Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALIVE AND KICKIN'  (Read 16374 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:ALIVE AND KICKIN'
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2006, 12:54:46 PM »

I am near to Melbourne DR DakotaCelt. I was in Queensland swimming with the cousins of the Whales when you joined the site. Welcome.

G'day!!

I saw your pictures and it looked like you had a lovely time...

Thank you for the nice welcome.. There are a number of nice people on this board. I really enjoy chatting with Jane. A lovely person.

There is an Aussie show that broadscasts here in the US that I have seen a few times, McLeods Daughters. Nice show..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

A few people tried to save me when I was with the Dolphins! Mistaken identity. I really must lose some weight.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »

A few people tried to save me when I was with the Dolphins! Mistaken identity. I really must lose some weight.

Oh dear....

They are interesting creatures... I am also a big horse lover. Love the beasts...

There are times I actually prefer animals to people. They are unconditional...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »

Do you like small horses too?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »

Here is a wolf site you can visit

http://www.wolf.org

It is based in Ely, MN. It is located in Minnesota Wolf country.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »

DakotaCelt thank you.  I am delighted you have joined us.

Tomovoz-ROTFLOL.  I did not confuse you with the Dolphin.
I’m sure DakotaCelt would enjoy a photo of your wild parrots.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »

Do you like small horses too?

yes, Ponies and hte minnies...

I have a number of Breyer collectibles because right now I cannot afford to own one and where I am living it is not feasible to own one. I did co-own a horse with a freind for a number of years until he had to be put down two years ago due to age and pnuemonia. He was 22 years old.

Tomovoz

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »

McLeod's Daughters - it rates very well here but is SO not the real world!!

DR Jane is of course not what she seems!!  She is really a 10 year old boy who is cruel to all creatures.

OK! She is everyone's favourite and much lovelier than lovely!!

James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »

DakotaCelt thank you.  I am delighted you have joined us.

Tomovoz-ROTFLOL.  I did not confuse you with the Dolphin.
I’m sure DakotaCelt would enjoy a photo of your wild parrots.

Yes I would like to see the pics of the parrots...

Tomovoz is too distinguished to be confused with the dolphins.  

Jane, you are a gem.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2006, 01:06:34 PM »

Have you seen the story of the tortoise who is a surrogate mother for a hippo?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hippo.asp

Tomovoz

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »

Sorry!  It was a poor attempt at humour - "big horse lover"!

My niece has five horses! There was a foal born to one on Christmas eve. I saw it on Christmas morning.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »

McLeod's Daughters - it rates very well here but is SO not the real world!!

DR Jane is of course not what she seems!!  She is really a 10 year old boy who is cruel to all creatures.

OK! She is everyone's favourite and much lovelier than lovely!!

I enjoy McLeod's daughters!! Nick is cute!!

Jane, would never be cruel.. She is too sweet Tomovoz  < smile >

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2006, 01:10:07 PM »

My niece has five horses! There was a foal born to one on Christmas eve. I saw it on Christmas morning.

sweet!!

A friend of mine's horse is suppose to drop a foal in February... She crossed her Quarter horse mare with with an Appaloosa stallion.

Tomovoz

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »

Thank you for the Tortoise and Wolf links.

Latest rumour to be spread (by a group of Tasmanians) is that that Pelicans are known to abduct at least one baby per anum.
(The per anum lends the rumour more scientic weight!)
It will probably surface in a newspaper somewhere!!
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »

How sweet and you are funny.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »

Don't know if it was a flop, but it wasn't a success...Kern/Hammerstein's VERY WARM FOR MAY.  Great song from IN THE HEART OF THE DARK.  Babs Cook sings it on one of Bagley's Kern albums.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »

I had to leave abruptly during all the compliments so Keith could send an email to his mother.  We were telling her about the hippo and the tortoise (I was multitasking, carrying on two conversations at once).  Our annoying server wouldn’t send the email while I was on the internet.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2006, 01:24:42 PM »

Hi Pogue.  You just reminded me I need to call our friend Janet.  She has the name of someone to cut down a tree for us.  This really needs to be done before the tree falls across our road.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »

Ate a small amount of food for luncheon, just in case I go out after the show, which I might just do.  I was supposed to get a bunch of videotapes from Disney and they sure haven't arrived.  Hope that isn't ominous - could be a Fed Ex screwup - if they don't arrive, then I've really got my work cut out for me on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I have a meeting at Disney at two on Monday, so that's the latest I'll probably get them.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2006, 01:35:23 PM »

Here's the photo of Owen and his mom-turtle from the Urban Legends website.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 01:35:58 PM by Jane »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

Here is a wolf site you can visit

http://www.wolf.org

It is based in Ely, MN. It is located in Minnesota Wolf country.

DakotaCelt (and anyone else), have you ever heard of Wolf Haven?  It's here in Washington state and they do really good work.  On the front page it says this:

We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is "working for wolf conservation" by: protecting our wild wolves; providing sanctuary for captive-born wolves; promoting wolf restoration in historic ranges; and educating the public on the value of all wildlife.

You can even adopt a wolf!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »

Of course DR George some of us are more at ease with Bears. LOL
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2006, 01:51:15 PM »

Of course DR George some of us are more at ease with Bears. LOL

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »

Have you seen the story of the tortoise who is a surrogate mother for a hippo?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hippo.asp

On Comcast, they have an AP story about a snake and a hampster at a Tokyo zoo that have become friends!  Evidently, the snake wouldn't eat frozen mice, so they got it a live hampter to eat.  But the snake wouldn't eat it!  They've been living in the same cage ever since.  Click HERE for the article and here's the picture:

Tomovoz

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »

Cute story George.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2006, 01:58:45 PM »

Saturday greetings from NYC!  Yes, DH Richard and I are still here and have had a lovely week.  As DR elmore told you earlier, we had dinner with him and DR FJL at Artie's last night.  FJL surprised us with an assortment of anniversary gifts and treated all to dinner.  Thank you, so much.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »

Thursday we had an interesting visit to the Recorded Books, Inc. studios and, that evening, saw the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, which we enjoyed very much.

Friday, we took what was supposed to be a 90 minute free tour of the Grand Central area.  It turned out to be 3 hours (still free) - very informative, but not attentive to "creature comforts."  Many of us in the group could have used some sitting down opportunities.  Dinner, of course, was at Arties, and then we saw Barbara Cook at the Met.  What a treat to see her, flubs and all.  She is, after all, pushing 80 years old.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »

George that is so cute.  I didn't find the second link to the story.

I must go now.  The tree guy is coming right over to take down the tree.

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »

Dolphin swimming on his back!
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »

DR Jose is to blame be credited for our day today.

Earlier in the week, DH Richard commented that he'd never been to Greenwich Village.  When we saw that the weather would cooperate today, we subway-ed to Washington Square and then I replicated the SoHo/Greenwich Village portion of last October's tour, complete with a bathroom break at the Apple Store!  We made our way to the Cowgirl Restaurant for lunch and had a delightful time.

We're back at the hotel now, relaxing before tonight's performance of Rent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up