Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT  (Read 52278 times)

François de Paris

Re:FEELING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2005, 06:43:03 PM »

Pedro the Fisherman charged with theft in July.  I think it was Bass steal day.

VERY GOOD! (Even if I think there's something fishy about that pun!)

Dame Julie (Her again!!) cut that song on one of her very early recordings in the '50s with orchestra conducted by Irwin Kostal!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 06:43:48 PM by François »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2005, 06:45:20 PM »

Good Evening!

<burp>

Back from my brother's house.  It was quite the dinner.  My brother had planned to serve a pork shoulder that he was cooking in the crock pot, but since did not put the pork shoulder in the crockpot until around 4:00, and it needs to cook for at least 8 hours... Well...  *He had fallen asleep on the couch watching football... ;)

Thankfully, my Mom brought over some food, and Veronica remembered that she had brought back some pasteles from their last trip back home to Puerto Rico.  They were pretty darn good, and very(!) filling.  They were sort of like tamales, but instead of using corn masa for the "outside", they used green plantains and other starchy root vegetables.  She had pork and chicken ones, and they were made by her grandmother.

...And I guess they'll be having the pork shoulder for their meals this week.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2005, 06:45:25 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE (all night):
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2005, 06:46:02 PM »

BASTILLE MY HEART - that's the title of my next revolting musical (or at least musical about revolting)

Michael

« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2005, 06:46:24 PM »

Just came home from spending the day with my extended family here in Florida. Wonderful time. Wonderful gifts exhange and more food than anyone can eat. Some pics to come.
Never stop dreaming.

François de Paris

« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2005, 06:46:35 PM »

Of course this was the woman who changed her name from AIMEE to FINI when she married Albert.

Does that mean she's completely FINIe?
You mean Aimée married an English Teacher? I thought it was Chita! ;)

Michael

« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2005, 06:46:48 PM »

Penny O looks fabulous and radiant.
Never stop dreaming.

François de Paris

« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2005, 06:50:14 PM »

BASTILLE MY HEART - that's the title of my next revolting musical (or at least musical about revolting)

Excellent!
If Larry had written the lyrics it would be Bastille My Hart!

François de Paris

« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2005, 06:51:38 PM »

Penny O looks fabulous and radiant.

... and not necessarily in that order! ;)

(Better than looking rabulous and fadiant! ???)

François de Paris

« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2005, 06:57:21 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2005, 07:23:02 PM »

I did go to see THE PRODUCERS, which I loved.  It's almost a verbatim vision of the stage show, which I adored, and I had a great time.  I saw several friends in it:  Patrick Brady is seen briefly as the conductor of "Springtime for Hitler," Debra Monk, Brent Barrett, Jai Rodriguez are all quite funny, and there's a great shot of Karen Ziemba at the end of the opening number.  Other guest stars include John Barrowman, David Huddleston, Jon Lovitz, Michael McKean, and the cast credits at the end are a virtual who's who of the current Broadway scene.  Also, when you go, stay till the very end of the credits!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2005, 07:36:49 PM »

I did go to see THE PRODUCERS, which I loved.  It's almost a verbatim vision of the stage show, which I adored, and I had a great time.  I saw several friends in it:  Patrick Brady is seen briefly as the conductor of "Springtime for Hitler," Debra Monk, Brent Barrett, Jai Rodriguez are all quite funny, and there's a great shot of Karen Ziemba at the end of the opening number.  Other guest stars include John Barrowman, David Huddleston, Jon Lovitz, Michael McKean, and the cast credits at the end are a virtual who's who of the current Broadway scene.  Also, when you go, stay till the very end of the credits!!!!

I'm actually pondering going to see a midnight showing tonight.  A couple of the Damn Yankees crew is in the movie - our Lola, Meg Gillentine, opens the movie as one of the usherettes.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2005, 07:44:02 PM »

I'm actually pondering going to see a midnight showing tonight.  A couple of the Damn Yankees crew is in the movie - our Lola, Meg Gillentine, opens the movie as one of the usherettes.  We shall see...

Go!  It's fantastic!  You'll have a great time.  I'm thinking about going back tomorrow night.  It's the most faithful film of a stage show since probably THE MUSC MAN.  Stroman let's the camera stand back a lot of the time to capture the dancing and there's not all that MOULIN ROUGE idiocy during the choreography.  According to the IMDB, George Dvorsky, Judy Kaye and a lot of other friends are in it, so that's a reason to go back.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2005, 08:03:12 PM »

I finished WHITE CHRISTMAS and enjoyed it just as much as always. I've always wanted a scene where the Mary Wickes character apologizes to Betty and Bob for her misunderstood eavesdropping that led to all the trouble.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2005, 08:04:45 PM »

I'll certainly be seeing THE PRODUCERS at some point this week.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »

After I finished WHITE CHRISTMAS, I watched the Biography of Angela Lansbury recorded off the Biography Channel a few nights ago. They had updated the end of the show to reflect Peter Shaw's death but with an announcer not Peter Graves (who did the narration of the original broadcast).

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2005, 08:08:20 PM »

I watched a rerun of LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT since this was a repeat of the first episode that Chris Noth and Annabella Sciorra co-starred in. I stuck with it to the end even though I did remember the ending.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »

I had some laundry that needed folding and putting away, so I postponed watching any of the Shirley Temple films that I had recorded today.

Tomorrow, I will burn a DVD of THE BLUE BIRD as I watch it again. Then, I may watch POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL and burn a DVD of it, too.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2005, 08:18:55 PM »

Go!  It's fantastic!  You'll have a great time.  I'm thinking about going back tomorrow night.  It's the most faithful film of a stage show since probably THE MUSC MAN.  Stroman let's the camera stand back a lot of the time to capture the dancing and there's not all that MOULIN ROUGE idiocy during the choreography.  According to the IMDB, George Dvorsky, Judy Kaye and a lot of other friends are in it, so that's a reason to go back.

I've read a couple of reviews for the "The Producers" that didn't like it because it was so faithful to the stage show.  One review said something like the only thing missing was the proscenium.  I think that I'll like it. :)

So, yesterday, my niece gave me a free ticket coupon for the brand new local 16-screen movie theater.  "The Producers" is playing tonight at 10:25.  I think I'll go see it with the free coupon!  I'm house-sitting so I can go to the house after the movie.  Tomorrow morning, my sister, niece and I are going to see "King Kong."  Since it's the first showing, it's cheaper than the evening shows, so I'll pay cash for that.  That's the plan. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2005, 08:34:10 PM »

Here's The Silver Fox, PennyO, and Panni.
Goodness gracious, PennyO looks FANTASTIC!  (So does Panni, but it's PennyO who has the new look.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2005, 08:46:25 PM »

So... After spending a couple of years in Richmond, I have to wonder what DR SWW will be serving his ham on... White House Rolls?  Beaten Biscuits?  Wonder Bread?  Parker House Rolls?

;)

...And there better be some Duke's Mayo on the side.  And just Duke's!  Well, Sauer's will do in a pinch too.

-Although, I do like cornichons with my ham biscuits from time to time.   ...And maybe some butter too.  Salted, of course.
Wouldn't salted butter be redundant?

I'm still working on what we'll be using the ham with, but it's certain to be yummilicious.  As for the Christmas dinner at my out-of-stepdaughter's, it was (appropriately) served with various cheeses and crackers during the pre-table appetizers, and was appreciated by all.

The screaming during our visit was predictable, of course.  

And Santa didn't give me ear-plugs.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: December 25, 2005, 08:54:20 PM »

Wouldn't salted butter be redundant?

Yes.  But it's supposed to be that way.  It is the South after all.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: December 25, 2005, 08:56:23 PM »

Heading downstairs now for bed.

Good night, all!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: December 25, 2005, 08:56:52 PM »

...And I think I'm going to pass on the last showing of "The Producers"... I have a strong feeling that I'll probably fall asleep in the middle of it no matter how much I'm enjoying it.  Besides, I think the Damn Yankees team will be getting together this week to catch a matinee.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2005, 09:00:10 PM »

Can't we keep SOMETHING ELSE burning for a change?! ;)
Just think of them as pommes frites.

François de Paris

« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2005, 10:12:02 PM »

Just think of them as pommes frites.

Too close to home (fries!) I'm afraid! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2005, 10:12:51 PM »

Hello, Jason!

Como esta usted?

Happy  holidays to you!

François de Paris

« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2005, 10:13:43 PM »

Jason's gone already! Oh well!

Hasta la vista! Hasta la proxima vez!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2005, 10:19:18 PM »

Back from a lovely Christmas dinner with Mr. Nick Redman.  I, too, saw The Producers - unfortunately, my reaction is the polar opposite of elmore, and I'll be telling you why in tomorrow's notes.  And that, of course, is what makes horse racing.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2005, 10:55:08 PM »

Christmas wishes to all!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up