Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVEN FOREFEND  (Read 26027 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HEAVEN FOREFEND
« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2003, 10:00:22 PM »

Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2003, 10:01:06 PM »

My, what a lot of posts today. It will take some time to catch up with all of them!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2003, 10:01:56 PM »

LOL, I AM here, BK, catching up on the posts!  

Please don't be offended, BK, if I, and the rest of the gals, do talk to Mark on MSN sometimes...it really doesn't take anything away from HHW or our love for this board.  Emily is right though....I mean, if we kept all our risque comments and jokes to the board, it would SOO no longer be a family site!

Well, Elf was very, very funny....I think Will Ferrell is my new favorite movie funny man.  He was just loveable and hilarious and I just can't say enough about his performance...how he was able to be so endearingly funny without veering on the annoying!  And Zooey Deschanel...she sings a few songs in the movie...someone put this woman in a musical!  She can really croon!

George---that pic was so wrong....and sooo funny.

Swishy--Definitely think you should do the cabaret show!  You would be divoon.

Jay--thanks for the reviews!

Now I'd better post before BK breaks out the bitch-slapping machine!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 10:03:51 PM by Maya »

td

• td
« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2003, 10:03:22 PM »

Not errant or truant here, but, following the kitchen preparations for tomorrow's feat of fowl, I sat down to watch half of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG on dvd and ended up watching the whole movie.  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY DEAR READERS and HOST!!!

And, very special THANKSGIVING to a DR, whose presence would have added to the festivity as much as his present will. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2003, 10:04:43 PM »

Sometimes is fine.  Hours is snarky if it costs us POSTS.  POSTS are the thing.  I know Mark "Hormones" Bakalor could never replace this board.  I just hate to lose our little posting frenzies because five or six girl and boy toys are off doing the private thing.  But, that's just me.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2003, 10:05:34 PM »

It never rains but when it pours!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2003, 10:09:43 PM »

Long live posting frenzies!  Those will never go away!

Well, I should probably say goodbye to everyone now.  My family is leaving for NYC bright and early tomorrow morning, and I doubt I will have internet access for a few days (I'm going to have sooo much catching up to do!)  I WILL be seeing Nine and Wonderful Town on Saturday, so I will try to spend the interim between shows at Easy Everything on 42nd Street.  God bless those internet cafes!

Anyway, if I don't get to post sooner, I want to wish everyone a:
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
Happy and post-happy Thanksgiving!!!
[/move]

Have fuuuunnnnn!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2003, 10:09:52 PM »

You know, only about eighteen more snarky posts and we cross over the 9000 mark.  The 9000 mark is good, the other mark is hormonal.

Tomovoz

« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2003, 10:12:12 PM »

Just wondered why I was tired. I have not slept since I got here. I thought we were supposed to ever present. I forgot to read the instruction manual. Of course it may indeed be reassuring to others that Gods indeed have some remaining human qualities and needs.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2003, 10:26:38 PM »

wondering if Maya is going to email me to meet up.. hmmmmm

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2003, 10:28:27 PM »

Here's my late night post:

The Dimetapp that I've been taking seems to be keeping my cold symptoms at bay.  Why they want to be at the bay is beyond me, but that's where they are...and that's a good thing. :)

Tomorrow (which, thankfully, is Thanksgiving Day) my parents are having dinner at around 4:00 p.m. and I've been invited.  Today, I bought a pumpkin cheesecake to be consumed tomorrow and I also have some Almond Roca...not to be combined, mind you, but just to have another dessert option.  After watching the Macy's parade in the morning, I have no plans until dinner.  I plan to do nothing except watch TV and record a couple more records to make CDs out of them.  Them's my plans.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone who celebrates!  And if you don't...have a good day, otherwise.  ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2003, 10:37:12 PM »

More hot posts, more hot posts.

I'm watching Powell and Pressburger's phantasmagoria, The Tales of Hoffman.  Quite a feast for the eyes and ears.

Jason

« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2003, 10:39:39 PM »

Gee, whiz, it's been a long day! I went into MTI around 11:00 and the office closed at 3:00, so I walked my happy little rump up to the Loews at Lincoln Square and I saw Opie's new movie, "The Missing." I swear I've seen this movie before...several times before, in fact. Just call it "The Injun Stole My Daughter." I thought I was in for some kind of Dr. Quinn meets the Blair Witch, but no... It was a beautiful movie, visually speaking, and Ms. Cate Blanchett basically can do no wrong, but that's about all I can say about it. It wasn't bad--just bland. But I did enjoy some popcorn and Sour Patch Kids, which I love...just not together.

After the movie, I ran post-haste to the Met where I worked from 7:00 to 12:15 (LE NOZZE DI FIGARO) and then it took me a good hour to get home.

Anywho, when I got home, one of my CDs finally arrived from Amazon. No DVDs from NetFlix, but one of my CDs...the Bette Midler GYPSY. I'm actually enjoying it!

Tomorrow I must rise at the crack of noon and hie myself to the home of my wonderful boss from the Met. He and his wife are taking me in for the holiday and feeding me what promises to be a wonderful meal. I'm excited to eat real food, but a little nervous about being the only non-family member at their holiday celebration. I'm afraid I'll feel very out of place. Oh, well...I'll do my best to enjoy myself and try not to think about my entire family gathering back home...all 75 of them.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2003, 10:44:32 PM »

As if it weren't already so, the Macy's Parade will be must watch TV tomorrow, as Mr. Harvey Fierstein--in the persona of Edna Turnblad--will be appearing as Mrs. Santa Claus.

For Mr. Fierstein's thoughts on this momentous occasion, click on this link to his op-ed column, which appeared in Wednesday's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/26/opinion/26FIER.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 10:58:54 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2003, 10:48:09 PM »

I am quite certain that within the next forty-five minutes we will reach the amazing 9000 post mark.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2003, 11:01:43 PM »

Yes, I feel confidant that one of our board browsers will post and help us push us over the 9000 mark, oh, yes, I feel confidant that our board browsers won't just sit there for the next hour like so much fish.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2003, 11:06:17 PM »

Actually, this board browser is going to bed, where I will lay (or is it lie?) take a supine position, like so much fish.  That is, of course, assuming fish can take a supine position.

And with that, Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2003, 11:27:32 PM »

Gee, I guess everyone went off to stuff their bird!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2003, 11:38:00 PM »

Must depart to cook dinner for Colin and a friendly Bear who has come to visit. Our own special Thanksgiving. Have a great day everyone.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2003, 11:38:39 PM »

There will be none of that in this house TCB.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2003, 11:54:04 PM »

It is interesting to note that Glenn Walken played Barnaby in the Detroit Cast and was replaced by Jerry Dodge. Glenn would change his name to Christopher and go onto a oscar winning film career.

The thought of Christopher Walken playing Barnaby in HELLO DOLLY will probably give me nightmares.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2003, 11:56:50 PM »

We have reached at least one milestone - 9000 posts

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2003, 11:58:17 PM »

Hoo and ray - we made it!  Now, on to 10,000 as fast as we can, because then I will safely be able to say that soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2003, 12:05:54 AM »

There is indeed something wacky going on. We hit 9000 posts and now I am an admin (status) and Mark is listed as a Guest?  Mark - if you're out there.. what the heck in tarnation is going on???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 12:09:31 AM by Craig »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up