Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPER NON-BOWL SUNDAY  (Read 14192 times)

MBarnum

Re:SUPER NON-BOWL SUNDAY
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2006, 09:09:57 PM »

Uhg, back to work on Monday. So soon. I guess it is time for bed now. The electric blanket is all warmed up!

I wonder if this week will bring a furnace.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2006, 09:18:20 PM »

Yes, I must go to bed as well.

Maybe I will watch Life Begins at 18.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2006, 09:18:31 PM »

It's Monday in Indiana....and VERY cold here!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2006, 09:18:44 PM »

Where has DR RLP been this weekend?  Is he traveling?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2006, 09:21:48 PM »

To set your minds at ease, I am doing my best to comfort DB Jed at this trying and difficult time.  

get it out of the gutter, Tom.... :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2006, 10:27:11 PM »

Jrand:  You know, at the moment the stories are all very different, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some common thing between them at the end of the day.  I did tie one story to another in a very subtle way, if anyone is paying attention.  But, my goal was to write interesting stories but have them all be very different in tone.  There's one very silly fun story, a couple of moody ones, etc.  Oh, I guess there is one thing that runs through all of them - they all take place in LA.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2006, 10:28:26 PM »

The word on the matinee was a third of a house, quiet, but loved the show, with lots of chatter at intermission about which way it could go, and lots of positive buzz at the end.

I did clear the air about one thing that was bothering me, so that's good.  I'm sure I'll be back on Thursday with a notepad.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2006, 10:28:54 PM »

Thank heavens we didn't achieve a new all-time low.  It certainly looked that way around six o'clock.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

Jrand:  You know, at the moment the stories are all very different, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some common thing between them at the end of the day.  I did tie one story to another in a very subtle way, if anyone is paying attention.  But, my goal was to write interesting stories but have them all be very different in tone.  There's one very silly fun story, a couple of moody ones, etc.  Oh, I guess there is one thing that runs through all of them - they all take place in LA.

Sounds interesting... I am hoping after some of the dust settles this week to read your Kritzerland books.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2006, 11:19:22 PM »

THanks George and Jane for your nice words, Mbarnum and JRand also!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2006, 11:19:53 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Greeting from Richmond!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2006, 11:26:13 PM »

Closing night was, well, closing night.

I could tell that people were starting to get a little emotional early on, but we all pulled it together until the final curtain call.  It was a very good performance, and we had another great audience.  And, as I've said it before, it's been a great experience all around, from the first set of auditions last summer in New York City and DC to tonight's closing night party.

And the party...  Wow!  There was so much food!  When most of us made it up to the lobby after the show, there was plenty of food on the tables: sandwich platters, lasagna, pasta salad, empanadas, cakes, etc.  And then came the pizza.  And then more pizza.  And then more sandwiches.  And then more cake!  Yes, we had a big cast and crew for this show, but it really did seem like the production office had over-planned and order-ordered the food for the festivities.  I'm not complaining, but it really was sort of funny to see new trays of food and boxes of pizza coming out every ten minutes.  *However, we also had the casts of Awake & Sing and The Rainmaker join us after their respective performances and rehearsals.  Oh, and Moises Kaufmann was in attendance tonight since they were workshopping a new play of his in the Old Vat.

I took a bunch of pictures, and I'll do my best to get them posted over the next couple of days.  In the meantime...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »

I did have one "emotional hug", and that came when I said goodbye to our stage manager, Sue.  She truly is the best in the business.  The perfect balance between friend, confidante, mother and dictator.  ;)  And as some DRs may recall, she is also a cancer survivor and this was her first show back as a stage manager on a full-time basis.  A truly very special lady, special person.  God is keeping her on this earth for a reason.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2006, 11:33:37 PM »

And the drive back to Richmond was easy.  And it was sooooo nice to see the cops on the road tonight pulling over speeders.  They seemed to be out in full force - for the first part of my trip, I saw a car pulled over almost every two miles.

And a big grin came over my face when the idiot in the SUV who was pushing me, and eventually made his way around my car got pulled over by an unmarked car.  However, this "victory" was even sweeter due to the fact that I had just seen this unmarked car finishing up one previous traffic stop, and re-entering the main flow of traffic.  He even had his flashing lights on for a bit.  And was driving right next to me.  There was a reason I was making sure to drive the speed limit, and I guess the idiot driver of the SUV didn't see it.  ;)  *And in the dark, you can see the computer screens in the police cars as your drive by them... I guess some people don't pay attention.

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2006, 11:35:38 PM »

Well... It's time for me to get some sleep.  I'm hoping to head over to UofR in the morning to get a run in on their track.  And then I'll just spend the rest of the day visiting and making the rounds.  We shall where the day takes me.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up