Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO 2006  (Read 58429 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:COUNTDOWN TO 2006
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2005, 11:40:17 AM »

If you ever belonged DR JMK - you still do.  It's a lot like Scientology that way....LOL.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »

Page Five Thoth Dance - as I try to imagine DR JMK being hippie-fied.  :o

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2005, 12:01:06 PM »

Page Five Thoth Dance - as I try to imagine DR JMK being hippie-fied.  :o

I'll try to find a picture--then again, maybe I won't.  But I did live in the Haight right next door to the Grateful Dead house and I can tell you first-hand the stories about the bathtub are true.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2005, 12:15:16 PM »

My baby niece Megan will be coming over to receive the rest of her presents tonight.  Her parents have decided they'd like to have steak.  So I will be trying out my new grillpan.

This recipe below sounds awesome.  Although I do not think that I will try it tonight.  One lady mentioned it might create a lot of smoke.  And I have a smoke detector/alarm that is trigger happy.

The only thing I am not sure about is the fact that I have to make 4 steaks.  I'm assuming I have to do them one by one?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_99,00.html
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:15:43 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2005, 12:16:30 PM »

Oh and The Closer is not about a psychic/medium, it's about a police detective who is fantastic at closing cases.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2005, 12:23:30 PM »

Btw, for anyone interested the Kennedy Center Honors are on tonight on CBS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2005, 12:27:13 PM »

Oh and The Closer is not about a psychic/medium, it's about a police detective who is fantastic at closing cases.

LOL....everything seems the same to me from the promos...LOL.   ::)

I take it back.  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2005, 12:28:21 PM »

My baby niece Megan will be coming over to receive the rest of her presents tonight.  Her parents have decided they'd like to have steak.  So I will be trying out my new grillpan.

This recipe below sounds awesome.  Although I do not think that I will try it tonight.  One lady mentioned it might create a lot of smoke.  And I have a smoke detector/alarm that is trigger happy.

The only thing I am not sure about is the fact that I have to make 4 steaks.  I'm assuming I have to do them one by one?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_99,00.html

That recipe is a good basic one for preparing steaks inside - as opposed to outside on a grill.  For a properly cooked steak, it must first be seared on the outside - which requires high heat - and then cooked to desired doneness at a lower temp.  On a grill, you just put the steak over the hot coals/burner element, then just move it to a cooler place on the grill once it is seared and all the good stuff is sealed inside.

As for smoke...  Well, it is a grill pan.  Grilling usually means smoke.  I'd suggest opening a window if possible, or disconnecting the battery while cooking - and making sure to re-connect it after your done cooking.

*Which brings back very fond memories of my very first Chicago steakhouse steak.  It had a wonderful char on the outside - not burnt, but it had a nice 'crunch' to it.  And then it was a perfect medium rare inside.  YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2005, 12:32:38 PM »

I know a lot of you got gift cards for Christmas.  I saw something on the news that might interest you.  They said that some of them lose value if you hold on to them.  

Interesting since I still have a Barnes and Noble gift card left over from last year.  I should go to the web site and buy something before it expires.

I have never NOT used a gift card quickly...I always get something as soon as I can. ;) Why wait until tomorrow if I can get it today??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2005, 12:36:46 PM »

Speaking of cabbages and kings, FSM has just released John Barry's soundtrack to the musical version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, with the exquisite lyrical brilliance of Don Black.  (Well, if Alice can go to Wonderland, so can I.   ;D).

I bought this DVD not too long ago.  It's not remastered in any way and looks like it's a public domain copy of a video, but it's watchable...although, I haven't watched it yet.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2005, 12:37:10 PM »

And there was a great article in The Washington Post about how the broadcast is put together.  And there's even a very brief mention of the retake they had to do this after the ceremony was done due to a problem with Beyonce's microphone during Tina Turner's segment.

*But a few weeks ago, the Post covered the whole mini-faux-scandal - Tina Turner was gracious enough to stay after the ceremony was done for the retake, and sit in her box and clap for the cameras - as did most of the people in her party.  Including Oprah Winfrey.  Well... Guess who's table a the post-ceremony dinner remained empty?... Ms. Turner took Beyonce and her entourage, including Ms. Winfrey, to a place in Georgetown as a personal Thank You.  ;)

In any case...

The Honors, Take 2
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:38:26 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2005, 12:37:15 PM »

I have never NOT used a gift card quickly...I always get something as soon as I can. ;) Why wait until tomorrow if I can get it today??

That's my new philosophy!  8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2005, 12:41:55 PM »

I tend to use my gift cards up pretty quickly too.  -And if I don't, I usually end up kicking my proverbial self for not using it after I had just made a purchase using my "own" cash/credit card.  Doh!

;)

If anything, I think of it as just putting my friend's gift to me to good use in a timely manner.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2005, 12:50:48 PM »

Well....taking soon to be EX brother-in-law Jason to the airport in the morning.  He is moving to Arkansas.

As long as he is happy, that's okay.  My sister Molly is happy, too, she says.  So that's okay.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »

Dos anyone here watch General Hospital?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2005, 12:54:15 PM »

I don't want to know anything about the bathtub of the Grateful Dead?

George

« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2005, 12:57:03 PM »

I got a $50 Costco cash card for Christmas and I've already used it.  I got gas this morning for $2.069/gallon!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2005, 01:04:19 PM »

Thanks once again, Matt.  Wouldn't you know I bought what was on sale--50 of the plus for $14.95.   :-\   I guess I'll have to get some minus blanks.

Have you said what brand of DVD recorder you got, DR Danise? Just curious. I know many of the new models record on both DVD-R and DVD+R. Mine will only record DVD-R of those two formats.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2005, 01:08:52 PM »

After I got in from a long lunch, I watched CSI: MIAMI which I recorded on the DVR last night. It was an episode from this season, and I remembered it fairly well. I didn't recall one aspect of the ending which is why I watched it all. Well, that, and the fact that the show is so overwhelmingly gorgeous in high definition.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2005, 01:11:33 PM »

After that was done, I watched the first hour of STOWAWAY, long enough to watch Shirley do her impressions and sing "You've Got To S-M-I-L-E." Alice Faye is in this one, too, and has already reprised "Goodnight, My Love" after SHirley got to sing it first.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2005, 01:14:01 PM »

All you DR who watch Medium, The Closer, and The Ghost Whisperer be sure to stop by the World of Wisdom when you are in Indiana - we have some nice merchandise for you.  

You, too, can be a medium, a closer, or a ghost whisperer!

Ha!  I can be all three--I still have my sister's Kreskin ESP game:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2005, 01:14:06 PM »

So, tonight, I'll finish up STOWAWAY (lots of print damage on this one; looks pretty bad and is probably not high on the list for DVD transfer). Afterwards, I'll probably watch another CSI: NY from the DVD boxed set, and then probably the HOUSE rerun (which was this season's premiere episode) followed by THE CLOSER.

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2005, 01:16:09 PM »

The only TV show I've bothered with much is UK show "Teachers'. I think it is now in its third series.
We've yet to see the final seasons of "Six Feet Under" and "Carnivale" here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2005, 01:18:50 PM »

Wow! It's 61 degrees here right now. I didn't wear a jacket when I went out to lunch, but I had no idea it was that warm! Amazing.

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2005, 01:21:34 PM »

Have a terrific Tuesday, all.

I plan on being most rested and well-napped.

I watched "The Odessa File" on TCM this morning.  I am most thankful Andrew Lloyd Webber did not attempt a career at film music composition. There is a nice-ish song, called "Christmas Dreams", sung over the title by Perry Como.  The remainder of Lloyd Webber's "score" is inconsequential muttering.
I quite like the Tim Rice /ALW  "Christmas Dream".  One of the other "Odessa File" themes resurfaced in "Sunset Boulevard"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2005, 01:22:25 PM »

I'll be watching it.  I'm particularly looking forward to the tributes to Suzanne Farrell and Julie Harris.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2005, 01:26:36 PM »

Dos anyone here watch General Hospital?

Have Luke and Laura found the Ice Princess yet?  I'll bet that Emma Lutz still has it in her clutches.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 01:29:16 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2005, 01:34:24 PM »

I am currently listening to The McGarrigle Christmas Hour CD featuring Kate and Anna McGarrigle.  I didn't care for the first few tracks but it's now growing on me.  It's very low key and sweet.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2005, 01:40:50 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Ah!  I believe I'm actually getting thinner.  Or at least burning up some calories.  Well, I know I'm sweating a lot.  So...

Hmmm...

I need to run a few errands before tonight's show. Welcome back, everyone!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2005, 01:41:17 PM »

Then we headed home and watched The Polar Express which was visually sumptious but otherwise a vacuum.

I'm with you there.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up