Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OPENING NIGHT 2: NIGHT AND DAY  (Read 20679 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:OPENING NIGHT 2: NIGHT AND DAY
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2006, 01:13:12 PM »

I did some checking on the news you gave us about Dr. Who, DR DakotaCelt.  The Doctor is indeed coming to America.

I've been a fan of the series off and on since discovering the Third Doctor on PBS.  Der Brucer and I saw Sixth Doctor Colin Baker in a mystery play during one of our trips to London, the title of which escapes me just now.

Of course, since the first series of the new production is also scheduled to be released on area 1 DVD sometime soon, it could be a race whether it plays first on Sci-Fi or a television near you!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:26:46 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »

Back from my movie with DR TPunk.  We saw TRANSAMERICA, my second time, her first.  I liked the film even better this time.  Felicity Huffman is amazing, but the whole cast is excellent.

Now, an hour breather and THE PRODUCERS with Charlotte.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2006, 01:18:16 PM »

Marian Seldes was a guest star on THE BOOK OF DANIEL the other night. I was grand seeing her play the mother with ice in her veins. Truly creepy and did it all with the sweetest smile on her face.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2006, 01:19:22 PM »

I think the Oscar contest this year will be between Felicity Huffman for TRANSAMERICA and Reese Witherspoon for WALK THE LINE.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »

Spent the afternoon watching crime procedurals on DVD and clearing off the DVR. Watched three episodes of CSI: MIAMI on DVD including the 90 minute tsunami episode which I recalled as I watched it that I only saw the last hour when it was telecast. I'm not sure it's been repeated ever, but if it had, I missed those episodes, too. The entire first part was all new to me. (The delectable Brian Bloom was a guest star on this episode.)

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2006, 01:23:18 PM »

I watched CSI: NY which featured a death by swordfish. Interesting episode and surprise murderer. Two other cases were also featured on the show, and they ended up being the same investigation once the evidence started piling up.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2006, 01:25:29 PM »

Rewatched the figure skating from last night, at least some of it. I skimmed through many of the routines like Allisa Czisny's which were so problematic. Meissner and Cohen did have the best routines of the night. I should have saved the men's competition from the afternoon because those are the ones I wouldn't mind seeing again. I'll have to keep my eye on ESPN2's schedule during this next week to see if they replay the finals.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2006, 01:42:05 PM »

Just back from my date!  As he mentioned, Elmore treated me to Transamerica, and it truly is a great film.  I don't want to say anything much about it for fear of giving away any of the plot, but I think that anyone should be able to relate to this film.  I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't already.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2006, 01:42:38 PM »

I returned home to find Rodzinski in a sorrowful state.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »

I returned home to find Rodzinski in a sorrowful state.

His Colts must have lost. I'm sorry for his disappointment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »

A sorrowful state?  I thought he was there with you in New York!

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »

Well I have packed the first 20 boxes and you can't even tell I've done anything!  Well, the boxes sitting around the room indicate otherwise, but that's ok. I stll have a month to go. If I can just pack or sort a little everyday and more than that on weekends I'll get it done without much stress and without missing out on the fun things I like to do

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

It's so nice out today I have a couple windows open. Callie and Nilla are thrilled and they are perched in their favorite window bathing each other and enjoying the fresh air.

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2006, 02:14:56 PM »

I'm afraid Nilla's strange feline tooth disease may be back and the bad part is it's one of his front fangs (do you call them fangs on a house cat?)  since I'm off tomorrow I'm going to see if we can get into the vet.  He's already had 9 teeth pulled, I really hate to have him lose any more.   I'd have to call him the toothless wonder

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »

I guess I'll head down now to get the guest bathroom cleaned and then on to a night of frenzied TV watching.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2006, 02:17:53 PM »

I should say Paul is trying to finish up on a mural he is doing for a local high school, but he promised that starting in February he will help me pack.  That's actually fabulous. I'll need his help for that last minute crunch before the movers come.  

I'm getting an estimate from the moving company tomorrow. Hopefully, the weather will be nice on February 10....this is a totally insane time to move in Iowa, but I did get a good deal on the house and the repair people and moving company are more than happy to have my business now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2006, 02:19:30 PM »

I was going to go see a movie tonight, but I think I better stay home.  I stll haven't seen the netflix I got before Christmas, so I may watch Cinderella Man and Polar Express....next stop.....BOLLYWOOD!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2006, 03:00:02 PM »

I did some checking on the news you gave us about Dr. Who, DR DakotaCelt.  The Doctor is indeed coming to America.

I've been a fan of the series off and on since discovering the Third Doctor on PBS.  Der Brucer and I saw Sixth Doctor Colin Baker in a mystery play during one of our trips to London, the title of which escapes me just now.

Of course, since the first series of the new production is also scheduled to be released on area 1 DVD sometime soon, it could be a race whether it plays first on Sci-Fi or a television near you!

I actually got to meet Tom Baker at a convention in Chicago...

The local public telly station gets a lot of British programs. Loved DW.

Loved Tom Baker and Peter DAvison. I have seen a couple of eppies of the new series via my cousin who lives in Edmonton, AB and I really like the actor, Chris Eccleston who played the doc.

I was not a big fan of Colin Baker's doc.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2006, 03:27:50 PM »

Well I have packed the first 20 boxes and you can't even tell I've done anything!  Well, the boxes sitting around the room indicate otherwise, but that's ok. I stll have a month to go. If I can just pack or sort a little everyday and more than that on weekends I'll get it done without much stress and without missing out on the fun things I like to do

THat sounds like a good plan of action....

Are you taking a new job?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2006, 03:28:35 PM »

I was going to go see a movie tonight, but I think I better stay home.  I stll haven't seen the netflix I got before Christmas, so I may watch Cinderella Man and Polar Express....next stop.....BOLLYWOOD!!!!

I enjoyed Polar express.... Sweet movie

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2006, 03:34:35 PM »

THat sounds like a good plan of action....

Are you taking a new job?

No I'm just moving into a new house.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2006, 03:49:18 PM »

Elmoore, I've been meaning to ask you forever: do you use notation software and, if so, which?  I've used all 3 biggies, but only have Encore (yes, I'm a luddite) at home.  I can get Finale pretty much for free, but am still debating between it and Sibelius.  I'm asked to so many charts now where they want it in Finale, so I guess that's the obvious choice.  (Luckily, Finale will import Encore files, so so far I've been able to finesse everything with pickier clients).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2006, 04:07:38 PM »

I liked THE POLAR EXPRESS very much myself, and I should think many young kids would find it a great adventure.

I gave a copy of the DVD to my friend John who has two kids aged 8 and 6. They loved it and also loved CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:08:51 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »

'24' starts in less than an hour, and I am SO looking forward to it. I thought last season was the best of its four year run, and critics who have seen the four hours already that we're going to see tonight and tomorrow night have been saying many great things about it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »

Bruce and Penny, Maureen (sister of Ron) Baum’ daughter Nikki will be on COLD CASE tonight.   I have no idea the extent of her role except that she says "it's a secret, but we're dead".

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »

DokotaCelt chocolate is definitely a food group.

Do you normally do genealogy research?  Thanks to Keith’s research I have new family members I email with.  In fact I’m about to write my Cousin Jane who lives in England.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2006, 04:20:47 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from the Green Room...

And since we got the 15 minute call about 5 minutes ago...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »

DR Jane - The Victorian Toffee was a hit!  It was gone in less that five minutes.  -I did sneak a piece for myself... YUMMY!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »

OH!!!

DR Jane - After a call to See's, I found out that they indeed do make the California Brittle in a "Dark" variation now.  It's piece #75.  Alas, it's not shown on their online catalog listing, but it is in their catalog - which I also placed an order for - well, I had to update my address.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »

Well... About to get the Five Minute call... and then the show... and the trek up to NYC...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up