27 AM »

Sounds like the reunion was fun, and that you were a satorial bratwurst in your Blue Armani Wells ensemble!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 08:43:38 AM »

One of the few things that's nice about the world we live in today is that most clocks change themselves - the computer clock, the VCR clock.  So, I only had to do the oven clock and that was that.  And I'll have to do the clock in the car.  The Clock In The Car - that sounds like a Dr. Seuss book, doesn't it?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2005, 09:03:15 AM »

Jack Gilardi, Jr - son of Annette Funicello and her first husband agent Jack Gilardi - was married last weekend.

JG, Jr, is an actor-producer-agent with several films to his credit.  Annette was too ill to attend the ceremony.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2005, 09:10:07 AM »

One of the few things that's nice about the world we live in today is that most clocks change themselves - the computer clock, the VCR clock.  So, I only had to do the oven clock and that was that.  And I'll have to do the clock in the car.  The Clock In The Car - that sounds like a Dr. Seuss book, doesn't it?

...and our cell phones!  How do they know?  And how do they know, when we're traveling, when we change time zones?  It's a mystery (a Shakespeare in Love reference).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 09:11:08 AM »

DR Cillaliz - how cute you are as Alice in the looking glass!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2005, 09:38:25 AM »

It's Day 3 of my mission to see the soup commercial.  Friday I "power watched" the soaps all afternoon - switching back and forth to see as many ads as possible.  No luck.  Watched network dramas that evening.  Again, no luck.

Only thing I watched last night was ESPN (Michigan 33, Northwestern 17  ;D), so I didn't expect to see Lithgow advertising premium soup.

There's an hour of figure skating about to start - Campbell's often sponsors skating, so off I go.

Bye for now.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »

Wow - Geri Lowe!! Ron Baum!! I remember them!! Geri from Diary of Anne Frank, and Ron as Ricky's brother, the artist. Haven't seen either of them for 40 years... I didn't realize Geri was in your class, Bruce... you had already graduated when we did Diary.
PennyO

Tomovoz

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2005, 09:50:48 AM »

Hello DR Penny O.  It's just before 5.00am here. I should be asleep.. Daylight Savings can't have changed my sleep patterns this much.  I think my internal clock has shifted to New York time by mistake. I blame Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2005, 09:54:49 AM »

Favorite Halloween costume... hmmmm... the best of them were at the opera - I seem to remember a gigantic rooster suit, designed by M. Sendak, that qualified me for Workers' Comp in the Chiropractic Care for a Year Department... that was for Cunning Little Vixen. Oh... in going through old photos after my parents' funerals in July, I found a cute pic of me at about age 9 or 10, in a costume i had made of me as a circus bareback rider, complete with the horse! The head of the horse was a brown paper bag, the body was several coat hangers, wired together and covered with leftover material from my mom's sewing room, the legs were pieces of an old sheet. i wore my ballet togs, and a huge smile.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2005, 09:55:16 AM »

Hi, Oz!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2005, 09:55:40 AM »

Go back to bed!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2005, 09:56:43 AM »

My sister Tami - who was in BK's class in school - is going to Australia in a few weeks to attend her best friend's wedding
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2005, 09:57:17 AM »

I'll find out which city...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2005, 09:58:08 AM »

Halloween tomorrow night in Lahaina - The mardi Gras of the Pacific!! I'm going as Titania, the Queen of the Fairies... made the costume myself, of course
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2005, 10:01:43 AM »

My companion is going as Merlin - I made his costume, too
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2005, 10:04:31 AM »

I loved my gypsy costumes in NYCO's Carmen... loved the Merry Widow costumes, loved the Marriage of Figaro costumes!! Student Prince!! Ohhh... my Jacqueline costumes in A Doll's Life!! Wowie!!!

I had to become an opera singer, just for the costumes!!!
PennyO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2005, 10:09:46 AM »

The Merry Widow....my favorite Lehar.

That is the title of the new WB series I'm pitching:  My Favorite Lehar.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2005, 10:10:36 AM »

Off to the annual meeting of the Putnam County Playhouse wherein the people who did all the work sit around listening to the people who did NONE of the work tell us how it should have been done.

Oh well.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2005, 10:20:01 AM »

Since I cannot help TPunk medically, I am writing a song for her called "There's a Sty in my Eye." It's the least I can do.

If the eyes are blue, you can call it "Blue Sties"!

If the eye is milky, you can call it "Buttermilk Sties"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2005, 10:36:52 AM »

Hi all!

Just spent the last hour trying to get tickets to see Wicked when it comes to town.   They went on sale at noon.

Sometimes ordering a single ticket can be a blessing as I got a very good seat but could kick myself because after snatching that one up, if I had looked the next weeks tickets I could have been even closer.  Ah well.  I do have my binoculars.  

This will be the first show that I 've seen on Broadway and now here at home.  I'm very interested to see what (if any) differences there will be.

Friend Possum did show up last night but inside the shed where I couldn't get to him/her so the relocation project shall have to wait until next weekend.  I don't want to catch the poor thing then make him/her wait in the cage until the weekend when I can get to the state park.

What a cute Alice!  And Scarlet!  I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years and years.  Our street almost never has any kids on it either so it's like any other day/night.  I keep a few quarters by the door in case I get a stray.  I don't want bags of candy sitting around to tempt me to eat them because no one showed up.

The few kids that have showed up   in years past seemed pretty impressed with getting real money instead of candy anyway.   :-\

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2005, 10:40:25 AM »

Glad that DR Rodzinski is feeling well enough to post.  Good vibes to feel better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and the cat question.  I don't have a cat but Bear is always so gentle when ever I don't feel good.  Even after the surgery, he wants to be with me so he climbs (ever so slowly and gently) into bed with me and lays his head (which weights a ton but he doesn't know that) on me to let me know he is with me.  He never moves or cries, just stays with me.  Oh, how I am going to miss him when his time comes.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2005, 11:01:11 AM »

Oh, how I am going to miss him when his time comes.  

Oh, yes.............
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2005, 11:06:41 AM »

I have so many things I should do today, but I really want to do something else...and it requires sitting and watching for a few hours.

I really should be washing and cleaning and sorting and putting away.

But I'd rather be lost in a story....

Sigh.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 11:06:58 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2005, 11:09:20 AM »

I'm getting rather excited about my upcoming trip to South Carolina.

I'll be "home away from home" from December 15 until December 29.

I can almost smell the air....and I can almost taste my mom's fried chicken!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2005, 11:15:03 AM »

Since I cannot help TPunk medically, I am writing a song for her called "There's a Sty in my Eye." It's the least I can do.

And if she scratches it to hard, you will have to write "Scabin In The Sty."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2005, 11:19:56 AM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............TCB!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up