Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR MY HAIR BECAME GRAYER  (Read 77056 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE YEAR MY HAIR BECAME GRAYER
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2005, 04:55:49 PM »

There is a musical version of "The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe".  I think it opened about 4 years ago.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2005, 04:57:34 PM »

Sunny weather vibes to DR JANE....The sun'll come out tomorrow....

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2005, 04:57:58 PM »

No that's even too cheery for me...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:58:27 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2005, 04:59:04 PM »

So Good weather vibes does soung good

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2005, 05:01:28 PM »

Dateline is doing Death in the Heartland. I think anyway, now it seems different. Anyway, the trial sequences will be in the Woodbury County Courthouse in Sioux City.  It's a great building and a great example of the Prairie Style. It has stained glass, great murals, sculptures etc.  It's truly a workof art.

Now they are doing something about a baby being snatched in Des Moines, so I'm not sure if it's tonight or not

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2005, 05:01:29 PM »

I hate to say I'm glad to say the dinner party I was invited to this evening fell through, but I'm really glad it fell through.  Another night of staying home and doing whatever I do or don't want to do just sounds delightful.

The dinner we planned to attend tonight did not fall through, we did.  It is scary enough driving our road in the daylight-no way, except for an emergency are we driving it at night.  I even picked up some milk while I was out today, just in case we are stranded the next few days.

Keith is so sweet-he was really happy to see me drive up the road and know I was safely home. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2005, 05:03:38 PM »

Glad you are home and safe. I do wish you dry weather.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2005, 05:05:44 PM »

François I heard there is talk about a remake of THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  I pray it is just a rumor.  

Oh, I missed all your posts while I was catching up.  Tea sounds very nice. :)  It would go well with all the wine I just had.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2005, 05:08:42 PM »

Today, a bunch of us went to lunch as a send-off for our business manager, whose position is one of the six in our library system that's been eliminated.  Actually, the job description is being substantially rewritten, so they've essentially created an entirely new postion.  

Anyway, we went to a local Chinese buffet place and we all got fortune cookies.  Mine said, "You will step on the soil of many countries."  Okay.  I've stepped on the soil (or at least, the sidewalks) of four, so far:  US, Germany, Canada and London.  Any guesses on how many more countries whose soil I will step on?? :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2005, 05:09:28 PM »

Oh, please; don't "spoil" her!
We need the WATER! We can't live without it! We can't!

;D

George, we do want dry weather-for now anyway. :)  George I think we have had more rain than you.

George and Cillaliz, thank you.  Unfortunately we have two more days of steady rain predicted.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »

;D

George, we do want dry weather-for now anyway. :)  George I think we have had more rain than you.

George and Cillaliz, thank you.  Unfortunately we have two more days of steady rain predicted.

And weathermen are never wrong?!?

François de Paris

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2005, 05:16:02 PM »

François I heard there is talk about a remake of THE SOUND OF MUSIC.

And the kids will be played by seven dwarfs with names like Sleepy, Dopey, etc... and the music will be by Andrew L.W. or Elton!

Plain good ideas!

I can't wait to see that!

AND, as Dame Julie herself recently suggested (It's not good to age!!) "Cameron Diaz would be a perfect choice to play Maria!"

CAMERON DIAZ!!!!!

(Let's start at the very beginning.....)

Good grief!! :'(

November 29th 2005 (www.cnn.com)
Andrews: Copter blew me over in 'Music'
LONDON, England (AP) -- At a question-and-answer session celebrating the 40th anniversary of "The Sound of Music," Julie Andrews recalled the scene in which her character, Maria, runs through the mountains singing the title song.

It wasn't as serene as it looked, the 70-year-old actress said Monday.

"I will never forget it, there was a large helicopter coming towards me through the mountains with a brave cameraman hanging out the side," she said.

"We shot the scene many times, and at the end of each take, the helicopter would circle round. The downdraft nailed me flat onto the grass, and a couple of times I bit the dust. At first it was funny, but after several times I began to get very angry."

Andrews says Cameron Diaz would be the perfect choice to play Maria if "The Sound of Music" is ever remade.

Andrews starred in the best-picture Academy Award winner about a nun who leaves the convent behind to wed an Austrian widower (Christopher Plummer) and spread the "Do-Re-Mi" spirit to his seven kids.

Andrews, who has given up musical roles because of throat problems, said: "I miss singing very, very much, but the best thing is I have never been busier."

She will voice Queen Lillian in the upcoming "Shrek 3" movie. Diaz will voice Princess Fiona.

Diaz's screen credits also include roles in "There's Something About Mary," "Being John Malkovich" and two "Charlie's Angels" films.

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »

Today my "new" Brumberger Stereo photo viewer arrived. I got it on eBay.  I have ordered the mounts for the slides, have discovered the local camera shop will process the film and not cut or mount it so I can do that myself, and I have the directions for doing just that.

Now all I need is a sunny day to go out and shoot some slides.  I also need to read up on the camera a little more, but I found the owners manual on the internet, so I'm all ready to go.

Wow, Cillaliz! What a fun item...too bad you didin't have it earlier so that you could have taken 3-D shots of the HHW get-together!! We would have all looked so real! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2005, 05:29:35 PM »

Today, a bunch of us went to lunch as a send-off for our business manager, whose position is one of the six in our library system that's been eliminated.  Actually, the job description is being substantially rewritten, so they've essentially created an entirely new postion.  

Anyway, we went to a local Chinese buffet place and we all got fortune cookies.  Mine said, "You will step on the soil of many countries."  Okay.  I've stepped on the soil (or at least, the sidewalks) of four, so far:  US, Germany, Canada and London.  Any guesses on how many more countries whose soil I will step on?? :)

George; London is not a country! If they told you so there, they're WRONG! :D

(Go ahead; hate me!! ;D)

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2005, 05:32:10 PM »

DR Jane is has been raining LOTS up here too! Although none of MY neighborhood has washed away, yet! LOL!

I would also be pleased to see an end to all the wetness for awhile.  :P

Jane

« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2005, 05:36:33 PM »

Sure, more water. ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2005, 05:37:30 PM »

Actually, THE SOUND OF MUSIC is itself a remake...of DIE TRAPP FAMILIE, a 1956 German musical romance that was quite a big money-maker and was even released in America.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 05:40:33 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2005, 05:39:39 PM »

MBarnum I fear if the rain doesn’t stop soon a few of our neighbors will wash away.  Some of them don’t look too good right now.

I was wondering how it is your way.  We haven’t spoken to Bryan since Christmas.  I’m sure he has been busy with the after Holiday rush and sleeping in his free time.

George

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2005, 05:41:38 PM »

George; London is not a country! If they told you so there, they're WRONG! :D

(Go ahead; hate me!! ;D)

Ooops!  My bad. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2005, 05:51:48 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work!  I'll eventually get home, but not right away.  A little shopping must be done.  Until then. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2005, 05:53:52 PM »

I had to write an e-mail.  A very strong e-mail.  It took me twenty-five mintues to write.  I was adding a cc to the address and AOL crashed.  Just like that.  And I lost the e-mail.  Might I just say I HATE STUPID SCUM-SUCKING BUTT CHEEK AOL!  AOL is RIDICULOUS and I have HAD IT.  I do believe a New Year's resolution will be to rid myself of the amateur, hideous, creepy, inept AOL.  I've had it since I've been on the computer, for nine years or so.  I've kept it just for e-mail, really.  But, I'm about to send out mass e-mails with new e-mail addresses, because I just cannot stand it any longer.  Three or four times a day, when I switch screen names, I get a pop-up window that says certain functions of the AOL browser didn't connect properly and that it could affect my address books and e-mail functions.  I then have to quit AOL, and it takes four or five times to get back on without getting that pop-up window.  I know if I call them, I'll get some cretin in India who will tell me to do things that are NOT RIGHT, NOT GOOD, and INCORRECT.  I am hopping mad right now.

However, shortly I shall have to leave to go to the theater.  The theater is who got the strong e-mail, because they are being complete jerks right now.  When we had our initial meeting with them, certain things were said, and the stories have now changed so many times I don't even know what book I'm reading anymore.  And, unfortunately, I was not there when the contract was signed - it was merely thrust in front of Tammy along with a pen, and she just gave it a cursory glance, mostly just at the dates, and signed it.  Well, the contract says different things that were stated to us and agreed upon at that meeting.  I'm afraid they are not going to want to be around me if these things aren't changed back to the way we all remember them.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to be a rather miserable person to deal with unless their self-avowed "helpful" attitude returns, because they are being anything BUT helpful.  They've been paid in full, and I won't have them treat us as if we're some naughty children or as if we were some loser waiver theater production.  They lobbied to get us, told us how helpful they'd be, and made certain promises.  Those promises have been forgotten and are not, sadly, reflected in the contract.  If they want to play hardball, then they may do so - but I can tell you they won't be happy about it in the end.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2005, 05:54:34 PM »

While “The Sound of Music” broke box-office records in 1965 all over the world, it flopped miserably in Germany and Austria, still faithful to “Die Trapp Familie”

And there was a sequel in 1958, Die Trapp-Familie in Amerika

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

Callie's response to a possible remake of The Sound of Music

Jane

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2005, 06:23:13 PM »

ROTFLMAO

Jane

« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2005, 06:29:10 PM »

I can't find “Die Trapp Familie” on NetFlix.

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2005, 06:32:59 PM »

What I usually see when I look at my laptop screen

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2005, 06:36:29 PM »

[size=20]I AM ROYALLY P*SS#D OFF!!!!![/size]

For dinner, I thawed a couple of chicken breasts, then poached them in some water (out of broth).  I covered them in a bowl with some foil, to keep them warm, and used the poaching liquid to cook some rice, heavily greened with parsley.  Pot two, some carrots glazing away in some wine and chives.  Pot three, a pint of blackberries we've had on sale, with some salt and sugar and liquid, reduced down to a syrup and then mashing the berries into a rough puree, to be served with the breasts.

I leave the kitchen.

I return to the kitchen.

Fletcher, the only dog large enough to raid the kitchen table, has pulled down the bowl with the chicken breasts and devoured them.

Fletcher is now in his cage, and complaining about how he's being treated.  I don't care.  That was our last pair of breasts in the freezer, and I now have to quick-thaw and substitute a couple of pork loin chops.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

This cook is not a happy camper tonight.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2005, 06:39:32 PM »

I can't really say I feel your pain, BK, but I appreciate where you're coming from right now.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2005, 06:39:34 PM »

That was our last pair of breasts in the freezer,

Not to make light of your situation, but this is the title of my next book.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2005, 06:40:23 PM »

It will be a true story of the time we hid a friends falsies in the beer cooler.....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up