Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE SINGULAR SENSATION  (Read 26859 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:ONE SINGULAR SENSATION
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2005, 08:26:05 AM »

DR GEORGE - Yes that is ME being thanked on the CD.  I am the musical muse of so many talented people.  I hope you enjoyed the music.

ACTUALLY - no.  It is probably Jack Randall one of the best jazz drummers in the Key West area - he also plays the banjo.  I have never seen his picture, but he probably looks like the scourge of the Indian badlands!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2005, 08:30:06 AM »

Happy Anniversary Page Three Dance!  8)

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2005, 08:36:31 AM »

Oh, no, I would never want to know ahead of time. Sawyer has a wound that is getting worse (according to the episode desctiption in TV GUIDE), but I tend to think that's misleading and that the victim will be someone else.

Ha, well that totally guarantees that it will NOT be Sawyer.  Plus I think women tend to swoon over him, so I don't think they would get rid of him.

I do wonder why they have to get rid of anybody.

Oh there was an interesting bit (in the paper today). It doesn't give any indication of who will go. But it does give a tiny bit of info.

Don't read if you don't want to know.

The bit implies that whoever goes tonight may be murdered (which would rule out Sawyer dying from his injury).  Now who would be most hated on the island? Locke?  Not Jack. Not Sun. Not Jin. I suppose that whoever goes could always be killed by The Others.  

Hopefully it will be interesting. I'm guessing it will be.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »

I didn't read it, but I made a note of the page and will read it after tonight's show.

I am avoiding any and all even "hint at" spoilers until the show is over tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2005, 08:43:01 AM »

This day started out really crappily (I don't think that's a word, but there it is), but now that I know that it's the 5th Anniversary of HHW, I'm in a slightly better mood. Congrats, BK!!

I found HHW.com through All That Chat. They featured a banner across the top of the page, and I recognized Bruce's name, so I decided to click. After reading through some of the truly crazy posts, I decided that this felt like a good fit and I stayed. I was temping at ABC Family Channel when I first came to HHW and I had LOTS of time for posting. That's back when I was just working one job. My, how things change for us all over the years, huh?

Even though some of us come and go and come again, there's a wonderful feel of family and community here - even with the DRs that we've never met in real life. Yes, we have our tiffs with one another from time to time, but for the most part we get over it and things return to 'normal,' and that's indicative of family, isn't it?

It's been a real thrill to meet many of the DRs in person. I don't know many other websites that are frequented by the calibur of folks we have here at HHW. If not for this site, I'd never have discovered Becco; I wouldn't have the thrill of living out my Broadway dreams vicariously through DR Jose [;)]; I wouldn't have my wonderful Thursday night regular movie-going buddies Ben and Ant; I wouldn't have had the chance to fly to Chicago to sing for a wonderful charity organization with one of the best theatre organists in the world and to spend time with him and his wonderful partner; I wouldn't have had the opportunity to lend my voice to a recording with Tony-winner Judy Kaye and work with "the" Bruce Kimmel; I wouldn't know what the frell Joe Allen was; I wouldn't have had the chance to taste DR Sandra's amazing chocolate chip cookies or to see DR Laura's beautiful photographs; I'd never have met all the wonderful folks from around the country (and the world) that I've met who have taken me under their wings, expanded my horizons and my view of the world and educated me in countless ways. And let's be honest, I wouldn't have an outlet for my craziness if it weren't for this here site, either.

This is so much better than going to therapy. Or, in Jose's case, going to Therapy. ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2005, 08:43:19 AM »

It's not only women who swoon over Sawyer!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2005, 08:49:52 AM »

A special wish for HHW!  :o

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2005, 08:52:19 AM »

And of course DR JAY found a photographed the North Hollywood home of Miss Allison Hayes for my collection!

DR JOSE spent an afternoon wandering the Hollywood Hills looking for it!

BTW DR JOSE - in what time period is your DAMN YANKEES set?  And don't forget to grab a shirt out of the rag bag if something doesn't work or fit!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2005, 08:55:09 AM »

Happy Anniversary!! I joined  November 22, 2004 after stumbling on the site completely by accident... I was at work and sitting on hold and out of boredom googled  the name of my dear friend  William F. Orr  and simultaneoulsy my own maiden name... Google diredctd me to this here site where DR WFO had posted something about a gift I had given to him .

I saw that I had to join to leave a message and thought it would be funny to PM  Bill on this site so I quickly joined using my ebay user name and then PM  Bill and thought no more about it.

When Bill got my message he called me and told asked me how I found the sire and what I thought of it.  Iexplained I really hadn't looked at it, and oinly joined to PM him as a joke... he told all about it and said he thought I would like it and should pop in and give it a try... I've been here ever since.

I never belonged to any other internet groups  (except for a 'Mom Chat" when the Vixter was about 3 or 4)  but I am pleased to say that I felt I made a lot of friends when I joined here.

I have been blessed to have mnet so many of you ion person already, the food tour and Dr PennyO's show and Danise's & my Central Park excursion bookenede by meets with Ginny, Cillaliz, Jane. elmore, Ben & Jason were all wonderful and I look forward to other meets.

I learn so much from so many of you on this site and feel truly privleged and honored that you accept me here.

I have received many kindnesses over this past year from so manyof you and I hope that I am able to repay ou all.  Even the Vixter, although not a member has been a recipient  of so many wonderful gifts as a result of you wonderful people out there...

Thank you Bruce... for "taking lemons and making lemonade"... or maybe even a fine wine!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2005, 08:58:09 AM »

Maybe someday I 'll even learn how to typ e from all the practice I get here!

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2005, 08:59:37 AM »

Ginny re avatars... I have a wonderful pictuer of youfrom the food tour , it was of you and the Vixter but could be cropped and reduced to just you I think... I'll try and do that tonight (its on the home computer) and email it to you.

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2005, 09:01:16 AM »

My avatar is a picture I keep on my desk, its  from a Girl Scout mother daughter dance/dinner from a few years ago.. I should probably update it.. but I was so much thinner then!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2005, 09:02:36 AM »

Happy Anniversary to Bruce Kimmel and one and all/all and one who have posted here over the years.

I first encountered BK at filmus-l, the film music discussion list, in a discussion involving one Joe Caporiccio.

The next time was at rec.music.movies when I was being attacked for my observations of the Academy Awards show (the year "A Beautiful Mind" won the Oscar).  BK invited me to bring myself and my thoughts to HHW.com, and here I am, since March 25, 2002.

I've enjoyed the association, and wish him much continued success in all current and future endeavors.

P.S.  Since HHW.com started in November 2001, isn't this the 4th anniversary?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:09:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2005, 09:02:43 AM »

~~~~~HEALTHY VIBES to ANN~~~~~~

~~~~HEALTHY AND BETTER DAY VIBES~~~

to Jason

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2005, 09:03:25 AM »

and now to try to catch up on yesterday!!

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2005, 09:07:17 AM »

I am off now to find myself some lunch.

WBBL with opinions on CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2005, 09:07:18 AM »

As for tonight's casualty on LOST, as long as it's not Jack, Sawyer, or Locke, I could live with just about anyone else. I'd hate to lose Charlie or Hurley or Jen or Sun or Kate, but I could if I HAD to. But not those three lead men. They add too much to the show.

I was thinking that if they wanted to go for irony that they'll kill off Jin, especially after what Sun went thought in losing, and then finding, her wedding ring.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2005, 09:27:14 AM »

Re:  Lost.  Well, I'm betting on a "red shirt" (Star Trek reference) to go.  Haven't you noticed on the teaser that there's a previously unseen woman in a brief clip whilst the voiceover says "One of these will die."  I'm betting it's her.

BK himself invited me here in a very nice email lo, those many years ago.  When we switched to the new board, I was surprised that 40 people beat me to the punch.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2005, 09:31:55 AM »

BK himself invited me here in a very nice email lo, those many years ago.  When we switched to the new board, I was surprised that 40 people beat me to the punch.  ;)

Some of us were at work and had to wait till later!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2005, 09:32:51 AM »

We'r e no t goin g t o ge t ou r hope s TO O hig h....

:D

« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:33:29 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and have read all the lovely postings.

Last night, I dreamed I was at Manderley.  In my dream, I arrived at a party.  Every single person at the party seemed to know me and shook my hand, even though I didn't really know them (except a young Dustin Hoffman - he was there, but didn't seem to know me).  Then someone handed me a potato pancake, which I ate.  It needed salt.  The End.

I debated whether this was our fourth or fifth anniversary, but since we're starting our fifth year this day, I decided that made it our fifth anniversary.  Of course, in order to arrive at that conclusion, one has to consider that November 9, 2001 was our first anniversary.  Since I don't feel like fixing the notes or the posts, that is indeed what I've done, math never being my strong suit.  In other words, 2005 to 2006 is our fifth year of postings.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:36:42 AM by bk »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

OH!  So that's their[/b] fault!

;D

And I was blaming you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2005, 09:36:10 AM »

It's raining here in the City of Studio, but only lightly.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2005, 09:36:45 AM »

DRJose, I do apologize.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2005, 09:37:28 AM »

Who here has had a cheese slice or a ham chunk?  Or, for that matter, a potato pancake?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2005, 09:44:14 AM »

Thanks to one and all and also all and one for all the wonderful vibes yesterday.  Today I'm feeling slightly more like myself, thank goodness.  I'm definitely not at 100%, but I think I can manage to make it through work...god bless Ibuprofen.  

DRAnn, I was a boob and didn't send any on the site, but I was thinking intense healing vibes.  I was!  Really!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2005, 09:44:44 AM »

Who here has had a cheese slice or a ham chunk?  Or, for that matter, a potato pancake?

I just had a fried egg sandwich.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2005, 09:46:39 AM »

I had a bowl of lettuce with turkey chunks.

A "Warren Berlinger" type would be an asset to ANY form of entertainment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2005, 09:49:59 AM »

I keep saying the samne thing, DRvixmom, but I kjnow pigs will fly first!

Jason

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2005, 09:51:21 AM »

It's official: Stephen Schwartz's CAPTAIN LOUIE, which features HHW's very own Remy Zaken, will close on Nov. 13.

The show didn't do bang-up business at the York. I'm not sure why they thought it'd fill up the Little Schubert...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up