Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN SEARCH OF A BON MOT  (Read 22782 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:IN SEARCH OF A BON MOT
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2006, 08:51:05 PM »

This is something I haven't seen before:  we are having an ice storm with lightning and thunder.  This is end of days weather, this is.

You mean you didn't see this in the Rexella forecast segment yesterday?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »

DR Jason, please take care of yourself and I am sending many vibes to help!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »

Sorry for your problems, DR Jason, but we're all pulling for you to come through the clouds into the sunshine.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2006, 09:12:31 PM »

I read that actor Chris Penn died. I'm sad about that.

He was part of that wonderful "Let's Hear for the Boys" number ion the movie FOOTLOOSE, co-starred in AT CLOSE RANGE with his brother Sean and was also one of the RESERVOIR DOGS.

He had a lovely part on a WILL & GRACE episode as Barry Manilow's road manager who developed a crush on Will.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2006, 09:13:32 PM »

I also just read that NBC has taken THE BOOK OF DANIEL off its schedule. It will not complete its run.

Seeing the low ratings and a lack of advertising support for the show, I'm not surprised at all by this decision, but it still makes me sad.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2006, 09:14:56 PM »

And now I'm going to head downstairs for bed.

Good night, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2006, 09:57:04 PM »

I'm sitting here like so much fish.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2006, 10:08:17 PM »

Greetings from the extremely errant and truant. Where to begin... where to begin.

I guess I should let you know that Sweeney went well and I was told by many regulars at the theatre that it was the best show they had ever seen at the Muncie Civic. (Still no pictures, hopefully will hve them soon.)

A Tale of Two Cities was great in November. Sadly I didn't really have time to really visit anyone, but it was well worth the trip. James Barbour was amazing, and Natalie Toro nearly stopped the reading with her performance of Out of Sight, Out of Mind. The producers were just great and introduced me to many, many people. Jill Santoriello is perhaps one of the nicest people I have ever met also!

I am now in my third week back at school. Much better schedule this semester. (No more working until 3 AM when I have a 9:30 AM class.) I also am in the process of planning for my eventual goal of trying to open a non-profit theatre group working with underpriviledged children and children with disabilities in an inclusive setting. (What a mouthful!) Fridays are completely devoted to that even though it is a few years away. I am also starting to volunteer with a local theatre program that works with disabled students.

Top that off with 16 hours of classes a week, 17 hours of work, and then all my responsibilities as publicity chair for the Catholic Student Union which is a part time job in and of itself.

I am also helping direct a musical at a local Catholic school in Muncie next spring and we are beginning to plan for that. Small schools generally don't get the opportunity to do a real show experience so we really would like to do "Schoolhouse Rock Live!" with them. We are already trying to figure out how to get the money to pay royalties for that as their funds are extremely limited, but we have a few ideas.

Oh and I dyed my hair purple last Thursday because I lost a bet. (The Colts lost.) It's mostly washed out now and I am slightly dissapointd as I thought it would last a bit longer.

I am sure I am forgetting many, many things.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2006, 10:33:45 PM »

Good to see you, Joey. You've been missed! And you've been busy!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2006, 10:34:26 PM »

Our last rain here in the desert was October 18. The forecast for tonight and tomorrow is possible rain!  Hoo and Ray!!!!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2006, 10:37:21 PM »

Our last rain here in the desert was October 18. The forecast for tonight and tomorrow is possible rain!  Hoo and Ray!!!!!

Sending rain vibes to DRDearReaderLaura.... and also to Tomovoz...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »

Thank you.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up