Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BRIGHT ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY OF LOVE  (Read 29682 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE BRIGHT ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY OF LOVE
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »

Well, I'm going to wussburger and get some sleep.  Night

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2005, 08:28:07 PM »

Cool beans, page 8.....I'll do the lambada as I make my way to the sleeping environment

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2005, 08:29:15 PM »

Nooooooooooo.... don't leave me here all alone...
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2005, 08:40:36 PM »

So saaaad to be arrr arone in de worrrd.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2005, 08:46:19 PM »

Not a bleedin' peep from the music prep lady - VERY odd, since she made a big deal out of wanting to do this tonight.  She was having dinner with her dad at six and was going to call at seven.  Nada.  I'm not watching a wonderful motion picture on DVD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2005, 08:55:42 PM »

Maybe they had a slow waiter.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2005, 08:56:01 PM »

No DRLAURA - my leaves are still yellow and still hanging stubbornly onto the tree.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2005, 08:56:44 PM »

Going to watch Captain Nemo and the Underwater City on TCM now.

I finally won a Criterion DVD edition of THE CARDINAL...for only $16.50 including shipping and insurance!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2005, 09:00:34 PM »

In San Antonio,not only did Alexis Smith sing Some Sunday Morning, but I believe Doodles Weaver (uncle to Sigourney, I believe and staple of the Spike Jones Band) sang Put Your Little Foot, Put Your Little Foot, Put Your Little Foot Right Out.

Apparently Doodles was a great prankster.  He once called all the Bass Fiddle players in the Musicians Union in LA (or maybe it was Tuba players) and told them there was a job for them and to met so-and-so with their Bass Fiddle (or Tuba) at Holywood and Vine at noon.  He did it just for the laugh he would get seeing every Bass Fiddle Player (or Tuba Player) in LA converged at the corner of Hollywood and Vine with their instrument.  That's my kind of sense of humour.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2005, 09:23:23 PM »

I'd hate to have lugged my bass fiddle (or tuba) out to Hollywood and Vine when I needed a gig because my rent was due, and I even turned down a real gig because I figured, heck, Hollywood and Vine has to be a pretty big deal, could lead to some serious movie stuff down the road, then I might even ask my sweetheart to marry me (she's so worried about me being a musician and being poor)....

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2005, 09:24:59 PM »

Today, I listened to The Last Starfighter and enjoyed it.

I have not yet watched any TV or movies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2005, 10:07:22 PM »

Finally heard from the music prep lady at nine o'clock.  She had an unexpected visit from someone.  Apparently it never occured to her to call me to tell me that.  People - can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2005, 10:39:17 PM »

Der Grampa and I have spent another sparkling day with the grandlads.  We picked them up at day care, where the caregiver had kept them inside the entire time with little real playtime.  Our first stop was at McDonaldsIsEvil.  Well, that's what I call it.  At least they got some food in them.

Then we went to a bookstore, a Borders, where Alex picked out a stack of books that he wanted and William picked out a smaller stack (William isn't reading yet).  I meanwhile picked out a compilation of Elton John hits, a compilation of Billy Joel hits, and the film version of Last Starfighter, which I still haven't seen and which der Grampa thinks the lads should see before we introduce them to the musical, just so they will understand the story better.

Our next stop was a movie theater, where we saw Chicken Little.  The lads enjoyed it, but it's writing is highly flawed.  Finally, we went to a buffet restaurant for dinner, where they both ate their fill, which was a good thing, although Alex still refuses to try anything new.  On the way back home, they both fell asleep, happily exhausted.

So, the car CD player got some use.  We played the revival recording of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, some of that Billy Joel CD, Elton John's Caribou (the disc that introduced them to Sir Reg, but only because we haven't yet told them he's the guy who wrote the Lion King songs), and then on our drive back to Rehoboth we listened to the first disc of our new Elton John set.

Oh, we've also picked up the 2-disc set of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I watched some of the second disc stuff yesterday; it's fun, and underlines just how much of a workout Deep Roy had in playing all of the Oompa-Loompas.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2005, 10:40:27 PM »

DRs Danise and Elmore, I also totally love Ghost Whisperer.  It always makes me happy. I cannot wait to see the creepy tattoo guy on this week's show. I did not watch yet since I was with my baby niece tonight.

I watch this show, too.  I started watching it mainly because it's the lead-in to "Threshold," which I like a lot, too. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2005, 11:54:18 PM »

Just a word about Thursday night's "Will and Grace", which had potential if only Debra Messing had been replaced with anyone else.

What is with her?  Has she not been able to recover from having a baby a year ago?  Or is she again pregnant?

I think the show has suffered enormously the past two seaons, and it's primarily because she has not been up to the challenge of being the Grace we had for five seasons.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:58:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2005, 12:01:54 AM »

Here it is midnight.  I'm ready for bed.  I hear sirens.  They're either on the freeway, or in the nearby village.

sigh.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2005, 12:02:21 AM »

It's been so long since I've watched "Will and Grace" on a regular basis, that I didn't think about that.  I just thought that they all just got older. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up