Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR MY HAIR BECAME GRAYER  (Read 76876 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE YEAR MY HAIR BECAME GRAYER
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2005, 08:52:45 PM »

DRGeorge, I thought BIG FISH was a wonderfully imaginative film that worked on many levels, and the cast was wonderful.

Thanks.  I'm looking forward to it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2005, 08:53:12 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 11 DANCE!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2005, 08:54:57 PM »

I did not care for "Big Fish" at all. I thought McGregor looked about as comfortable as he did in Star Wars #1. (Whatever it was called).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2005, 08:57:34 PM »

I did not care for "Big Fish" at all. I thought McGregor looked about as comfortable as he did in Star Wars #1. (Whatever it was called).

Thanks, too, Tom! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2005, 08:57:39 PM »

Has anyone seen King Kong? I'm thinking about going tomorrow afternoon, but it's sooo long....all I've heard are good things and that it's a movie you must see in the theater, so.....

I think I'm seeing it on Monday with my friend Bruce.  Tomorrow night, a group is seeing the new Judi Dench-Bob Hoskins film about the Windmill Theatre, Sunday I'm seeing something with my friend Matthew (I'm hoping CAPOTE). and Monday is KING KONG.  

And so to bed (a Pepys reference).

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2005, 08:57:51 PM »

And on that note (B-flat), I must leave.  I'm still house-and-cat-sitting (until Monday) and must get over there.  Nice Frenzy (with a capital F) everyone.  BK will be proud! ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2005, 09:03:54 PM »

The Dench film is doing well here in OZ. But then she is one hell of a popular actress in these parts.
I think Narnia outgrossed King Kong here this week (It's first week).  Mrs Henderson presents came in #3 or #4 in the box office race.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2005, 09:16:29 PM »

Have to share that moving animal story!
Not everything was that bad in 2005!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10001228/

I don't know; I must have been in the right mood when I saw BIG FISH and the last scene made me so emotional with its giving the whole film so much meaning! Then, it all makes sense!
One can tell that Tim Burton loves people! He does!

François de Paris

« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2005, 09:17:31 PM »

The Dench film is doing well here in OZ. But then she is one hell of a popular actress in these parts.
I think Narnia outgrossed King Kong here this week (It's first week).  Mrs Henderson presents came in #3 or #4 in the box office race.

Mr Bob Hoskins; a terrific underrated actor, I say!

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2005, 09:19:22 PM »

Have to share that moving animal story!
Not everything was that bad in 2005!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10001228/

I don't know; I must have been in the right mood when I saw BIG FISH and the last scene made me so emotional with its giving the whole film so much meaning! Then, it all makes sense!
One can tell that Tim Burton loves people! He does!

I love the animal story. Also having a father who is a story teller made Big Fish special to me

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2005, 09:19:43 PM »

...And "Good Behavior" Vibes to BK.  I hope everything at the El Portal gets worked out.
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2005, 09:26:09 PM »

I love the animal story. Also having a father who is a story teller made Big Fish special to me

I think I believe in reincarnation and... that dog must have been a cat in a previous life!

And that pic makes me melt!

Wish we could "do" the same with our... "enemies"! :D

FJL

« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2005, 09:30:19 PM »

Congrats on your milestone, Cillaliz.  And you earned it honestly, not like some people I could name.  :)

FJL

« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2005, 09:31:17 PM »

Vibes to BK for quick resolution of his concerns.

FJL

« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2005, 09:34:12 PM »

MBarnum, what you described regarding CD vs. DVD just happened to me yesterday.  I got what I thought was a CD, tried to play it in both of my machines, and wrote to the sender, who very patiently responded that it was a DVD.

FJL

« Reply #315 on: December 30, 2005, 09:36:01 PM »

Also, when someone said to George "Boy, George" somewhere above - was that meant to be a TABOO or CULTURE CLUB reference?

MBarnum

« Reply #316 on: December 30, 2005, 09:36:02 PM »

I interrupted my 1960s wife swapping movie to check-in.

You know for a low, low, low budget, shot in upper-state NY movie this ain't too bad!

Who knew those innocent looking couples in suburbia were having such a swinging time!

Of course it pales in comparison to those shot in color in Florida pictures like BLAZE STARR GOES NUDIST or WILD WOMEN OF WONGO.

MBarnum

« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2005, 09:37:03 PM »

MBarnum, what you described regarding CD vs. DVD just happened to me yesterday.  I got what I thought was a CD, tried to play it in both of my machines, and wrote to the sender, who very patiently responded that it was a DVD.

That happened to me with one Tomovoz sent me a few months back! LOL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #318 on: December 30, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

Congrats on your milestone, Cillaliz.  And you earned it honestly, not like some people I could name.  :)

Thanks, FJL, it wasn't nearly as entertaining as one of your frenzies, but it worked

FJL

« Reply #319 on: December 30, 2005, 09:41:25 PM »

Jose - Is Richard Adler still handsome?  His autobiography emphasizes how handsome he was back in the day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2005, 09:42:28 PM »

In all my frenzy I'm not sure I wished BK vibes for a good resolution of the El Portal situation.   So GOOD VIBES TO BK

FJL

« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2005, 09:48:21 PM »

From George Abbott's preface to Richard Adler's autibiog:

"Richard Adler is a good looking man.  He is what we used to call tall, dark and handsome.  Those of you who know him don't have to be told that but for those of you who have never seen Richard Adler it should be stated.  Such is the look of the man who is telling you about himself."

Cillaliz

« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2005, 09:53:47 PM »

That does it for me.  Night all.

FJL

« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2005, 09:54:15 PM »

Since 1031 is a very important section of the Internal Revenue Code, I will consider myself as having just passed a milestone as well.  :)

Good night, everyone (or good day, depending on where you are).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: December 30, 2005, 09:59:49 PM »

Jose - Is Richard Adler still handsome?  His autobiography emphasizes how handsome he was back in the day.

Well... Since I left the building before I knew he was in the building, I can't say.  Oh, no, I simply can't say.
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2005, 10:00:09 PM »

Nobody's perfect, right?

Oops! Forgot the  ;)!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 10:00:40 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2005, 10:02:58 PM »

Also, when someone said to George "Boy, George" somewhere above - was that meant to be a TABOO or CULTURE CLUB reference?

Well, I had the same double-take but refrained from mentioning anything!

I'm already known as "weird" here! :D ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #327 on: December 30, 2005, 10:04:29 PM »

Thanks, FJL, it wasn't nearly as entertaining as one of your frenzies, but it worked

Entertaining is in the eye of the reader, DR Cillaliz! ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2005, 10:09:54 PM »

Well, I guess this joint was jumpin' today after all.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2005, 10:10:48 PM »

Today my "new" Brumberger Stereo photo viewer arrived. I got it on eBay.  I have ordered the mounts for the slides, have discovered the local camera shop will process the film and not cut or mount it so I can do that myself, and I have the directions for doing just that.

Now all I need is a sunny day to go out and shoot some slides.  I also need to read up on the camera a little more, but I found the owners manual on the internet, so I'm all ready to go.

DR Cillaliz, your new 3D camera hobby sounds so cool!  

I always thought that Sawyer or TGF missed the boat when they didn't find a way for people to create their own View-Master reels.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up