Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DIABOLICAL GLEE  (Read 53478 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:DIABOLICAL GLEE
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »

Lipstick lesbians don't like Old Spice. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2005, 03:02:14 PM »

Lipstick lesbians don't like Old Spice. ;)

Now, that's[/i] the name of my next novel! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2005, 03:12:01 PM »

Congrats on your new ride, DR JRand!  And how very smart to buy a car that matched your outfit!

Thanks for noticing!  You & DR VIXMOM.  It's a Virgo thing, ya know.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2005, 03:13:34 PM »

Congrats to DR JASON on his Hike to Queens.

I like that title, too.

The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

My Hike to Queens w/soundtrack by ABBA

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2005, 03:18:53 PM »

And speaking of that, the actor who played Mark Herron was simply amazing-looking. I'm sure I've seen him guest-star on other shows, but he was really a knockout.

Something Herron, himself, never was...not for a single moment in his life.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2005, 03:22:40 PM »

I bought some new Dr Scholl's shoes too, so I can be gellin'.....like Magellan.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2005, 03:23:10 PM »

Something Herron, himself, never was...not for a single moment in his life.

But he was TALL!  8)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2005, 03:23:58 PM »

My Christmas is set, and I am doomed.

On Sunday, we (der Brucer and myself) shall trek to the home of his daughter, where we will be treated to a standing rib roast.

While the idea of how she can ruin a standing rib roast is frightening enough, she has also invited her hubby's parents to dine.

We have met them, of course, but she and her hubby have been very careful so far as to not explain to his parents what my relationship is with the family.  This doesn't bother me in the slightest; while they may be rednecks I have found that such are far more aware of what is going on than often given credit for being.

No, the doom is that daughter and son-in-law will insist that no hint of discussion of my relationship to the family be made.  As a result, all at the table will be quite uncomfortable, nerves will fray...

And daughter has this terrible habit of shreiking at the top of her lungs when her nerves have frayed.

As I stated earlier, I am doomed.

Is there any way you could slip her a mickey?  Or a valium?

Or...maybe some super-strong egg nog...force-fed?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2005, 03:26:01 PM »

well...taller than Judy anyway.  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2005, 03:27:27 PM »

True Select Comfort Story:  I was taking the kids to the mall one day and there were these two people in a VERY heated argument outside.  They actually began fist-fighting each other--a man and a woman!!  (I should mention they were fighting as they were both smoking cigarettes, or at least attempting to (you would think they would have just thrown the damn things down so that they could properly fight)--your first clew as to their general comportment).    I kind of hustled the kids to the side to get around them but I noticed they were both wearing Select Comfort shirts and as we ran by them I heard they were arguing about how one of them had been treating a customer!!  So anyway the kids were pretty flipped out and I wasn't too happy about it, so I managed to find the phone number for the guard of the mall and got through to him and started to tell him, at which point he said, "Is this about the Select Comfort employees?  We've already received 5 or 6 calls about it!"  So it had evidently been going on for some time before we even got there!

Neither has probably had a decent night's sleep in ages.  I'm guessing they just sell the beds...and don't own one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2005, 03:30:05 PM »

DR GEORGE - you REALLY have to be lucky to win the lottery without buying a ticket!  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2005, 03:32:40 PM »

DR Pogue:  So far so good, then, on the issue of cold.

Of course, when it's minus-15 and three feet of snow is on the ground, I imagine Tewkes is going to give you a funny look when you introduce him to his walkies.

:D

More power to you.  I'm a four-seasons kind of person, too...sort of.  It's fun to visit right now.  Not sure I'd like to deal with ice and snow in an area like the one I'm visiting right now...they have no ice removal procedures and few, if any, know how to drive in the stuff.

I used to enjoy driving around Indianapolis in the snow...and I got huge kicks out of the morons who tried to pretend they knew what they were doing when matching/exceeding speed limits.  I saw so many of them go down in humiliation...off the road, up against walls and into ditches.  

It does get old, however, getting up to go to work and finding you have about 30 minutes worth of ice removal to do on your car (if you are not lucky enough to have a garage), and then find you have to shovel your way out of your drive because the plows have already been through and you have a three-foot barrier or dirty snow blocking your drive.

But enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2005, 03:37:56 PM »

I will now watch a movie or two sent me by DR MBARNUM.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2005, 03:39:03 PM »

I used to enjoy driving around Indianapolis in the snow...and I got huge kicks out of the morons who tried to pretend they knew what they were doing when matching/exceeding speed limits.  I saw so many of them go down in humiliation...off the road, up against walls and into ditches.  

It does get old, however, getting up to go to work and finding you have about 30 minutes worth of ice removal to do on your car (if you are not lucky enough to have a garage), and then find you have to shovel your way out of your drive because the plows have already been through and you have a three-foot barrier or dirty snow blocking your drive.

Nothing has changed....nothing....  8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2005, 03:40:54 PM »

I'm here, I'm here.  I don't know what happened to my morning and then afternoon - I got an e from elmore telling me of the site problems, then the phone started ringing, the e-mails started flying and this is the first time I've had a chance to log on!  Everything seems fine now - can someone tell me how long the site was down so I can create a paper trail with our host?

Baby, It's Cold Outside is indeed Karen Morrow and Charles Nelson Reilly.  I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm is Vicki Lewis.  And the orchestrations are Lanny Meyers.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2005, 04:12:24 PM »

Lesbians like Old Spice, don't they?

Well that explains it, then--I wear Old Spice, and it's obviously because I'm a lesbian.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2005, 04:13:17 PM »

DR GEORGE - you REALLY have to be lucky to win the lottery without buying a ticket!  

Yup.  I'll admit that that's my problem...I don't buy any. ;)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »

Is there any way you could slip her a mickey?  Or a valium?

Or...maybe some super-strong egg nog...force-fed?

Ooh, you should crush up valium and slip it into her drink! Of course this is TPunk the irritable new yorker speaking and not Antonia the therapist  ;D

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2005, 04:24:48 PM »

With Rodzinski out for the evening, I am going to watch Alias "live" so to speak and tape Project Runway so that we can watch it together later.  Unless he can watch PR at his friend's house in which case we can "watch" it over the phone together.

Are there any other fans of the show out there?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2005, 04:25:43 PM »

Oh, and on the TOD: I, like DR Elmore, have repressed all memories of lousy christmas gifts (and christamases)  It's amazing what a glass of red wine and a little denial can do for you!

George

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2005, 04:32:07 PM »

Denial is not just a river in Egypt! ;)

Danise

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2005, 04:33:37 PM »

Hi folks.

I’m sorry to have to make this short but I’m not feeling the best as I type this and plan on going to bed very shortly.  As soon as this is posted, in fact.  My health problems just seem to keep on coming.  

I seem to get one problem to settle down only to have another rear its ugly head.  All these problems have my immune system so weak that I’ve caught a very nasty bug on top of everything else and I can’t take time off from work because I have to save it for the surgery.  Right now I’m wheezing and can barely talk but I still have to get up and go to work in the morning.  

I crawl through the day, sleep on the bus ride to/from home, make it in the door, make some kind of dinner and then I go straight to bed.  

I just wanted to say thank you to for the cards and gifts and I’m so sorry I haven’t sent personal thank yous.   I will as soon as I can.  Trust you are in my thoughts and wish every one of you a very happy and special Holiday—as soon as I can catch a break and get my strength back I will start posting again.  I promise to post on Christmas Eve and Day.  

Vibes and every good wish to those who need them.  STAY WARM!!

Laters.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2005, 04:36:14 PM »

Danise, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.  Take care of yourself!  Get well vibes to you~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2005, 04:36:17 PM »

Denial is not just a river in Egypt! ;)

I thought Cleopatra was the queen of denial.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DR DANISE, GOOD HEALTH VIBES FOR NOW AND THE FUTURE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2005, 04:42:13 PM »

Well it's not as exciting as DR CILLA LIZ buying a house, BUT I bought a new car today.  I had my Pontiac Grand Am for MANY years (if you are thinking about it, don't buy a Pontiac)....

So here I am....it's not as lovely as the NEW BLUE car that DR MBARNUM bought, and it is not a 1958 Imperial like Allison drove in Attack of the 50 Foot Woman but it is:

CONGRATS! I think a new car is wonderfully exciting.  ENJOY!  

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:51 PM »

Good vibes of feeling better to DR Danise!

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »

DR DANISE, I hope you feel better soon. Good Health Vibes to you.

George

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2005, 04:54:39 PM »

~~~ BEST HEALTH VIBES FOR DR DANISE!! ~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2005, 04:58:10 PM »

No real house news today. We are starting to negotiate which is a good sign and I am pleased with how it is going so far. More when I know more.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up