Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: POACHED EGGS  (Read 48209 times)

François de Paris

Re:POACHED EGGS
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2005, 10:20:58 PM »

LOL! That is right DR Francois...and now I shall pop another Bollywood in!

It will be the 1949 melodrama NAMOONA.

Boy! I'm just one year younger than this film!

Carousel is more "meaningful" I think than Oklahoma!

You swoon over Gordon? That does NOT surprise me! ;) :D

François de Paris

« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2005, 10:21:47 PM »

Namoona: Anooman, backwards!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2005, 10:29:35 PM »

Caught the bulk of WHAT'S UP DOC? playing on the local PBS station this evening.  Probably one of the favorite films of my childhood.

A funny thing though is that the things I loved about it as a kid, the car chase and all the slapstick, do not seem that funny now, but the other things about it that I didn't get as a youngster seem quite enjoyable now.

And I don't think Streisand ever looked as gorgeous.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2005, 10:32:41 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I would have posted between shows, but I ended up heading back home between shows and working out.  I had slept in this morning, and just didn't have time to get my workout in before heading in for the matinee.  Sometime during the matinee, I realized that I had a nice three and a half hour break between shows, so...

I was very glad that I got my workout in today.  -Especially since I've been "indulging" a little bit the past few days.  -I have to eat my Opening Night chocolate some time, don't I?  ;)  In any case, I was thinking that I would make today my "off" day, but I'm glad it turned out to be an "on" day.  -The next two weeks will be the real "test" with all the Christmas goodies bound to cross my proverbial path.  -All in moderation.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2005, 10:35:59 PM »

I'm toying with the idea of heading up to NYC either tomorrow night after the show or sometime Monday morning.  I don't have to go up for anything, but I'd like to go up.  We'll see.

Otherwise, I think I may head down to Richmond again for the day.  There are a couple of things I need to dig out of my storage unit - again - and it would be nice to get some of those things in my hand before Christmas.  -And then I'm also toying with the idea of heading up to NYC on Christmas Day.  My family mainly does Christmas Eve so...  This way, I could spend a good chunk of Sunday up there, as well as all day Monday and Tuesday morning.  Hmm...  Again, we shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2005, 10:40:33 PM »

...And, of course, today, my Secret Santa at the theatre gave me a bag of Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles - one of my favorites!  -Maybe I'll let what my scale tells me on Monday morning determine when I open that bag up.  ;)  *And last Monday, I have to say I was very happy with the numbers.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2005, 10:47:12 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Ditto

;)

However...

I have to say, I did not like "Topsy Turvy".  I actually found it quite a bore.   But that may have something to do with my less than fervent adoration of the works of Gilbert & Sullivan.  I think I was turned off by some of the "crazy" Savoyards I've come across in my travels.

Compleat Female Stage Beauty I liked a lot.  -I still need to see the film version, "Stage Beauty" that came out last year.

Does anyone recall a movie that dealt with a group of unlikely people - perhaps an insane asylum - putting on a production of Mozart's "Cosi fan tutte"?  I remember seeing a preview for this movie, but I never got to see it.  And I can't remember the title.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2005, 10:49:21 PM »

Well... Another matinee in twelve hours, and I really do want to get my morning workout done in the morning, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2005, 10:50:15 PM »

BK - Hope you had a good time at The Gardenia with Ms. Purl.  -And that the food was good too.

*Is The Gardenia that club on Santa Monica just a few blocks from the Hudson?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2005, 11:17:21 PM »

Yes, that's the Gardenia, very close to the Hudson.

Miss Purl was in fine voice and was sexy and beautiful.  My intention is to not keep much of what she did tonight (and has been doing forever), maybe twenty percent tops.  I really want to start from pretty much scratch.  She's wonderful, though.  Interesting folks in attendance - Carole Cook and hubs Tom Troupe, Ann Turkel (sitting next to Miss Barbara Deutsch and I, and looking quite beautiful), Stephen Bishop, Tom Bosley, and others.  The sidemen were my very own sidemen from our benefit, so it was nice to see them on bass and drums.  

Jed

« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2005, 11:33:23 PM »

Glad the music arrived, Vixmom!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2005, 11:35:10 PM »

All week, when I look in the digital cable TV guide, I see a listing for "TCB's Nutcracker."  Who knew the contents of Larry's VCR had made it to basic cable out here?
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2005, 12:07:39 AM »

DR Jose.  "Cosi" is the movie - Australian of course! Toni Collete was in it.

"Stage Beauty"  For m ea good movie almost ruined by the heavy-handed score!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up