News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MTW  (Read 22789 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MTW
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:16:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know all about MTW and "boudain" and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're taking a moosical theater workshop.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:15:39 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MTW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 12:16:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: PENTIMENTO!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 12:21:46 AM »

Just heard that the lovelier than lovely Miss Petula Clark will be in town end of this week to do some sort of recording, and that she just might try to make it over to see Deceit next week.  If she does, we'll all probably go out for dinner afterwards, and if she doesn't get to see the play, I think we're going to still try to have a meal.  How wonderful it will be to see her again - she's one of my favorite people, and I haven't seen her since she was in town doing Sunset Blvd.

Danise

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:06:04 AM »

Wow.  The site let me on and I have first post to boot!  

I have to go to a class today-- I'm OK, Your Difficult.  At least it gets me out of the office.  :-\

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:27:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  Last night's weird dream involved a wedding trip to London, where I saw a lot of friends and met John Barrowman.  I think Sally Ann Triplett was in it as well.  And there was a hot air balloon, and DR Jose was there, too, something about constellations and Cassiopiea and Orion.

DR Jose, I saw your post about Steve's rehearsal.  Didn't he conduct a chart of mine at Christmas?

Today involves a trip to Toyland and the NYPL Theatre Collection, and then back here for more IRS prep.

TOD:  I never wanted a dream house, perhaps a nice dream flat in London and a bigger apartment in Manhattan, perhaps on the mythical scale of all sitcoms set in New York.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:37:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: PENTIMENTO!
Ah, yes, pentimento, that marvelous cream cheese spread flavored with red bell pepper, which has been set out and dried a bit so that the flavor is somewhat faded.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:41:37 AM »

I wonder what it would be like to live in a yurt.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 04:45:11 AM »

I really should get back to bed.  The dogs got me up, because they wanted first breakfast and der B wanted to sleep in a bit.  He's got a busy day ahead of him, what with grandlad sitting on his own (after conferring with their teachers).  I shall be working, and enjoying myself at work.

Yes, I really should get back to bed.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 04:45:48 AM »

If money were no object I would have living spaces (not necessarily houses) in more than one location. I would have an apartment in NY similar to a friend who lives on 64th & Central Park West (8 rooms, 3 bathrooms, a guest room, full kitchen, formal dining room, parking space, access to the roof, etc). I would also have a large flat in London (no parking space though). I would have a small house in Normandy, probably in Honfleur or somewhere near. I would have a nice small apartment in San Francisco (we haven't been to SF since 1999 and I would love to get back) and I would have a small house on one of the islands of Hawaii.

And now I must begin work after I wash my oatmeal bowl.

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 05:39:46 AM »

Re: last night's COURTING ALEX (no spoilers).

The more I watch the show, the more I just love it.  DR MattH, you probably still wouldn't like it.  But it just makes me smile.  I'm not sure how hilarious it is.  But I just like the chemistry between Jenna Elfman and former Ed guy.  And their banter is cute and funny.  Definitely a chick show.  But I'm not complaining.

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 05:40:29 AM »

MEDIUM MAJOR SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S SHOW.

Last night MattH wrote:
I thought somehow Allison was going to be with the fake Joe at the end instead of the real Joe.

The descriptions of the episode had made it sound as if Allison was going to lose her clairvoyance altogether, but that wasn't the case at all.

I also guess the beginning wasn't that clear to me.  Because I also wondered if Alison was going to see fake Joe again.  I think the fact that that episode was when she hit her head was what confused me.  The promos for the show showed her going crazy with fakeJoe.  But really none of that happened (which is stuipid if you ask me, i mean why promo that- very misleading).

I didn't think she was going to lose her ability.  But I wasn't satisfied with the end.  They didn't show us what happened.  So they man took them to the desert. And I guess they found the bodies.  Then what happened to the man? What happened to his wife?  And what was the end with alison in bed? There was just something missing.

I loved the show up until the man freaked out and called his wife Jade. I don't know what i wanted to happen. I guess it would have felt more satisfying for them to find some way to help him.

It was very interesting though how alison had the visions while he was in the MRI. ANd the reasons she got the good vibes from him at the store. And also the whole thing with his wife. That part was all excellent, unpredictable and original.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:46:43 AM by Jennifer »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 05:59:28 AM »

I like olives stuffed with pentimentos.

(And Amazon has informed me that my copy of JULIA is on its way!  Now, if they would only release AGATHA on DVD, life would be a dream.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 06:06:25 AM »

TOD:

I am currently enamored of HGTV's 2006 Dream House.

But other than that, I would like a house that's up somewhere along the Hudson.  Or a ranch in Montanna.  Gimme them wide open spaces!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 06:43:36 AM »

I would love a Frank Lloyd Wright style house in a wooded area with a creek and a nice view, but close to the city.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 07:27:02 AM »

A big Victorian with three floors, a wrap around covered porch a turret and a fireplace in every room.  set in the center  of five acres of land with only about 2 1/2 acres cleared, the perimeter all wooded.  
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 07:36:31 AM »

I think we've come pretty close to our dreamhouse here in Kentucky.  But if money were no object, I would love to have a dreamhouse right in the heart of London in the West End and within walking distance of Theatreland.  Preferably on the North Bank with a view of the Thames and near some green park. Something near St. James Park would be great.  It would have enough bedrooms to accommodate the occasional visitors.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »

MORE MEDIUM SPOILERS

MEDIUM MAJOR SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S SHOW.

Last night MattH wrote:I also guess the beginning wasn't that clear to me.  Because I also wondered if Alison was going to see fake Joe again.  I think the fact that that episode was when she hit her head was what confused me.  The promos for the show showed her going crazy with fakeJoe.  But really none of that happened (which is stuipid if you ask me, i mean why promo that- very misleading).

I didn't think she was going to lose her ability.  But I wasn't satisfied with the end.  They didn't show us what happened.  So they man took them to the desert. And I guess they found the bodies.  Then what happened to the man? What happened to his wife?  And what was the end with alison in bed? There was just something missing.

I loved the show up until the man freaked out and called his wife Jade. I don't know what i wanted to happen. I guess it would have felt more satisfying for them to find some way to help him.

It was very interesting though how alison had the visions while he was in the MRI. ANd the reasons she got the good vibes from him at the store. And also the whole thing with his wife. That part was all excellent, unpredictable and original.

I agree, I also really liked last night's episode but thought it had not much to do with the commercials.  What was even the point of having the alternate family, I guess to show that she really needed the MRI.  Will there be more with the peanut?  And I am convinced but Tom doesn't agree that in the "faux" family, the youngest daughter was the same as in her actual family.

And after thinking more about it, I'm glad with the way it ended.  At first I was thinking, he's a totally different person, just let it go.  But if the thoughts were there in the MRI for her to pick up on, they were still a part of him deep down.  And when the wife said that he hated the desert and stayed away, it made me think that maybe the repression of his former life was more psychological than physiological.  What if the memories or urges had come back to him some time down the line and he killed his wife and others... all in all a good episode, but I hope that they resolve some of the unresolved peanut questions at some point in the future.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 07:42:46 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful if cold day here with no end in sight to the colder temperatures or blue skies (an Irving Berlin reference).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 07:47:21 AM »

Re MEDIUM:

spoiler- - - - - -

I wasn't unhappy with the conclusion. I think what was going to happen with the man was obvious and needed no explanation. There is no statute of limitations on murder, and while we don't know if his lawyer would try an insanity defense or if he'd just take his punishment, well, that's another story. We got the explanations to Allison's visions, and that's inevitably what MEDIUM is about.

The fake family, however, is still haunting, and I'm wondering if we've seen the last of them, or the last of the "peanut," as DR TPunk has speculated. I hope not. They've got to mean something.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »

Good Morning!

(from last night's late night posts)

DR DakotaCelt - Thank you. <blush>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 07:48:46 AM »

(still from last night's posts)

DR Jason - You're welcome.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 07:49:39 AM »

I forgot to mention yesterday that I have been to Television City once in my life. We went to LA in the 1960s, and we went to Art Linkletter's House Party. My uncle was even chosen as an audience participant for one of Art's audience participation sequences. He won an electric skillet for his participation.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:36 AM »

As promised library pix.  

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:40 AM »

Loved the photos posted last night by various DRs - the aqua photos and the ones from DAMN YANKEES. Thanks for those!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 07:51:12 AM »

I woke up still feeling under the weather.  Sigh... I guess going to the gym is out again today.  I just wouldn't want to risk it. ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »

That's a very inviting looking library. I'm sure you're enjoying it.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 07:51:40 AM »

More library

Charles Pogue

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 07:53:01 AM »

library 3

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 07:54:12 AM »

Well, it had to happen sometime. TOnight, at the 9:30 time slot, there will be FOUR shows that I regularly watching facing off against one another: SUPERNATURAL, HOUSE, SCRUBS, and ABC's special broadcast of CRUMBS.

So, those of you who like CRUMBS, don't forget that ABC is giving it a trial in this time slot tonight at 9:30 EST. It will also be on Thursday at 9:30 in its regular spot.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 07:54:23 AM »

Another angle
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up