Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BELLY DANCING  (Read 25451 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BELLY DANCING
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:20:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes moved right along, you moved right along, and now it is time for you to post until the belly-dancing cows come home.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:17:16 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BELLY DANCING
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: EQUIVOCATE!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:26:18 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:24:37 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 12:31:10 AM »

Ummmm...... I did bellydancing once and it was NOT a very pretty sight....

For those who have the body and flexibility to do it successfully, it is an interesting dance... I will stick with clogging, stepdancing, waltzing, swing and a few others.

Now wouldn't this be a twist on bellydancing... Males may be the future of bellydancing....

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/21/1069027326121.html?from=storyrhs
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:32:27 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 12:34:03 AM »

It's Friday already???? How can that be?????
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 12:36:29 AM »

It's Friday already???? How can that be?????
Tell me about it.

The week has flown by....

bk, can you check on somethign tomorrow for me... A group of Matt fans have sent Matt a little pressent at theatre for his birthday this weekend..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 12:38:14 AM »

The Equivoc Eight were not particularly successful Jazz Musicians based in Finland in the 1980's.  They toured extensively in the Baltic States to little acclaim. Two of their members wrote the Finnish entrant in the Eurovision Song Festival in 1988. The song received no votes.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 12:40:47 AM »

CD:  Finnish Shouting Chorus
CD: Jasmine: "Niin Kaunis On Taivas"
DVD:  Eurovision Song Festival - 1999 (Israel).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:41:44 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 12:42:36 AM »

We have had some more rain today Laura.  I hope you have some there in Phoenix soon.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 12:42:44 AM »

We've got us a quorum on the forum.  No more wire WUSSBURGERS, EVER!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 12:43:17 AM »

I have to put out the garbage before I go to bed...and before I forget. ::) I forgot a couple of weeks ago.  Oh, well.

In my CD player right this very moment is the soundtrack of "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" that I just got a few hours ago in Seattle.  After that (actually, later when I get to work), will be the gift that I got from DR François:  "Overture: American Musical Theatre, Volume 3."

In my DVD player (still):  three DVDs that I got from Netflix several weeks ago.  

In my VCR:  things that I had taped earlier in the week (except for last night...I forgot to set my VCR before I went to the movie).  I plan to be home in time to watch my Friday evening shows. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 12:44:10 AM »

Welcome eight GUESTS!  We're talkin' about CDs and DVDs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 12:44:38 AM »

We'll stay all night and we'll sing 'em all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 12:45:03 AM »

Some of my lies are indeed true.
DRs may like to check "Huutajat".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »

I am in a strange mood tonight.....

I have the soundtrack from Oklahoma playing...

DVD player has some classic telly in it... You will laugh if I tell you. < G >

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 12:48:28 AM »

in the VCR I have Matt Ashford and his Wife singing a piece from the King and I on SoapTalk...

She has an incredible voice... Matt is not too shabby either..

I do have to by a new copy of Christina's CD if it is still available. My car CD player suffered from some ill effect and it scratched the daylights out of it....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 12:51:18 AM »

Some of my lies are indeed true.
DRs may like to check "Huutajat".

hmmm. okay....

and now for something completely different....

Tomovoz

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 12:51:30 AM »

Huutajat's 10th Anniversday concert Cd is still available at approx 17 Euro.

(That post was specifically for MBarnum).
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 12:52:57 AM »

hmmm. okay....

and now for something completely different....

I do plan on watchign some Monty Python Flying circus

My sin DVD is Mel Brooks Men in Tights

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 12:53:58 AM »

Well, I must be going.  It's been a long day and I still have to empty the garbage before I go to sleep.  Goodnight, all!

And again, thanks Tomovoz and François!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »

Probably more enjoyable than Prince Of Thieves DR DakotaCelt!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 12:54:21 AM »

I shall shortly toddle off to the bedroom environment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 12:54:59 AM »

I think DR François returns in another week.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2006, 12:56:22 AM »

As time has gone by it is now time for me to and watch "As Time Goes By" (The reunion episodes).
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 12:56:54 AM »

Probably more enjoyable than Prince Of Thieves DR DakotaCelt!

OH YEAH!!!

BTW, I have a cassette tape an Aussie freind sent me of Tom Wilkinson. I like his stuff. He is a good singer

Tomovoz

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 12:56:58 AM »

It is 8.00pm on this side of the Pacific.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »

As time has gone by it is now time for me to and watch "As Time Goes By" (The reunion episodes).

They just finished a run of that show on the local public telly and have started airing Fresh Fields again. I like that show. THey are still airing Are You BEing Served?

Tomovoz

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 12:58:45 AM »

And I have never heard of Mr Tom Wilkinson.  (He may well have never heard of me either!)
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 01:00:12 AM »

It is 8.00pm on this side of the Pacific.

I listen to RAdio Australia  either through shortwave or through the internet. I have a freind in Canberra and one in Melbourne. Very concerned about her. She is an hour or so  away from the King Lake fire.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 01:01:15 AM »

And I have never heard of Mr Tom Wilkinson.  (He may well have never heard of me either!)

He is an Australian singer. More along the vein of folk and traditional music.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up