Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOBBLE GOBBLE  (Read 18730 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:GOBBLE GOBBLE
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2005, 06:08:02 PM »

Wonderful photos, Jason! You should go to the zoo more often!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jason

« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2005, 06:09:22 PM »

DRs Jack & Laura: Thank you! Laura, since I get in free now, I may go again tomorrow or Saturday, depending on the weather. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2005, 06:11:16 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Almost all the Simbulan clan is currently in Fairfax, VA - well, at least Fairfax County - which is a big county!  I was the only one who was ever Richmond-bound - bound to Richmond.  ???

My brother, Jay, is currently in San Diego.

-And my former(?) sister-in-law and her new husband have just bought a new house.  In the Landsdowne Resort area.  $1.4 Million!  8 bedrooms!  I guess she did "trade up".  :P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2005, 06:16:26 PM »

I just spent the past half hour entertaining my nieces and nephew with some music.  I plugged in my Kurzweil, and started "demo-ing" some of the bells and whistles.  Then I let them "bang" away for a while on their own.  It was actually fun. And John Michael had way too many requests.  However, instead of naming song titles, he would just hum snippets.  Kind of like Name The Tune.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2005, 06:17:56 PM »

Oh, my, what a time we've had here in SW Ohio!  Our Thanksgiving gathering was a huge success, except my sister's husband stayed "home" at my mom's with a sore back.  The turkey turned out very well, the side dishes and desserts were great.

We even had a surprise visit from our great nephew, Nathan, and his mom and dad who were on their way to a gathering of a different branch of the family.  They stayed long enough for Nathan's mom, Rev. Amy, to say grace before we ate.

I've also tried to post a photo, but got the message about the upload folder being full.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »

Oh we must clear the cache and see the Thanksgiving photos!!!!

DR JOSE - were any of John Michael's requests show tunes?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2005, 07:50:08 PM »

Thanks so much, Larry.  Just started the Godiva truffles you brought.  Delicious!  Sorry we didn't serve them during dinner.  :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 07:53:29 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2005, 07:52:36 PM »

Hmm..I'm flying on a 737 during my trip to Fla.  And here it is almost post #737 for me.  What are the odds of that?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2005, 08:27:38 PM »

I don't know why I make video plans because I almost invariably veer away from them.

One thing I did do was watch the DVD of A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING. Even though it won some Emmys, I've always thought it was one of the lesser efforts and certainly not in the same ballpark with the Christmas, Halloween, All-Stars or YOU'RE IN LOVE, CB, the first four specials. They truly all were something special with kid character voices that have never, ever been equaled.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2005, 08:32:55 PM »

Then, remembering that FRIENDS always had delightful Thanksgiving episodes, I seletced Season 3 off the shelf and watched the Thanksgiving episode plus two others.

The Season 3 holiday plot involved the guys and girls playing football for the infamous Gellar Cup, a troll doll nailed to apiece of wood on top of a tin can.

Another episode from Season 3 I watched involved Monica reuinting with Richard temporarily and Joey hiding the book THE SHINING in the freezer when it got too scary. This episode also contained the plot of the Phoebe boy friend who wore no underwear and allowed "his mouse out of the house," to quote Gunther's admonition of him. A totally hilarious episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2005, 08:35:24 PM »

After the FRIENDS episodes, I took Woody Allen's SLEEPER off the shelf. I hadn't watched this movie in many years. It still has some funny moments, but Woody's style was still evolving and the movie seems crude compared to later efforts.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2005, 08:37:49 PM »

CSI's new episode tonight involved two cases, one featuring an overeater found in a dumpster and the other an estranged husband and wife found dead in their home with her throat torn out but the family dog wasn't the culprit. The latter was the more interesting case of the two and we got generous views of George Eads' new mustache and hairstyle.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2005, 08:39:30 PM »

WITHOUT A TRACE introduced Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as a friend and colleague of Jack's with a missing husband. Is she joining the show on a recurring basis, I'm wondering? The show seemed to hint that she might.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2005, 08:40:32 PM »

From the reports I read earlier, sounds like I didn't miss a thing with the local NBC station preempting JOEY and WILL & GRACE. I will see them eventually.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2005, 08:54:40 PM »

Hmm...  I just spent a good chunk of time downloading and installing some of the updates for my Kurzweil keyboard....

"Hmm... How come I can't access the sounds on the expansion card... Hmm..."

After a couple of trial and errors, I decided to go ahead check to make sure the expansion card was properly installed.  Well... It's just not installed.

Hmm...

I guess it has been a while since I've had to use my own keyboard for a gig - and, consequently use the expansion sounds.  Well, I guess I will be heading down to Richmond sometime in the next couple of days.  At least I know the box is properly labeled in my storage unit.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2005, 08:57:26 PM »

Well, I'm heading for bed. All that rich food and couch potato living has done me in.

Good night, everyone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2005, 09:00:37 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely Thanksgiving with the Jones's - Richard, Margaret, Ben, Sophie, and Richard's mum Lynn.  We had turkey, biscuits, stuffing, craberries, mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes, plus pumpkin pie.  I held to one serving of everything.  It was truly yummilicious, and the company was, of course, wonderful.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2005, 09:15:21 PM »

I wonder if TCB has caught up yet.

And what were DRs/B&G Jed and Ann doing today?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2005, 09:15:51 PM »

I'm back from a terrific dinner with Mr Skip Kennon, DRFJL, and some lovely guests.  There was one unfortunate moment involving a bitch fight over food that became so vicious water had to be thrown on the combatants to bring it to a halt.  Other than this social gaffe, the afternoon was quite festive, the food was excellent, and the company exceptional.  And the things you learn!

So?  Who did you fight with, elmore?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2005, 09:18:25 PM »

So?  Who did you fight with, elmore?

Now see...that was MY line of thinking.  I figured we were REALLY talking bitchy...but not literally "bitches."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2005, 09:33:17 PM »

Now see...that was MY line of thinking.  I figured we were REALLY talking bitchy...but not literally "bitches."

Yea, I should have read the rest of the  posts first.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2005, 09:39:50 PM »

DR George, I am very confused. Which Macy's did you need? The first hour of CBS or NBC?

I didn't tape any of CBS's broadcast, but I did watch it starting at 10:00 after I woke up.  I was able to tape the entire NBC broadcast.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2005, 09:43:32 PM »

My gosh Jason, those photos of the big cats were great!!! I am certainly going to visit the zoo on my next trip to NY!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2005, 09:59:22 PM »

Well, the current plan is to wake up "early", get a little bit of a workout in, and then do some work here at home before heading in to rehearsal at Noon.  I just finished looking at some more of the sale flyers for tomorrow, and I think I'll just pass on the madness.  For now.  And the more I keep looking at all the specs for an iPod (Shuffle, Nano and Video), the more I realize I just don't need one right now.  Or even really want one right now.  But I'll probably invest in some software, and check the Apple Store site in the morning to see what deals are there.

Again, that's the plan for now... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2005, 09:59:54 PM »

At our dinner, we had my sister Diane and niece Hilary (it was held at their house), my sister's boyfriend Larry, my parents, and Catherine, a former co-worker of my mom's (my mom retired from being a nurse last year), and Catherine's son Ryan, and Catherine's granddaughter and Ryan's niece (the daughter of Catherine's daughter) Sage.

As for the meal, my sister made a turkey.  There were homemade mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes, jellied cranberry jelly and whole cranberry jelly, my sister's homemade Scarborough Fair stuffing (with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme), and several other traditional Thanksgiving food items.  Everything was very good and everyone loved it all.  I bought a pecan pie and my mom made a cheesecake, the very first time that she ever made one, but I was too full to have a piece, but there is some left.

After all of the foodstuffs were consumed, my dad, Hilary, Sage, Ryan and I all played Phase 10.  I won!  That was pretty much the end of the evening.  I came home and am now watching "The Apprentice."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2005, 10:02:22 PM »

And tomorrow, I'm not going shopping, but my sister, niece and I are going to see "Harry Potter."  Actually, they were planning on going and I asked if I could go too.  My niece said that they're leaving at 10:45.  If I wasn't there on time, they would leave without me.  And they would, too!  So, I'll be up before then because I want to see it. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2005, 10:08:08 PM »

Oh, my gosh. I just learned that Keith Andes committed suicide.

I adored him, and was thrilled to be able to interview him for Classic Images. Evidently he was suffering from bladder cancer and a bad back.

He and I used to e-mail back and forth for awhile, but I hadn't heard from him at all recently and he never let on that he was ill.

Tomovoz

« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2005, 10:14:48 PM »

Sorry to hear that Michael - and just after you've lost another contact/friend too.

Time to cuddle your four legged friends.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2005, 10:21:47 PM »

Thanks Tomovoz. It is to be expected, I suppose, when you get to be friends with people who are in their 70s and 80s... but it is still always so sad.

Oddly enough Keith Andes and Carolyn Kearney both appeared together in DAMN CITIZEN in 1956.

George

« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2005, 10:25:55 PM »

That is very sad, Michael.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up