Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: EGGPLANT CUTLETS  (Read 20677 times)

MBarnum

Re:EGGPLANT CUTLETS
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 07:17:17 AM »

As a kid my little brother and I always thought a Swanson's TV dinner was quite a treat! Particularly the Chinese dinner ones.

Although I rarely eat a TV dinner now I was partial to those Hungry Man dinners. When I find them cheap, I do stock up on those low carb frozen dinners for when there just isn't time to fix something else.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 07:17:21 AM »

I'll probably start with CARDS ON THE TABLE since I've never seen it. If there's time, I'll segue into I REMEMBER MAMA. If not, that will keep for tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2006, 07:18:22 AM »

I have some errands to run today, too, including mailing some DVD-Rs and shopping for sale item cleaning supplies (I do go through the stuff pretty fast!)

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:48 AM »

Page 3 TV dinner dance!

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »

I've never liked the frozen dinners very much though I will say that the taste of them has been improved greatly over the years. They're not nearly as inedible as they once were.

Of the frozen entrees that one can buy, I think Michalena's items are very tasty and very reasonably priced compared to Lean Cuisine. I don't often eat these, but if I'm in a show, sometimes, they're just the right amount of food to have for lunch on a performance day. A real meal is usually eaten after the performance.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2006, 07:24:49 AM »

Last night, DR George in writing about GOLDEN BOY said:

"I just checked my copy and I have the VAS-2124 (mono) edition, as well as the BK re-issue.  There is a noticeable difference between the two versions.  Of course, the album being in mono and having lots of pops throughout the whole thing doesn't help.  And either my record changes speed by itself or some songs are in different keys.  "Night Song" is a half-step lower on the Cd.  On the next song, "Everything's Great", both versions are in the same key.  Hmm....  On the third song, "Gimme Some," the album is in a lower key as well as "Stick Around," but that sounds like it's a third lower.  What gives?"

I suspect the keys were altered to help Sammy get through the numbers. Remember in the COMPANY documentary, they tried to help Elaine Stritch get through the initial recording by taking "The Ladies Who Lunch" down a key so her voice wouldn't sound so strained trying to make notes that vocal exhaustion was making it difficult for her to get to?

I suspect the same things were going on here.

When I auditioned for THE SECRET GARDEN, I had been singing along with the cast recording (Robert Westenberg's role) thinking the range was manageable for me. At the audition, it became obvious that for the recording, they had taken  "Lily's Eyes" down a step.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:11 AM »

I've never liked the grocery store purchased Chinese food. It never tastes nearly as good to me as that cooked at a Chinese restaurant. Why is that?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:44 AM »

I saw this cartoon regarding the port situation... just thought I'd share....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2006, 07:29:11 AM »

And tonight, of course, besides the short programs for the ladies on the Olympics, we have the twelve semifinal ladies singing complete songs for us for the first time on AMERICAN IDOL.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2006, 07:53:35 AM »

Happy, happy birthday DR Matthew!!! Hope it is a great one!

My, it is certainly tempting to do a little image editing on that card.

But this here being the family site that it is, I wouldn't dream of it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2006, 07:55:10 AM »

I thought the same thing, DR Dan, but you're right!  :D

DR MBarnum has the BEST storehouse of birthday and other celebration cards!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAP-HAP-HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR MATTHEW  ! ! ! ! ! [/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2006, 07:55:56 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm currently on "Good Son" duty.  One of the heat pump units here broke down, and since heat is a good thing at this time of the year.  So, I'm waiting for the repair man to show up...

-Oh!... He's here...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2006, 07:56:25 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Well, I got seven hours of sleep, I think.  Or was it six?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2006, 07:57:02 AM »

...Oooohh... And he's cute!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm currently on "Good Son" duty.  One of the heat pump units here broke down, and since heat is a good thing at this time of the year.  So, I'm waiting for the repair man to show up...

-Oh!... He's here...

Boy this site is good at getting plumbers to show!

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »

...Oooohh... And he's cute!

;D

When I had the new dishwasher installed a year or so ago, the installer was to die for! And very nice, too.  Alas, he made no moves, and I certainly didn't.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2006, 08:03:16 AM »

Well, I'm going to head down now to get ready to run those errands.

WBBL.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2006, 08:04:27 AM »

Mawnin!

Ohhhh, sunshine!! Gosh, I got back from the frozen NorthWoods to face freezing temps here in LA! Wha??? Seems a little warmer today. Maybe it's just this flu thing hangin' on that makes everything feel soooo cold...

Well, onward. I'm feeling better and the sun is shining so brightly. And it's Spring here!!! Huzzah!

Happy happy happy birthday, Matthew!!! Hope it's sunny where you are.

I remember frozen TV dinners on little TV trays when we were wee things. My mom could get us to eat just about anything if it was on a tray in front of The Box. Little mush brain robots, we were. Now, microwave fan that I am, I love those veggie lasagnas and microwave-in-a-pouch things you get in great quantities from Costco.
PennyO

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2006, 08:05:26 AM »

I hope the Vixter doesn't get wind of this story, she has been agitating for a sibling and I keep explaining I am too old

REDDING, Calif. (Feb. 18) - A 62-year-old woman gave birth Friday to a healthy 6-pound, 9-ounce baby boy, becoming one of the oldest women in the world to successfully bear a child.

Janise Wulf gave birth to her 12th child. She is also a grandmother of 20 and a great-grandmother of three.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2006, 08:08:38 AM »

Well, while he's puttering around outside and in the attic...

Ah!  Frozen foods.  I go through phases with them.  I'll go a couple of weeks or months without having any, and then I'll be walking down the frozen food aisle...

Growing up, pot pies were always a favorite.  -And I always thought the main difference between the turkey and the chicken ones were the gravy - not the meat.  -All those cubes of processed poultry.  But my favorite part was always the crust.  I would dig out the filling, saving the crunchy top crust for last.

Healthy Choice makes some decent "healthy" frozen dinners and entrees, but there's still nothing like Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese.  *And sometimes I would improvise a "Tuna Glop" by stirring in a can of tuna fish to the just out of the oven tray of cheesey goodness.

The frozen foods I buy regularly nowadays are the various rice bowls from Trader Joe's.  I really like the Lemon Grass Chicken with Green Beans - very healthy, and low in sodium (surprisingly so).

Oh... And frozen blueberries, spinach and broccoli are usually staples in my freezer.  -In separate packages, not together in some strange combo.  ;)  -Although, spinach and broccoli is not abad combo.
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2006, 08:08:42 AM »

I was meant to have an audition on Saturday - I had geared up for it, though I was still coughing and my voice wasn't working and i was gonna be the Game Little Trouper about it... but Friday night, They called and asked if I minded terribly to put it off a week, and come in NEXT Saturday - they were having some scheduling problems (which maybe meant they finally were going to get AWAY for a holiday weekend... or that everyone else was going away for said weekend...). Upshot - I get another whole week to find a voice in here somewhere and actually rehearse some sort of an audition.

Hey, Bruce - what time are you going to be hangin' out this afternoon? Can I come by and borrow The Disc? I would, of course, bring offerings of enormous gratitude. Plus, I am not contagious...
PennyO

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2006, 08:09:29 AM »

When I had the new dishwasher installed a year or so ago, the installer was to die for! And very nice, too.  Alas, he made no moves, and I certainly didn't.

It could be risky making a move...read this story....

SALEM, Ore. (Feb. 16) - It may have been a borderline call, but it was still a third strike. The Oregon Court of Appeals on Wednesday upheld a ruling that sent Nicholas Meyrovich to life in prison under a 2001 three-strikes law. Meyrovich got his third strike, a felony sex offense, for delivering an unwanted kiss.

Meyrovich, in his appeal, claimed that a life sentence for the kiss violated the Oregon Constitution's ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Meyrovich, 60, an exterminator, was inspecting the home of a Salem woman in October 2003 when he suddenly grabbed her and kissed her. The woman pushed Meyrovich away, but he took hold of her again and sucked her on the neck, stopping when a neighbor walked in.

Meyrovich was later convicted of first-degree sexual abuse, which under Oregon law requires the forcible touching of the "sexual or other intimate parts" of another person.

Meyrovich argued that the neck is not an intimate part of the body; the court disagreed.

"In ordinary social intercourse, one adult does not touch the neck of another adult outside of intimate relationships, at least not without some unusual but reasonable justification," Judge David Schuman wrote for the panel that decided the case.

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »

I was meant to have an audition on Saturday - I had geared up for it, though I was still coughing and my voice wasn't working and i was gonna be the Game Little Trouper about it... but Friday night, They called and asked if I minded terribly to put it off a week, and come in NEXT Saturday - they were having some scheduling problems (which maybe meant they finally were going to get AWAY for a holiday weekend... or that everyone else was going away for said weekend...). Upshot - I get another whole week to find a voice in here somewhere and actually rehearse some sort of an audition.

Hey, Bruce - what time are you going to be hangin' out this afternoon? Can I come by and borrow The Disc? I would, of course, bring offerings of enormous gratitude. Plus, I am not contagious...

Excellent news!!! ~~~Healthy Voice Vibes~~~

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:10 AM »

Jose!! Frozen blueberries!! Yes! I go to the U-Pick near me, a wondrous old orchard/grove in late August, nearly every day, to pick blueberries and freeze them. For desserts I whiz frozen berries in a blender with two teaspoons of sugar and about a quarter cup of half-and-half!!! Yummmmmm!
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:18 AM »

DR vixmom - Slow day at the office?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2006, 08:12:27 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR MATTHEW!!![/i]
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »

Vixmom!! Thanks! I did last week's audition in worse shape - I tend to have a cast iron throat - but i like to be closer to HEALTHY for an audition! Egad, the number of shows I did with laryngitis - you cancel, you can't afford your apartment!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:06 AM »

Gotta admit, on Friday I was looking for folks who might have some prednisone or decadron or medrol handy...
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

Well... He's still doing something... Checked the air intake in the attic... Then had to trip the circuit breaker... Another trip outside...  hmm...

If he's not done here by Noon, I'm probably not going to head back up to NYC until tonight, probably around 7:00.  I do not want to hit the Lincoln Tunnel nor the George Washington Bridge at rush hour.

However, there are a couple of things I could and should take care of while I'm waiting... Hmm...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up