Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HAINES REPORT  (Read 33296 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE HAINES REPORT
« on: December 06, 2005, 01:36:50 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know the report, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home, which will be very soon - as soon as they finish listening to their Guy Haines CDs.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:48:47 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE HAINES REPORT
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 01:37:17 AM »

And the word of the day is: FASTIDIOUS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:12:10 AM »

Topic of the Day:  Favorite renditions of Sondheim songs?? (including original cast recordings)

#1:  Dame Edna's version of "Losing My Mind" tied with Dorothy Collins' original version.
"I'm Still Here" by Yvonne DeCarlo.  Dorothy Loudon's version is a close second
"Send In the Clowns" by Anni-Frid Lyngstad (the brunette from ABBA) who sings it in Swedish!
"Water Under the Bridge" by Debbie Gravitte

There are, of course, many, many, many (that's three manys) more, but I can't think right now (it's almost 2:15 a.m. PST).  Goodnight, all!

And Thanks, BK!  I got the package today!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:07:51 AM »

Hoo and Ray! (one of my favorite comedy teams from radio days)
I got rid of my computer glitches, so that i can at last log on to this here site.  It's nice to know Guy did well in SF.

I'm back just in time for all the upcoming clebrations!  And like Foremost milk and its cows, I am fastidiously fresh.

So, hello everybody, this is Mrs. Norman Maine.
I like boat races.

Jennifer

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 05:22:40 AM »

DR Jane, yesterday you mentioned that two of the side effects of my antibiotic are dizziness and malaise.  The only side effects it said with the bottle are diarrhea, dizziness, nausea.  

I never seem to get dizziness or nausea.  I always get drowsy.  The sad part is it's not even for antibiotics.  It's anything that could even remotely make you dizzy.  Now, not advil or motrin.  But sudafed that says non-drowsy totally knocks me out. And any other med like that, and I"m a goner.

So often it's hard to tell if i'm still sick.  Right now i think it's turned into a bit of a cold.  At night I have this drip in my throat (easily remedied by sudafed).  And my nose is running a bit.  But my throat is pretty good.

Only 2 more days of the antibiotics.  

Jennifer

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 05:24:52 AM »

There was nothing on tv last night that I watch.  The only thing I taped was THE CLOSER with Kyra Sedgwick (sp?). That is on here on Mondays.  Really good show.  It's sort of like the order part of LAW AND ORDER.  But basically it is named because she excels at questioning witnessing.  Very good show, and she is fantastic in it (and I don't even like or watch police dramas).

Jennifer

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 05:26:05 AM »

Tonight is THE AMAZING RACE.  Hopefully it will be interesting. Last week they sort of misrepresented that hot air balloon crash.

Also I will tape BOSTON LEGAL.  And perhaps the VICTORIA SECRET FASHION SHOW.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 05:51:17 AM »

Good morning, all!  This is the BIG DAY and I am starving.  I cannot eat a thing until after I am dismissed from St Luke's-Roosevelt around 3:30 pm or so.  I will spend the morning working on orchestrations and trying hard to not think of food.

TOD:
  I prefer the original casts on most performances:  Dorothy Collins and Glynis Johns are still irreplaceable  IMO.
  on UNSUNG SONDHEIM, I'm crazy about "There's Always a Woman" and Debbie's "Water Under the Bridge"
   "What Can You Lose?" the great Guy Haines recording
   "Send in the Clowns" Cleo Laine's Carnegie Hall recording from the 70s
   "Goodbye for Now" Liz Callaway

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 06:01:29 AM »

I had a FASTIDIOUS biopsy this morning (I know that's not the proper use of the word, so sue me!) when I went to the dermatologist. Results next week. He thinks it's nothing but he wants to be sure. It was a spot which showed up a little more than a year ago. He said it was pre-cancerous and we got rid of most of it with a cream (Carac I believe it's called). Now for the last follow-up since there is still a slight mark he decided to biopsy it and make sure it's nothing serious. It may be a basal cell skin cancer but he said that would be easy to remove and if it's the remains of the pre-cancerous mark that will be easy to treat also.

No more sun for me!!!

Barbara Cook-Losing My Mind
Stritchy-Ladies Who Lunch

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 06:08:44 AM »

Good morning!

DR elmore - I hope your procedure goes well today and that everything is OK.  Do you have someone to help you get home afterward?

DR Ben - Did you receive the mail I sent you?  Your volunteer work sounds like fun and it's so worthwhile.  If I were staying in my favorite Comfort Inn, I'd pop in to help!

Hi, DR FJL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 06:24:42 AM »

Cingratulations to Mr. Haines... I wish I could have been there to seen the performance!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 06:25:07 AM »

~~~VIBES~~~~ to dear elmore for an easy procedure and easy fast!

vixmom

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 06:25:47 AM »

~~~Vibes~~~ to dear Ben for a good biopsy result

vixmom

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 06:26:10 AM »

~~~Health Vibes~~~ for Danise and Jennifer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 06:26:33 AM »

Good morning!

DR elmore - I hope your procedure goes well today and that everything is OK.  Do you have someone to help you get home afterward?

My friend Matthew is busy this afternoon, so I've sent Skip Kennon an email to see if he's free.  My goddaughter Charlotte is booked until 8:30 so she's out and her father's singing in New Jersey tonight with Rob Fisher, so Ron's unavailable.  I may be standing outside St Lukes at noon hiring someone.  Otherwise, I'm stuck in the hospital until the doctor releases me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 06:29:18 AM »

We woke up to three inches of snow much to the disgust of the Vixter who (despite my precautions) had worked herself up to expecting a blizzard of epic proportions and who had carefully planned how she was going to spend her "snow day " off from school

As I dropped her off at school  with my customary, "I love you have a great day" she muttered  "It's too late for that"  and trudged off to class.

vixmom

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 06:31:51 AM »

My friend Matthew is busy this afternoon, so I've sent Skip Kennon an email to see if he's free.  My goddaughter Charlotte is booked until 8:30 so she's out and her father's singing in New Jersey tonight with Rob Fisher, so Ron's unavailable.  I may be standing outside St Lukes at noon hiring someone.  Otherwise, I'm stuck in the hospital until the doctor releases me.

Poor elmore!! I wish I could get in there to help you out....

~~~~~~VIBES~~~~~~~~ for a friendly helpful face to make sure you get home safe and sound after your procedure

FJL

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 06:38:15 AM »

Larry, Skip's available.

FJL

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 06:39:30 AM »

Oh, I guess Skip just spoke to you.  He'll see you around 3:45.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 06:39:47 AM »

DRvixmom, your vibes and everyone else's have come through.  DR FJL's companion Skip just called me and he will see me home today.  I'm very blessed in my friends.  Thank you all.

Dear Friend BK, I'm glad that Mr Haines had another triumph last evening.  Safe travel vibes back to LA and a relaxing week to follow.

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 06:39:59 AM »

Larry, Skip's available.

Oh, I'm so relieved!  I was beginning to think I'd have to put retired DH Richard on a plane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 06:50:39 AM »

TOD - Julia McKenzie's "Broadway Baby," from the Side by Side by Sondheim that DR elmore gave me years ago.  She has just the right winsomeness and builds at just the right point, I think.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 06:51:11 AM by Ginny »

vixmom

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 07:00:10 AM »

I am very pleased Skip is coming for you Lar....

vixmom

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 07:01:53 AM »

FJL - I just caught up  on last night's posts-  your Fish frenzy (with notable  additional material written by Dan the Man and Iris) had me laughing out loud!

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 07:03:45 AM »

and FJL congratulations on post 777 on page 7 and post 800 on page 8...

Your mission, Mr. L.,  should you choose to accept it.
is to time your post 900 for page 9 today.

8)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 07:15:05 AM by vixmom »

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 07:07:32 AM »

FJL - I just caught up  on last night's posts-  your Fish frenzy (with notable  additional material written by Dan the Man and Iris) had me laughing out loud!

Me too, DR vixmom, as did your story about The Vixter's thwarted snow day!

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 07:13:02 AM »

Me too, DR vixmom, as did your story about The Vixter's thwarted snow day!

I just spoke on the phone with Vixdad. He rides into work on the train with one of the Vixter's schoolmates' mom.  She said her son had exactly the same reaction as the Vixter's, apparently going so far as to say that the TV weather forecasters should be sued for raising people's hopes and  expectations and then letting them down.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 07:32:49 AM »

On location here at the Oakland Airport.  What I hate about Southwest:  No reserved seats, you board in groups.  I did an online boarding pass, which put me in group A, of course.  But, now, if you don't get to the airport ninety minutes before the fly, the line for even group A is ridiculous.  I'm first here, but only because I was here two hours early.

The Super Shuttle, which I also hate, was twenty minutes late in picking me up, and I was not the last customer - we had one more pickup.  The driver was a complete jerk - I'd been told by the dispatcher that I was the last stop.  The driver informed me I wasn't.  I got a bit annoyed and informed him that I a) was upset that he was twenty minutes late, and b) that I wasn't too happy we had another pickup.  I asked strongly how long it would take to get to the airport?  He got very loud with me, telling me I was making him nervous.  I said, "I'm making YOU nervous?  I wasn't twenty minutes late, I don't have another pickup to make."  He then said loudly, "Look, I'm very upset - they have a new system and it isn't working well" blah, blah, blah.  I said, "Your system is your problem, you were supposed to be here between five-fifteen and five-thirty and it's now five-fifty."  I thought seriously about telling him what he could do with his shuttle and his system, but he said it would only be twenty minutes to the airport once we got the last guy.  He didn't, of course, mention that the last guy was completely on the other side of town.  And the other guy took almost ten minutes to come downstairs and get on the van.  The other person in the van was already calling a cab, which I said I'd go halves on.  But, then we got going and I got here in plenty of time.

I will be asking for a refund (I didn't pay, but my hosts should get the refund anyway).

The group B line is now huge and there are people in line for group C.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 07:33:35 AM »

Glad to see Ben back, and most happy to see dear reader Kerry.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 07:34:39 AM »

Good morning!

A chilly albeit beautiful morning here, and I'm looking forward to walking later in the day after seeing RENT.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up