Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAR READERS  (Read 22393 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:EAR READERS
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

Marty, our big black Lab mix, the eldest of our pack, is having trouble with his left front paw.  One of his toes has become infected, we don't know with what, but it's swollen and red and he's finding it painful.

Wonderful way to spend my day off, heading over to the vet's office.

Now Woody, I am sure derBrucer would do the same for you if it was your paw.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2005, 08:07:11 PM »

Well, I settled in with BABY TAKE A BOW tonight. The film looks much grainier than REBECCA OF SUNNYBROOK FARM looked, but other than that, the print used was in good shape.

This has never been one of my favorite Temple films, and I still question why one of her better ones like CAPTAIN JANUARY or POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL or STOWAWAY or THE LITTLE COLONEL wasn't chosen instead.

And will we ever get THE BLUE BIRD? With proper mastering, it could look spectacular.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2005, 08:11:55 PM »

Again, I found the premise for HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER tonight more interesting and fun than the actual execution. The comedy lines weren't there for me, apart from the speculation about the pineapple. I, too, was curious about that.

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2005, 08:13:19 PM »

OUT OF PRACTICE had me laughing merrily throughout its half hour. The humor in this show is much more to my liking. I haven't seen a single episode yet that hasn't made me laugh at least some, and tonight's made me laugh a lot.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2005, 08:14:37 PM »

MEDIUM had another intriguing episode with lots of fragmented dreams and visions that seemed out of kilter. Then, about halfway through the show, things began making sense and adding up making for another entertaining episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2005, 08:19:22 PM »

I had about 30 minutes between the end of the Shirley Temple film and the start of my selected TV viewing, so I put in '1776' to watch just the musical numbers.

I thought the Dolby 5.1 sound was not on the mark for "Sit Down, John." You could hear William Daniels' vocals clearly enough but the background ensemble was too quiet in the surrounds and gave them a remote sound that was very disconcerting. I can't believe I didn't hear this the first time I ever watched the DVD. I'll have to run the laserdisc to see if that's the way things come out in the speakers on that disc. I honestly don't think so.

The other numbers I watched and listened to through "He Plays the Violin" all sounded just fine. I left it in the player. I may start the movie there tomorrow and just watch the rest of it.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2005, 08:20:41 PM »

The person who was going with me to RENT tomorrow flaked out on me, so I'll decide tomorrow if I'm going alone or postponing it for another day. What the mail brings will probably play a key part in my decision.

MBarnum

« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

Well, I settled in with BABY TAKE A BOW tonight. The film looks much grainier than REBECCA OF SUNNYBROOK FARM looked, but other than that, the print used was in good shape.

This has never been one of my favorite Temple films, and I still question why one of her better ones like CAPTAIN JANUARY or POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL or STOWAWAY or THE LITTLE COLONEL wasn't chosen instead.

And will we ever get THE BLUE BIRD? With proper mastering, it could look spectacular.

I must admit that I really enjoy BABY TAKE A BOW...and that song is one of my favorite Shirley Temple numbers. She does that number also in the film STAND UP AND CHEER, which is one of my all time favorites.

I also hope that LITTLE COLONEL and also THE LITTLES REBEL get released soon...however, THE BLUE BIRD...that is such a strange movie! LOL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2005, 08:36:22 PM »

Was she wearing a hat?  Did YOU wear a hat?

Wait for it.....

Does ANYONE still wear ... a hat?

I wore a hat.  Ms Stritch usually wears a hat.  Her character in COMPANY would never wear a hat, and she's very definite about what onstage is Elaine Stritch and what is a character she's portraying.  I liked watching her work on her material.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2005, 08:52:41 PM »

I must admit that I really enjoy BABY TAKE A BOW...and that song is one of my favorite Shirley Temple numbers. She does that number also in the film STAND UP AND CHEER, which is one of my all time favorites.

I also hope that LITTLE COLONEL and also THE LITTLES REBEL get released soon...however, THE BLUE BIRD...that is such a strange movie! LOL!

Um, unless I nodded off during the movie, Shirley doesn't sing "Baby Take a Bow" in BABY TAKE A BOW. In fact, the only song she sings in this one is "On Account of I Love You."

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2005, 08:55:27 PM »

Well, I'm headed for bed now.

Good night, all!

MBarnum

« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2005, 09:02:28 PM »

Um, unless I nodded off during the movie, Shirley doesn't sing "Baby Take a Bow" in BABY TAKE A BOW. In fact, the only song she sings in this one is "On Account of I Love You."

What is that song she sings up on the rooftop at her birthday party? Or am I thinking of a different Shirley Temple movie?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2005, 09:14:37 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from a very nice dinner with my friend, Andy.  And then we headed downtown to walk around Dupont Circle for a while.  Nice evening for a walk.  We did stop into JR's, but no one was there - apparently, even on Monday nights, the "festivities" don't really start up until around 10:00.   So...  We just headed back to Virginia around 9:30.  It was still a nice evening, and it was very good to get out of the house for a while.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2005, 09:22:48 PM »

DR JMK - Could you send me that photo-shopped photo?  The Lestat company starts their San Francisco rehearsals tomorrow, and I think it would be a nice "Welcome" e-mail for my conductor.  ;)  (E-mail address is my screenname here @aol.com.)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2005, 09:23:24 PM »

Who you callin' a TWT?

Is that because I'm a lesbian?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2005, 09:39:11 PM »

Well, time to get some sleep...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2005, 10:05:28 PM »

Home after an incredibly long and involved day, but rehearsal went very well, and I staged Our Time, and my staging work is now through - we just have to keep running things and getting them tight.  I must now have my first and last meal o' the day before I faint.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2005, 10:57:15 PM »

What, we're too lazy to go to two hundred, o, you who are just sitting there like so much fish?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2005, 10:58:31 PM »

The LACC show is now two-thirds sold, tix-wise.  Hopefully, each day will bring us closer to being a SRO.

Jed

« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2005, 11:12:26 PM »

Alright, I'll make post #200 while I wait for the last batch of pumpkin cookies to come out of the oven.  Then it's off to bed for me!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2005, 11:18:22 PM »

Soup?  I'll give you soup!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2005, 12:06:10 AM »

I really enjoyed tonight's "Medium."  I watched "How I Met Your Mother" and I did laugh a few times...well, more than a few times.  I'm just about to watch "Two and a Half Men" then "Out of Practice."  These are some of my favorite sitcoms this season.  It's nice that they're all together, too. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up