Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOGGLED BK  (Read 49866 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:THE BOGGLED BK
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2005, 02:45:20 PM »

You're welcome Tomovoz

Hey, I did it...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2005, 02:46:14 PM »

Yea!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2005, 02:46:26 PM »

Thank you BK.  Another great year of fun and friendship. (and I needed it so much this year).

I had a lovely phone call from OzDerek's sister Maureen, yesterday.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2005, 02:47:59 PM »

Thank you again Ann and George!

At 60 I don't need to learn all those tricks. It's amazing that I can remember how to post photographs here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2005, 02:52:36 PM »

OzDerek's Bears and mine have taken over some of the festive duties!!
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2005, 03:05:14 PM »

I am listening to a version of the song SHRIMP BOATS by a singer named Dick Beaver. I just don't think that Dick Beaver is a good name for anyone.

Neither is Nellie Manley.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2005, 03:19:36 PM »

I am listening to a version of the song SHRIMP BOATS by a singer named Dick Beaver. I just don't think that Dick Beaver is a good name for anyone.

There was an executive in my home town, Dick Head.  Sad.

I'm back from the dress at  Carnegie and now I must prepare for the concert.  I'm watching a PBS documentary "Once Upon a Sleighride," about Leroy Anderson.  The documentaryi includes an Ed Sullivan clip of Pat Stanley and Kelly Brown in the de Mille  "Lady in Waiting" ballet from GOLDILOCKS.  Also, Elaine Stritch discusses the show briefly (too briefly) with Robert Whitehead, but she isn't as sardonic in her comments as she was to me about it.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2005, 03:39:14 PM »

Maybe we will see that documentary sometime in 2006, DR ELMORE.

Thanks for the BEAR pic, DR TOMovOZ!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2005, 04:02:06 PM »

Traveling music and vibes for DRs BEN and ANTHONY and DR RLP!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2005, 04:03:17 PM »

DR JOSE just got the One Hour Call.....he should be heading for the Bull Pen soon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2005, 04:04:01 PM »

I think I will watch THE FIVE PENNIES now and the get ready for PROJECT RUNWAY!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »

I can't really think of any pop groups of today that I'd like to record.  I'd like to produce Striesand, if she'd be willing to listen for a change.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2005, 04:18:14 PM »

DR Tomovoz:  I was just thinking of OzDerek yesterday.  Please pass on greetings to his family and let them know how much he is missed here and that he is being thought fondly of during these holidays.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2005, 04:22:18 PM »

A pleasure DR Jack

Will do DR Ron
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2005, 04:24:37 PM »

There was a Dick Beavers on the recording of "Pal Joey" with Jane Froman.

And there was a Richard Beavers (aka Bruce Langley) who appeared in "Easter Parade" (singing "The Girl I Love" number).

I've always been particularly wary of members of the Lipschitz family.

I've always worried I'd meet one named Kissy.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2005, 04:26:09 PM »

TOD:

Dear BK,
What are you hoping to get for Christmas?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2005, 04:35:46 PM »

There was a Dick Beavers on the recording of "Pal Joey" with Jane Froman.

And there was a Richard Beavers (aka Bruce Langley) who appeared in "Easter Parade" (singing "The Girl I Love" number).

I've always been particularly wary of members of the Lipschitz family.

I've always worried I'd meet one named Kissy.

Likely the same guy as the one I was listening to was singing with Les Baxters Orchestra.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »

I'm expecting nothing at all for Christmas, therefore anything that shows up will be a complete surprise.  This hasn't been a big year for presents - only one for my birthday, really, and a lovely surprise from FJL and Skip yesterday.  

FJL

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2005, 05:07:13 PM »

Larry - Believe it or not, the head of a department at a place I worked in the 1980's was Dick Genetelli.  (Now if your last name is Genetelli, why would you name your child Dick?)

FJL

« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2005, 05:23:20 PM »

It's been a strange year gift-wise with the way the holidays have fallen, with Hannukah falling mostly between Christmas and New Year's.  Our office holiday party is this Friday, more than a full week before there's actually any holiday.  But Skip and I took our first walk down Macy's holiday lane last Saturday night and sort of declared that the beginning of our holiday season.

So glad the tchochke got to you so fast, Bruce.   Hooray for FedEx!

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2005, 05:46:49 PM »

DRJason, this sounds like a story my father, who turned 84 today, used to tell us about growing up in Appalachia in the late 1920s.  Did you have to walk to work today through six feet of snow with frozen toes?

LOL, My mother used to tell a similar story about walking miles throught he snow to go to school. Problem was she only lived about 6-8 blocks from the school. We used to tease her about what route she would take to get home and back

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2005, 06:04:29 PM »

I offer the following PG-17 "Foamy the Squirrel Christmas Special" to adults who are not offended by the use of profanities to support a rant.

View with caution and out-of-ear-shot of minors:

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

(or ignore and don't view at all).

(I warned you).

LOL. I love it!

:D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2005, 06:17:16 PM »

Ben, have a great trip.  We very much enjoyed a day tour from Dublin to the country.  One of the stops was at the ruins of a monastery on a lake.  The opening scenes of BRAVEHEART were filmed at the lake.

Don’t forget to check out Thornton’s, if you can find it.  Be sure to try the special toffee and, my favorite, the mint toffee.  Every day I went to the one in old town & purchased toffee and humbugs.  I would love to know if they still sell humbugs.  Following are two Dublin locations from their website:
Thorntons, Dublin-Jervis   
Unit 1B Jervis Shopping Ctr   
Lower Abbey Street   

Thorntons, Dublin-Jervis   
Unit 1B Jervis Shopping Ctr   
Lower Abbey Street   

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »

Well, I'm finally caught up, but must go. A judge just gave me 24 hours to get a motion and brief filed and I want to do it tonight while I'm still all wound up about the issue. Be back later

Jane

« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2005, 06:23:59 PM »

By the by - we got our holiday bonuses. I'm a happy, happy, slightly-better-off boy right now. :D

Good news!! :D

Jane

« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2005, 06:32:26 PM »

JRand do you think we should see the CRONICALS OF NARNIA this weekend instead of Kong?

Please refresh my memory, what was the line in the original film?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2005, 06:34:49 PM »

Today has been a pretty hectic day at work.  We had our gift exchange (I got a box with 11 different puzzles!) and the person who got what I gave (9 small jars of different Knott's Berry Farm jellies, jams and preserves) gave it back because she doesn't like things like that (which I do...that's why I got it :)).  But since she loves puzzles (and I don't), we're trading!  But it's under the table because another woman who collects puzzles asked first if we could trade and I didn't want what she got...a couple of books and something else...I don't know what.  So, don't tell anyone! ;)

The lunch itself was wonderful, as always.  I brought home-baked (from a store-bought dough) Nestle's Toll House chocolate chip cookies and some Clementine tangerines for the morning break, and some Smokies for the actual lunch part.  There was just a butt-load of food and most people (including me) loaded their butts full! :D

And right now, I'm leaving to go see a local production of Children of Eden.  It should be pretty good.  I won't be back until late (it is a long show), so...Laters!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2005, 06:37:06 PM »

DRLaura, nice presents.  Today we received a delivery from Zingerman’s in Ann Arbor, Michigan full of goodies for Bryan, and a few for us.

Tomovoz, sweet photos of the bears.

MBarnum SCRIMP BOATS is on my Jo Stafford CD Keith gave me for my birthday.  He also ordered her Christmas CD which never arrived and won’t until after the holidays so he cancelled it.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2005, 06:43:44 PM »

Bruce, will Charles Pogue return with interesting news within the next couple of days?

Jane

« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2005, 06:45:58 PM »

The lunch itself was wonderful, as always.  I brought home-baked (from a store-bought dough) Nestle's Toll House chocolate chip cookies and some Clementine tangerines for the morning break, and some Smokies for the actual lunch part.  There was just a butt-load of food and most people (including me) loaded their butts full! :D

LOL-if only it would go to my butt.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up