Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIMALAYAN YAK  (Read 19513 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE HIMALAYAN YAK
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2006, 09:54:59 PM »

Well... My big plan for tomorrow is to get a good run in.  A five mile run.  I've been doing three miles lately, but just want to go that extra mile - well, two extra miles.  It's supposed to be another unseasonably warm day, so it should be perfect for a five mile run around the Mall.

But in the meantime, sleep is good.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »

PAGE 10 DANCE!

In honor of Wilson Pickett...

LAND OF A 1000 DANCES

1-2-3
1-2-3
Ow! Uh! Alright! Uh!

Got to know how to pony
Like Bony Maronie
Mash potato, do the alligator
Put your hand on your hips, yeah
Let your backbone slip
Do the Watusi
Like my little Lucy
Hey! Uh!

Na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na na-na-na-na
I need somebody to help me say it one time
(Na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na na-na-na-na)
Wo--ow!

Wow! Uh! You know I feel alright! Huh! I feel pretty good y'all
Uh! Huh!
Na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na na-na-na-na
Come on y'all, let's say it one more time
(Na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na na-na-na-na)
Ooow!

Playing, it is a habit
With long tall Sally
Twistin' with Lucy
Doin' the Watusi
Roll over on your back
I like it like that
Do that Jerk-uh
Watch me work y'all
Ow! Do it!
Wow! Do it!
Just watch me do it

Aah help me
Aah help me
Aah help me
Aah help me

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 09:58:51 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2006, 09:58:27 PM »

Goodnight, Jose.

Keep warm, MBarnum.

Keep dry, elmore.

Did you get the little package yet, JMK?

Anyway, goodnight, all.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

Goodnight, John Boy.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »

DR FJL.  YES!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2006, 10:12:58 PM »

Aren't the lads in school?
Since both Mommy and Daddy work, when the kids get out of school they usually get sent by bus to their daycaregiver's place.  Fortunately, since this daycaregiver isn't all that good, most of the time there are afterschool activities and focused learning at their elementary school, which means they don't go to daycare.  But, since those afterschool activities won't start for this "semester" until the end of this month, when the daycare alternative falls through it means that either Daddy or Mommy have to take time off from work to rescue the kids.  

Or Grampa and the Spare kick in.

Today, we all went to see Hoodwinked, which had second-rate computer animation but a fairly good script.  On the way to the movie, William decided to do his homework, which Alex checked for him.  After the movie, we went to a Friendly's for dinner, where Alex did his homework while eating.  Then we went shopping for CDs at Best Buy.  Problem was, Alex thought we were going there to buy CDs for him, but we were really there to load up on music to play in the car for them, stuff like Genesis and Paul McCartney and Chicago.  Alex went into a pout, until I reminded him that all the music he's been discovering lately is stuff Grampa and I have been playing for them.

From there, we headed back to their home, and confirmed that tomorrow (my other day off this week) will again be spent ladsitting.  Daycare is still filled with sick-os.  No way can we afford a second day shopping, so we'll be heading straight for home this time.  Maybe we'll get them to watch a movie or two while waiting for Mommy and Daddy to return to the fold.  (I still want to introduce them to The Adventures of Robin Hood - Alex still thinks Robin is a Disney fox!   :-\)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2006, 10:17:13 PM »

Jose: Faneuil Hall is on the list of sights/attractions. I think we'll be dining there or in the North End at some point this weekend. :-D

What is Indian Pudding?

I better get to bed...my train's at 8:30 in the morning!!

'Night, all...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »

I, too, must wussburger.  Disgusting, isn't it.

The mashed peas and yak's blood sauce doesn't make the wussburger any more appetizing, either.

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »

Back from an excellent performance to a completely sold out house (we had a group of students who comprised half the house).  They loved the play, responded beautifully, and afterwards we did a fun Q&A.  It was just what the doctor ordered after reading the wretched LA Weekly review, and then hearing that the LA Times was just as bad.  Sitting there watching the show tonight you just have to scratch your head and think, "What show did THEY see?"  I'm pretty certain we'll come a cropper with the Daily News as well.  But, our lovely Tolucan Times was the best and we're going to use that in its entirety, do as much damage control as we can, use as many of the reader reviews as we can, and as long as the word of mouth continues to be as positive as it's been (and it's been REALLY positive) we might just be fine.  I frankly think that people in LA are fed up with these piss-poor critics.  Someone told me tonight that they'd stopped reading the LA Weekly because the critics raved about crap and slammed really good shows, ALL THE TIME.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »

Back from an excellent performance to a completely sold out house (we had a group of students who comprised half the house).  They loved the play, responded beautifully, and afterwards we did a fun Q&A.  It was just what the doctor ordered after reading the wretched LA Weekly review, and then hearing that the LA Times was just as bad.  Sitting there watching the show tonight you just have to scratch your head and think, "What show did THEY see?"  I'm pretty certain we'll come a cropper with the Daily News as well.  But, our lovely Tolucan Times was the best and we're going to use that in its entirety, do as much damage control as we can, use as many of the reader reviews as we can, and as long as the word of mouth continues to be as positive as it's been (and it's been REALLY positive) we might just be fine.  I frankly think that people in LA are fed up with these piss-poor critics.  Someone told me tonight that they'd stopped reading the LA Weekly because the critics raved about crap and slammed really good shows, ALL THE TIME.

I am glad you hear that you had a splendid evening... I sometimes would much rather hear from those who expereinced it than the idiots who sit and try not to appreciate something

I am glad to hear your day was better than mine... Of the two people I was teaching sign language to, one decided to quit the show. OH JOY!!! Life is a dance... I am contemplating an idea I may run past the director tomorrow concerning this situation...  I am hoping she will agree with it. There is a student who is totally deaf and likes to watch televised plays and stuff that close captioned. She may be a likely replacement. One drawback. The role is a male but I have seen a female in it before so it is possible... I meet with her tomorrow afternoon...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:29:19 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up