Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I, FOR ONE  (Read 33485 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I, FOR ONE
« on: January 03, 2006, 12:12:56 AM »

Well, you, for one, have read the notes, you, for one, have gotten the drift of the notes, and now you, for one, shall madly post away until the cows, for one, come home.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:26:51 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I, FOR ONE
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:14:17 AM »

And the word of the day is: RECIPROCITY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:38:04 AM »

First Post!  Huzzah! ;)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:42:12 AM »

If I could take the HHW time machine and go back in time (and return), I'd like to go back to whenever it was that the pyramids in Egypt were built and see how they did it.  I'd also like to go back to when (and see how) Stonehenge was built.  That's what I'd like to see back in time.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 01:39:20 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... I thought I was sleepy and ready for bed...

...Then my brother called me to ask me to tape the late night re-broadcast of "Oprah" since it was a re-run of the show where she had the author of "A Million Little Pieces" on - and my brother, Jay - who is in San Diego - just really wanted a chance to see the interview.  So...  After digging around for a blank VHS tape, and figuring out how to tape on the VCR here and set the timer... Well...

Due to the football game earlier in the evening, ABC was running about an hour behind schedule.  So, then I wasn't sure if they would just bump the late-night lineup by an hour, or make other adjustments.  And since my brother was really interested in seeing the show... And he had gone to the trouble of looking up the schedule online.  *He would have taped it out in San Diego, but due to the football games and the time difference, there was no "Oprah" today - in neither her regular daytime or late night slot.  So...

"Oprah" started at 3:00am.  And, of course, I ended up getting sucked in, and watched the whole show.  Ah, well...

And then...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 01:40:45 AM »

Since I had some time to kill during the commercials, I started going through some of the photos on my digital camera...

And if you look to the left, you'll see what I ended up working on during the commercials.

New Year, New Pic.

;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:42:57 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 02:13:19 AM »

And as promised a couple of days ago...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 02:14:04 AM »

And now in close up, the autograph in question...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 02:15:42 AM »

And here's a "clean" image of the poster art by Mike Benny:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 02:21:08 AM »

Oh, and also as promised, here's my niece, Alyssa, in her Christmas finery.  -Just imagine she also has on a pair of black patent leather shoes too.   ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 02:22:04 AM »

Hmm... 5:20AM EST... Let's see... How long has it been since I've done an all-nighter??... Maybe I'm due for one...  We shall see...

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 02:27:10 AM »

...And for those of you interested in a very gripping, painfully(!!) honest, and, at times, harrowing read, "A Million Little Pieces" will provide that for you.  However, it also provides a great message of hope - and inspiration - for those dealing with and affected by drug addiction and alcohol.  The author, James Frey, really pulls no punches in describing his process from his rock bottom moment though his drug rehabilitation.  Not for the faint of heart, but worth the "risk".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 02:27:36 AM »

-Sheesh, how "blurby" can I get?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 02:28:55 AM »

...And I can honestly say, I don't feel tired at all right now...  Hmm... Maybe I'll work out... That will make me tired!... Or not... Hmm...

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 02:40:31 AM »

Is that pic from the "Mame" playbill Jose?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 02:40:45 AM »

Good Morning, Good Day, DR Tomovoz!

-Although, it's actually, Good Evening, for you.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 02:41:39 AM »

Is that pic from the "Mame" playbill Jose?

Umm... You lost me...

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 02:47:41 AM »

Well, I think I'm gonna attempt to grab a few winks now... so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 02:51:56 AM »

Goodnight Ito.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 03:25:15 AM »

Goodnight Ito.

;D

Hmm.... And now I'm wondering who's been cast as Ito for the upcoming production of Mame at the Kennedy Center with Christine Baranski... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 03:29:03 AM »

...Wasn't I about to do something?  Oh, yes... Go to bed... Or at least try to get some sleep...
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 04:29:32 AM »

Thanks for all the health-ful good vibes!

I have now completed my second full day of work, with no bad things occurring to my health.
The cellulitus has retreated, thanks to antibiotics, rest and positive vibrations.
Tonight, I started out stocking shelves in Health and Beauty, moved over to Cosmetics AND believe it or not, ended the shift in Ladies' Lingerie. . .hey, BK, saw many, many tongs!  Some of them had bejewelled butterflies on them!

It's nice to come home to a hot cup of coffee, a toasted bagel and a warm, lick-filled greeting from Dixie Bell!
It's also nice to go out of the house to go to work. . .and work. . .and get paid for working. (of course, all that may change after the 31st when the store has its grand opening).
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ben

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 05:01:13 AM »

Good Morning TD and all other Hainsies and Kimlets!

I said it a couple of days ago but I am really back. I know I'm back because I'm sitting at my office desk, a place I have not been to since November 23rd.

I have much catching up to do, still but I need to regain my posting power besides getting back into the work flow.

As George said in an earlier post, my debut on Radio Wales in a live interview with Beverley Humphreys only plays for about 35 minutes.There was supposed to be a split signal and football was scheduled for FM but something went wrong and we get five minutes of football and no more Showtime. From what I heard, I think there is about 20 minutes more, 10 of Bev and me talking and 10 minutes of music. I'm hoping to get a full copy of the show from Bev or Bridget (the producer) so I can send out copies to those of you who might like to hear the entire show. I haven't heard back yet but when I do, I will let you know.

Being in Cardiff on the BBC was one of the most special moments in my life. It was like sitting in a cozy room and chatting with Beverley for an hour. And then we went out for dinner and continued the conversation. I remember a TOD about best Christmas presents sometime before I left. Well, I have an answer now. It was self-arranged and something of a surprise (I didn't expect to be on for the entire hour) but this was one of the most magical and special presents I could ever have received.

On that high note, I'm going to get some coffee and try to get back into work mode. We are still on Dublin time (it's 1pm in the afternoon in Dublin). I woke up at 4am and started making some breakfast. Anthony woke up soon after (and he's not a morning person). We had breakfast and I came into the office and he's working on the 273 pictures. I won't post them all but in a week or so I should have a few shots of us in Dublin and Cardiff including a shot or two of me in front of the microphone.

TTFN.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 05:01:34 AM »

Hello, Dear Larry!!!

Michael

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 05:05:57 AM »

DR Ben

What am I? Chopped Liver?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 05:08:58 AM »

Good TOD

I guess I am too stuck in the 20th/21th century to want to go back to any other time. Where diseases, illnesses ran rampant. Also the minor inconvienes of no flush toliets, takeout, electricity and haines his way.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 05:10:30 AM »

Hello to Ben and Larry BTW
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 05:21:12 AM »

Well, it's good to see the morning crew back!  Hello, DRs Ben and MichaelShayne!

I have a fraught day with lots of tasks, but I will check in whenever.

TOD:
The Time Machine would break with all my stops and starts.  Right now I want to go to June 17, 1903 and sit in the opening night, Chicago, BABES IN TOYLAND to recover the missing lyrics to "If I Were a Man Like that" from BABES IN TOYLAND and pick up the band parts to the missing "Evaline McCook," since  they're both getting cut next day.  Then I'd want to go to the October 1903 New York opening to hear the lost "An Old-Fashioned Rose."

I'd also like to hit several other opening nights, from THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, 1728, on.  Historical events sound exciting, but they sometimes come with violence, mob control, and bloodshed.  I'd rather read about them if I can't stop them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 05:22:21 AM »

Hello, Michael!!!

You weren't on when I said hello to Larry but now you are so I can greet you properly.

TOD may be addressed later. Since I just returned from a lengthy vacation I will have to think about which time and place I would return to if possible.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 06:30:08 AM »

Good Morning All.  Back at my desk after a wonderful 10 day break (and it only cost me 3 vacation days! HooRAY!)

It is grey and cold and rainy and miserable out..and I really cannot hitnk of anything for the TOD at the moment... maybe after ai drink my coffee and catch up on my desk overflow....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up