Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: BRIGHT AND EARLY  (Read 19321 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:BRIGHT AND EARLY
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2006, 09:41:29 PM »

Ann and Jed, sounds like a fun time. I am often bewildered by getting around in SF. We shall have to try Stinking Rose next time TPunk and I are out there.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2006, 09:44:50 PM »

An LP cover for all to enjoy. The soundtrack to the Golan-Globus futuristic musical adventure. I know there are some fans on here.... THE APPLE

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2006, 09:46:39 PM »

By the way, George, I had no idea about Roslyn Kind. I wondered how someone as mediocre as she sounds on that particular LP could get a deal with RCA.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2006, 09:47:42 PM »

The Power of Rock...in 1994.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2006, 09:50:33 PM »

Fun time at a crazy crowded Target with Jose and TPunk today.

Then TPunk and I just got back from our friends on the Upper East Side, where we introduced them to Ben and Ant's "Initials" game.

Riding back it was clear that the snowfall is for real. The taxi was sliding through the streets.

MBarnum

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2006, 09:57:28 PM »

Snow on the east coast/sun on the west coast.

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2006, 09:59:21 PM »

Rodzinski, now that you are on a roll of movie watching you must someday get to that groovy 1960s Japanese spy film THE BLACK TIGHT KILLERS! Crazy man!

Of course don't neglect that Allison Hayes movie either...you ought to borrow Elmoore's THE UNDEAD.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2006, 10:04:30 PM »

BLACK TIGHT KILLERS is coming soon. I think I got a date with Allison Hayes first!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2006, 10:07:59 PM »

Good shopping vibes to DRGEORGE!  Congrats on getting your check!  I thought they said March!  Gives me hope!!

Thanks!  When I checked www.irs.gov the first time and saw the "receive money by March" date, it was more than two or so weeks after I had sent it in (by snail mail), so I thought that that would be enough time to get an accurate due date.  It wasn't.  I checked it again only a few days later and then it showed the updated due date of February 10.  I was very happy. ;D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2006, 10:15:14 PM »

And, yes, the Playbill was... well... informative.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2006, 10:17:18 PM »

-And, actually, after reading the interview with Paul Gemignani and his comments about being able to use a full, large orchestra for "Encores!', and how there's just no sound  like "that" nowadays... That's what made the mic'd-to-the-point-of-sounding-almost-canned sound of the orchestra a sort of letdown.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2006, 10:25:19 PM »

DR George, Watch your mail this upcoming week....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2006, 10:31:35 PM »

DRs Ann and Jed - Sounds like you had a wonderful road trip!  I'm hoping to get back to SF someday so that I can spend more than just 20 hours there.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2006, 10:39:46 PM »

DR George, Watch your mail this upcoming week....

Cool!  I sent your CD yesterday, too!  However, I didn't have any regular CD jewel cases, so I had to send it in a slim CD case...which means that I had to fold the endcard so that it would fit in the mailer.  I hope you don't mind.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2006, 10:42:34 PM »

Today, I drove my niece to Seattle to see "Imagine Me & You" (again) and it's still a cute movie, but I don't need to see it again.  I didn't need to see it this time, but I said that I would take her, so I did...and she paid.  Actually, I'm glad I did because afterwards, we went to Tower Records and I bought some stuff!  I bought the US release of the original London cast recording of Billy Elliot:  The Musical (it was on sale for $15.99, down from $19.99), the original London cast of Fings Ain't Wot They Used t'Be, the original cast album of Oh! Calcutta![/u] (I've had the video for quite a few years!) and "Broadway Unpluged," billed as the Original Off-Broadway Cast.  I also got a cheap "War of the Worlds" DVD (I can't find it on amazon.com) that includes a CD of the Orson Welles radio broadcast (it was cheap).  I also bought my niece a CD single of some singing group from England.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:43:27 PM by George »

George

« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2006, 10:43:49 PM »

We headed south to Renton and stopped at See's Candy.  Hilary (my niece) wanted some chocolates and marzipan for her mother (my sister) for Valentine's Day (yes, Jane, my sister loves marizpan, too!).  I got a few things. ;) Then we went to Silver Platters just a couple of blocks down, but didn't get anything there.  After that, we headed south again and stopped at Pepper at Ted Brown to see what music they had.  My niece almost bought the songbook to Wicked but didn't and I did buy the songbook to Light in the Piazza.  It was a total impulse purchase, because I could've gotten it $5 cheaper at amazon.com.  Oh, well.

George

« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »

When we got home, I found a package from amazon.com on my doorstep!  In it was "Broadway's Lost Treasures III" and the songbook (coincidentally) to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (it was an amazon gold box item...even cheaper!).

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »

And, yes, the Playbill was... well... informative.

;)

Aw go on! You're a kind soul, you are.

I'm not a big fan of seeing the orchestra myself, but I kinda liked watching Gemignani behind his dark glasses.

George

« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2006, 10:45:25 PM »

We also made a short stop (no baseball reference intended) to Krispy Kreme!  I haven't been there in quite a while.  We got half a dozen donuts.

And that was my day of spending.  When we were at Tower Records, there were probably five other CDs that I wanted to get, but I didn't.  Even though I just got my income tax refund and could have afforded it all, I felt like I was getting too much.  Maybe I have learned something from not having my credit cards for the last four years! ;)

George

« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

NOW - in the mail today was the CD of HMS PINAFORE recommended by DRELMORE....what fun....I want to listen to it.

Have you (or anyone) ever heard (or heard of) THIS version of G&S's HMS Pinfore?  According to the Product Description:

Original Cast recording of the World Premiere production. From HMS Pinfore by Gilbert & Sullivan, Adapted and Directed by Mark Savage. The Operetta is reset in the new gay Navy ("Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was a disaster, so president Al Gore is trying "Separate But Equal") They're docked in Palm Springs, CA. awaiting the arrival of their commander, the oh-so-PC Senator Barney Crank, Democrat of Maryland. Spicing up the mix are the only straight sailor on board, Dick Dockstrap, the Captain's dress-wearing son, Joseph, and three new cross-dressing recruits. When both the Senator and the naive Dick set their sights on Josephine, the complications ensue. An obsession is revealed, an Elopement foiled, a crime confessed, and a Happy Finale ends it all.

Here's the picture:

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2006, 11:01:37 PM »

Well... I believe I'm officially tired now, so... -And if I get up early enough, I believe DR Jason and I will be meeting in Central Park - the Bethesda Fountain - for a snowball fight around 11:00.  Come on!  Come all!

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2006, 11:05:34 PM »

Hello all!  I believe Jed and I forgot to inform you all that we would be E&T for a few days.  We decided to take a trip down to San Francisco to celebrate the last week of freedom before his job starts on Monday....

Sounds like you had a great time!!  Enjoy...and I hope all the pictures turn out! ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:16:42 PM by George »

George

« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2006, 11:13:28 PM »

By the way, George, I had no idea about Roslyn Kind. I wondered how someone as mediocre as she sounds on that particular LP could get a deal with RCA.

Maybe someone pulled some strings?? ;) Like I said, I've only heard her on the one song from "A Cabaret Noel" and I thought she had a lovely voice.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2006, 11:13:55 PM »

Cool!  I sent your CD yesterday, too!  However, I didn't have any regular CD jewel cases, so I had to send it in a slim CD case...which means that I had to fold the endcard so that it would fit in the mailer.  I hope you don't mind.

NO problem... I was in the same boat... As long as it is protected...

I have  funny story... When I went to burn yours, I grabbed three cds I did nto notice until after I burned them, that they were same color as the original cd!!! So, they are color coordinated!!!   On the Kevin Locke CD, the liner notes are in Siouan and English.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2006, 11:15:42 PM »

I have  funny story... When I went to burn yours, I grabbed three cds I did nto notice until after I burned them, that they were same color as the original cd!!! So, they are color coordinated!!!   On the Kevin Locke CD, the liner notes are in Siouan and English.

Cool!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2006, 11:23:07 PM »

Cool!

I have seen Kevin Locke perform several times. He is an incredible hoop dancer.... I usually feel very out of place and get a LOT of looks when he performs for there are some in the crowds that do not trust the whites in the crowd...

Sad in a way but I do understand the reasoning. I am intringued and I enjoy the music...  I like to explore different cultures, music...

I want to do it as long as I am able to still hear even if it is not the greatest.... Love to sing but cant hear the notes anymore so i do it in the safety of my shower or my car!

George

« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2006, 11:44:16 PM »

Well, even though it's really close to the changing of the day, I must depart and go to sleep.  I'm also a little cold, so I want to wrap myself in my covers in my bed.  Goodnight, DakotaCelt and Jed...and Tomovoz!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2006, 12:10:54 AM »

Back from the show and dinner and shall now write the notes.  Stand by.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up