Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COGENT  (Read 19848 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:COGENT
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »

So this is what page four looks like!

Very nice.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2006, 12:54:55 PM »

Page Four Lucy Dance.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »

DRMBARNUM go back and watch episode Two....see a man in 50's Drag...or did you send the DVD to me on purpose so you wouldn't HAVE to watch anymore?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2006, 12:59:37 PM »

My question for ASK BK day...and for other DR's.  Which Warner Bros Cartoon Character most closely reflects your personality?

I am Daffy Duck, I am sure.

Jed

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2006, 01:10:35 PM »

Alright folks, time for a shameless plea for vibes.  I interviewed this morning to try to join George and Ginny as the HHW librarians, going for a spot with Tacoma Public Library.  I'd really like to get back into library work (after 4+ years of it during college), so let's get me this freakin' job! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »

The eBay rule is that seller and buyer MUST contact each other within three business days of the close of auction.

This may be the rule, but I imagine the PayPal communication that generates when one pays for an item must constitute some of that communication. I never heard a word personally from this seller, just the receipt from PayPal that I had paid this seller a certain amount of money.

In any event, the item was delivered today, so my fears were groundless. I'll be leaving feedback momentarily.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2006, 01:16:13 PM »

My question for ASK BK day...and for other DR's.  Which Warner Bros Cartoon Character most closely reflects your personality?

I'm sure my students would have said Witch Hazel for me. I really can't think of any one I identify with.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »

I got my Amazon package today in addition to the Ebay purchase. But with so much TV tonight, I doubt I get to anything from that box today.

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »

DRMBARNUM go back and watch episode Two....see a man in 50's Drag...or did you send the DVD to me on purpose so you wouldn't HAVE to watch anymore?

Pretty much, ya! LOL!

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »

I did finish the Season 1 boxed set of CSI: NY today, and now I'm ready to move on to Season 3 of CSI: MIAMI.

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2006, 01:18:26 PM »

Hmmm....maybe Porky Pig.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »

Next, I watched the first of last night's two episodes of SCRUBS. Silly-funny. The janitor has always been my favorite character in the show, and he just wasn't on much in this first episode. I have another to watch later this evening.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2006, 01:21:01 PM »

DR JED vibes for your getting the job!

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

THE CLOSER wasn't as compelling as the first two episodes of the series I saw, but I still enjoyed it very much. Trying to find the killer of some Russian prostitutes while being hampered by the FBI provided some fun encounters for the Kyra Sedgewick character.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »

DR JED here are some howelite stones for new beginnings.  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2006, 01:23:56 PM »

THE SHIELD had a frenzied episode with race fighting between African-Americans and Mexican-Americans in the LA district where the story takes place. A very good jumping off point for its final season, but I miss Glenn Close's character very much. Forest Whitaker joins the show this season as the AIB detective whose mission is to bring down the Michael Chiklis character.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2006, 01:25:28 PM »

MASTER AND COMMANDER was being shown on HBO-HD, so I watched about 15 minutes of it after THE SHIELD was over. Reminds me I need to take that DVD off the shelf and watch it again soon. The quarter hour I saw had something happen that I didn't even remember from seeing the film the last time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2006, 01:28:27 PM »

Daffy Duck for sure, or Bugs Bunny.

I got my Sam Peckinpah box set today, and also the wooden box set of Percy Faith albums, of which I only had a handful.  So, I'll trade those in and now I have me a spiffy box with ten CDs that was half the price of the CDs' list price without the box.  Is that convoluted enough?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »

Shameless shill (but some of you might be interested) department:  I am busy uploading soundtrack and theater files I've composed today to my site.  I know some of you are big Susannah Mars fans, and there will be some clips of Susannah doing my material that I guarantee you you've never heard before (unless, of course, you have).   ;D  It will probably be this afternoon (PST) when the links are there and active.  I'm doing this all on dialup.  Can you believe it?  (I can't).

I think it's time you upgrade to broadband. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2006, 01:31:28 PM »

Alright folks, time for a shameless plea for vibes.  I interviewed this morning to try to join George and Ginny as the HHW librarians, going for a spot with Tacoma Public Library.  I'd really like to get back into library work (after 4+ years of it during college), so let's get me this freakin' job! :D

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ BEST LIBRARY VIBES FOR DR JED!! ~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2006, 01:46:13 PM »

I am sure there are those who would claim I resemble a certain Foghorn Leghorn.  Those people are wrong, I tells ya, wrong.   ;D

George, believe me, broadband and/or whatever other highspeed (DSL? I know not from these things) is available are on the agenda.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »

DRMATTH - for some reason I had thought that MASTER AND COMMANDER was going to be a movie a lot like Captain Blood with lots of sea battles and such....and it turned out to be just a LOT of ships and a few battles in a very very long movie.....  I liked it, but it was different than I thought.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2006, 01:54:43 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!LIBRARY JOB VIBES FOR JED!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/size][/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »

As Daffy Ducks, we are prepared for anything!   ;D

http://www.jokes.thefunnybone.com/waves/Dafdisnt.wav

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2006, 01:56:34 PM »

So far we have two Daffy Ducks, one Porky Pig, and one Witch Hazel.....not even enough for ONE cartoon....yet.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »

Hmmm....ICE STATION ZEBRA has shipped, but OPERATION CROSSBOW is delayed.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

Re: the discussion of MEDIUM and the oldest daughter (with one small spoiler from monday's show).

Yes, I think she knows she has some abilities.  But I don't think that Alison or her husband have really sat her down and talked to her about this.

The daughter knows that she can do things (see math problems, predict the future, get lottery numbers).  But I really don't think that the children realize that Alison has special powers. And I don't think they really realize that they do either.

I remember in a past episode the middle daughter saw an imaginary friend.  But I don't think that the older daughter has any idea that the man she saw (who she called the librarian) was not real.

Does anybody else wonder why Alison and Joe have not discussed this stuff with the kids.  I guess they are trying to wait and do it on a need to know basis.  But I really think they should have told older girl this on Monday's show.

Potential Spoiler, but I don't think so.

I agree, and this is really where I was going with my question.  I think they have some idea that they can do or see things their friends can't, ie: guess lottery numbers with absolute certainty, but I don't think they know it's true significance.  Nor do I think that they know about each other's or their mother's abilities.

My guess is that their parents (especially dad) want to shelter them as long as possible.  But I think that it is time that they have a serious discussion with them about what they can do and what the larger implications are.  At least for safety's sake.  And while I'm sure Alison is trying to keep them from going through what she did- I can only imagine that it's been hard (they kind of refer that she used to drink a lot more) I would think she would want her daughters to have more guidance with it than she did.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 02:04:04 PM by TPunk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »

Just got sent some photographs from the LACC benefit.  So far, none of the opening number or The Comedy of Errors number or the teachers' number.  But, here are two of my very own self:

First, me, Candice Nicole, and Annette Cardona doing Been A Long Day.

I have now tried to post this twice - hopefully, the third time will be the charm.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2006, 02:08:43 PM »

Finally, it posted!

Here's one backstage - next to me is my old pal M'Lisa MacLaren.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2006, 02:09:32 PM »

DRMATTH - for some reason I had thought that MASTER AND COMMANDER was going to be a movie a lot like Captain Blood with lots of sea battles and such....and it turned out to be just a LOT of ships and a few battles in a very very long movie.....  I liked it, but it was different than I thought.

I've never read any of the books; not much of a fan of this kind of maritime yarn, but it accomplished what it set out to do. I liked it, but I didn't love it. However, I would like to see it again.

My friend John who's absolutely mesmerized by the HORATIO HORNBLOWER stories and BBC films of those stories was not impressed at all by MASTER & COMMANDER.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up