Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LIKES OF ME  (Read 30904 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE LIKES OF ME
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2005, 09:09:25 AM »

Well, I need to flee the internet now and get some lunch cooking here.

WBBL with some VERONICA MARS thoughts.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2005, 09:10:02 AM »

No, it was on THOSE CLASSIC MGM MUSICALS combined with EVERYTHING I HAVE IS YOURS and I LOVE MELVIN.

Oh, yes.

It's so hard to keep the issues all straight.  I know there was a 10-inch issue and a 45 rpm issue.  There MAY have been a 78 rpm issue.

Then, I think it was paired with another title in the early 50s...one of those MGM LPs on which cover was reproduced the 10-inch cover art for both titles.  It didn't make the late 1950s reissue (the double-feature series), but it was definitely in that series you found it on, plus it was one of the MGM Select titles on Polydor/MGM in the UK.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Three Dance!![/move]

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2005, 09:11:37 AM »

DR Jennifer, I understand the VERONICA MARS alternate ending will be on-line for a week. Since I have a dial-up connection, I doubt I'll be able to watch it unless I download the thing during the night and watch it the next day. I'll see if I'm interested after I watch the actual show this afternoon.

I have dial-up at home and I've watched videos before and they usually play very easily.

I almost want to watch it now before seeing the show!  I am so anxious to watch it.

I just went to aol.com/veronica mars, and it lets you watch the original ending and the alternate ending. It says it is 9 minutes.

But don't go there till you watch the show. They give some info, which I started reading, then stopped when i realized it was a spoiler.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2005, 09:12:04 AM »

Oh, yes.

It's so hard to keep the issues all straight.  I know there was a 10-inch issue and a 45 rpm issue.  There MAY have been a 78 rpm issue.

Then, I think it was paired with another title in the early 50s...one of those MGM LPs on which cover was reproduced the 10-inch cover art for both titles.  It didn't make the late 1950s reissue (the double-feature series), but it was definitely in that series you found it on, plus it was one of the MGM Select titles on Polydor/MGM in the UK.

Those 1950s double soundtrack MGM sets were the hardest for me to find. For years they were listed in the Schwann catalog but you'd try to order them, and you'd get out of print notcies all the time. I finally did find a few of them before MGM started their 1970s reissues.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2005, 09:12:35 AM »

It has been very hot here (like 55F) and now today it is done to 40F. I think it will be getting colder over the next few days and more snow! :(

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2005, 09:13:07 AM »

I have dial-up at home and I've watched videos before and they usually play very easily.

I almost want to watch it now before seeing the show!  I am so anxious to watch it.

I just went to aol.com/veronica mars, and it lets you watch the original ending and the alternate ending. It says it is 9 minutes.

But don't go there till you watch the show. They give some info, which I started reading, then stopped when i realized it was a spoiler.

Thanks for the info. I'll try it later this afternoon, naturally after I've seen the show.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2005, 09:14:39 AM »

Sounds like Freddy and KillBot both went on an Incredible Journey.

Great story about KillBot finding his OWN front door!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:06 AM »

Jennifer what antibiotics are you taking?  Taking them when they aren’t necessary only builds up a resistance, or worse an allergy, to them.  The pain you describe sounds like the flu to me.

I'm not sure what exactly they are. I'll have to check. I don't think it's the flu, in fact that wasn't even an option mentioned by the doctor.

I have not taken any antibiotics in quite some time.  And I do think the doc gave it quite a bit of thought before she decided to give them to me.

Btw, I spoke to my 10 week old niece today. My sis put the phone to her, and she babbled to me and I told her i missed her. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2005, 09:16:04 AM »

I have not seen LOST yet.  When I woke up at 3am I decided to watch ONE TREE HILL instead. I need to be able to concentrate more for the former.  In the middle of the night I just wanted something light.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2005, 09:16:41 AM »

Oh I am so happy Freddy is home. I was very worried.

And great news DR Rodzinski about your cat.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2005, 09:20:07 AM »

Jennifer I wanted to modify my post before I lost my connection again.  Oh well.  Was the doctor referring to your throat pain and suspect Strep, therefore the antibiotics?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2005, 09:20:55 AM »

Oh, yes.

I have a couple of the MGM two LP sets...some of them had three movies, I think.  I have SEVEN BRIDES, BANDWAGON, and another, forget which.  Oh, EASTER PARADE...but forget which other movies are with them and which ones are together!  

My SUMMER STOCK is the single disk version with LOVELY TO LOOK AT (I think), with some nice artwork on a white background.....  And I got it for HAPPY HARVEST and GET HAPPY!  LOL....

Of course one of my favorite Judy stories is about the the days and days she took to get the "Happy Harvest" number right....one afternoon finally saying:  "What the hell am I doing sitting on a tractor.  Someone get my husband to take me home!"

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2005, 09:21:07 AM »

Has Jennifer gotten up yet?  Has anyone seen her lurking?

I'm wondering how she's feeling today.

It's no fun being sick, and I'm pretty sure she was quite ill yesterday.

Yep quite ill.  That was no fun.  The memory of sitting in the doctor's waiting room with a fever and chills shaking is not one I care to remember.

I went to the hospital for my blood test.  It was so quick. Only took 15 minutes. Apparently though I have very few veins and they don't have much blood in them.

I am feeling better than yesterday. Although my throat hurts when i swallow.  I'm not sure how long the antibiotics are supposed to take to start working.  But thankfully no more fever, bone aches or chills.

Although I woke up starving at 4am. Yesterday all i had was 2 Cup-A-Soups. So i had some pea soup!

Thanks everyone for asking. I appreciate it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2005, 09:21:25 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Very interesting choices for romantic film score.  And boy do I agree with Pogue about Robin and Marian.  I also love Mancini's Two For The Road, and Tiffany's.  

Jane

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2005, 09:21:41 AM »

Happy day! Freddy the wandering cat returned to his home at 12:25 am...or at least that is when I woke up to him meowing outside!

He had no explanation for his disappearance and headed straight for his food bowl.

He seemed not at all pleased to see Hildy...but I am sure she had nothing to do with it...I think  ::)

So thank you all for the vibes! They really are quite effective!!!

:D :D :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2005, 09:21:46 AM »

DR JANE - sending you satellite vibes!

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2005, 09:23:56 AM »

Jennifer I wanted to modify my post before I lost my connection again.  Oh well.  Was the doctor referring to your throat pain and suspect Strep, therefore the antibiotics?

I don't think so since my first strep test was negative. There was only a 10% chance the second test would come back positive. So i'm pretty sure she ruled that out.

When I asked her what she would do if it wasn't strep she said she had a backup plan. I'm guessing the antibiotics were the back up plan.

Does anyone know how severe the sore throat is for strep vs the flu vs throat infection?  This is the sorest my throat has ever been.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2005, 09:29:09 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I thought the mural photos were terrific!!!

And if any DR would like a Gmail account - send me a request at:

Jaynrand@gmail.com

and I will send you an invite.

It's got a LOT of storage and is easy to use....and free!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2005, 09:38:34 AM »

Darn, I lost my connection again.

Strep really, really hurts and continues to do so for a long time if it isn't treated.  Severe sore throats can also signal something else, or not.  I'm very prone to them.   In fact I have one building minute by minute, yet mild by my standards.

The question is a back up plan for what?  

Jane

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2005, 09:40:18 AM »

Thanks JRand.  This is very frustrating.  I keep loosing the connection just as I'm about to post.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2005, 09:40:55 AM »

It worked.  I think I will take a break now and do some work around here.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2005, 09:49:40 AM »

Does anyone know how severe the sore throat is for strep vs the flu vs throat infection?  This is the sorest my throat has ever been.

I've had strep three or four  times in my 57 years.  It's never pretty.

The last time was about 6 years ago the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I knew I was sick, and my throat hurt severely, but it came over me on a Saturday.  My doctor's office was closed, and I didn't think about going to an emergency room.

I was never sicker than I was that Sunday.  I wanted to either die or be instantly better...but I wasn't optimistic about getting better.

My throat was better by Monday, but I wasn't better overall.  I went to my doctor, told him what had been going on and what I had done, and he could see I was more visibly ill than someone with just a cold.

After X-rays, he discovered I had developed a mild pneumonia.  I was given some antibiotics and told to go home, get rest and take the pills until they were gone.  

I didn't really feel "good" until the following Friday.

It's ALWAYS better to be safe and get treatment.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:53:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2005, 10:07:06 AM »

I am glad you are feeling better today Jennifer.  Just take it easy .  I had a terrible sore thorat the first week of November and I found hot tea (as hot as you can stand it)  with honey ( I don't think it matters what kind) and lemon helped it feel better.  I also had lots of hot chicken soup with egg noodles and hot tomato soup (but not creamed.. I stayed away from dairy ) all seemed to help.

~~~Feel Better Vibes~~~~~

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2005, 10:08:07 AM »

Welcome home Freddy, you naughty cat!

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2005, 10:08:38 AM »

DR RLP  did your pork loin EVER defrost?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2005, 10:13:33 AM »

And the cats came back
The very next day
(more or less...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2005, 10:15:29 AM »

My girlfriend just called me about this,  she is this girl's English teacher

http://www.nydailynews.com/11-29-2005/news/story/369961p-314735c.html

talk about spoiling your kids!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2005, 10:15:46 AM »

I will try this, although I wonder if it matters what type of honey you use. I don't have the clear kind. I have the thick one that I use for baking.

Jen, I would think that as long as it's not some kind of exotic honey it should be okay as long as it dissolves in water (or vinegar.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2005, 10:19:25 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to get a hair cut, after which, I shall return briefly.  I sound like Alfred Hitchcock cutting to a commercial break on Alfred Hitchcock Presents, don't I?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up