Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ERSATZ SCALLIONS  (Read 23495 times)

Tomovoz

Re:ERSATZ SCALLIONS
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2006, 08:49:34 PM »

Caramel Sutra ice-cream.. A favourite with the Caramelite nuns I believe.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2006, 08:50:23 PM »

Have we already discussed the ice cream flavor Caramel Sutra?

Not sure, have we??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

I thought it was only the population of South Dakota that were considered "rank".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2006, 08:51:28 PM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2006, 08:52:08 PM »

Not sure, have we??

I know we have. That's my mom's new favorite ice cream flavor.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2006, 08:52:58 PM »

I thought it was only the population of South Dakota that were considered "rank".

Unfortunately we can smell htem...

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:18 PM »

Right now I'm supposed to be doing my homework. So why am I posting here? Because I don't feel like doing my homework, that's why.

I'm glad Danise is doing well. I know I didn't post, but I was still sending vibes.

I don't have a whole lot more to say. Not much has happened lately in the way of interesting things, except that 28 kindergarteners and seven teachers went on a field trip yesterday and rode my bus. I sat next to a five-year-old named Diandra who really liked to talk.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:48 PM »

The Caramelite Nuns have a convent in Phoenix?
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »

Isn't Charlotte Greenwood in WEEKEND IN HAVANA?  Or am I thinking about another movie....and it's got some horseracing or something in it?

That's DOWN ARGENTINE WAY with Grable, Ameche, and Miranda. HAVANA has Faye, Payne, and Miranda. I find it a more entertaining movie than DOWN ARGENTINE WAY.

PIN UP GIRL is WAY down the list of Grable pictures, I think.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »

A LONG evening of TV, but I enjoyed all of it, well, most of it.

Beginning with the endless AMERICAN IDOL one hour results show (that could give the results in two minutes if they wanted). If there had been ANYTHING else on of interest, I would have watched it.

But I stuck it out.

spoilers - - - -

No surprise in the women's eliminations. After I read the "scandal" of Becky's magazine posing, I knew the producers would want to get rid of her. And Stevie, whom I disliked intensely the other night, deserved to go. I'm just sorry Brenna wasn't the other woman eliminated.

I was susprised at Patrick's elimination. No, he wouldn't have won, not enough personality, but the voice was pleasant, and I'm sorry he didn't have more impact. I certainly called Bobby's elimination. He shouldn't have made it to the semifinals.

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »

CSI repeated a rather bizarre case from earlier in the season. Gave me the creeps the first time I saw it, and it was creepy this time, too, but also quite a sad story of loss.

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2006, 09:22:54 PM »

Then, I settled in with Olympic skating.

spoilers - - - - -

I was proud of Emily Hughes and her skate and final placement. If she sticks with it, she can certainly work her way up into the top bracket of skaters. She has the potential to do well.

The Canadian skater was my favorite of the evening (apart from the Japanese champion, of course). I thought the Canadian (sorry, I can't remember her name) was lyrical, smooth, and steady on the ice. If she hadn't had a poor short program, I would not have been surprised to see her on the podium.

I think Kimmie Meisner's program was a tiny bit undervalued. I think I might have placed her ahead of Fumie in the final results. Fumie had the jumps but was gawky and not very pleasing to watch.

As the judges said, I admired Sasha fighting, fighting, fighting back from the bad opening jumps. And it was lucky that the second half of her program was flawless in the jumps since that's where the bonus points acrue. Unluckily for Slutskya, doubling the combination and falling on the triple loop in the second half robbed her of two opportunities for bonuses that surely would have lifted her to silver.

She did the exact same thing four years ago. She skated last, and the gold medal was within her grasp with Kwan falling on her triple loop, and she just didn't deliver in the long program then, and she failed again this time to take advantage of others' lost opportunities.

I have to say, Irina seems like a nice person and a brave individual to continue fighting through all the adversities she's been facing in her life, but I find her skating abrupt, jerky, and unengaging. I was delighted she wasn't awarded a gold medal on her reputation alone.

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2006, 09:25:46 PM »

And now, I need to go to bed. I'm having lunch with my fella tomorrow and would like not to look like death warmed over (which is what the power company seems to see me as being).

I'll explain that mix-up tomorrow when my eyes aren't slamming shut.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2006, 09:57:54 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I'm almost completey done "De-Nick-efying" my room here - I just need to store some shoes and outerwear - just gonna throw it all in one big plastic storage bin.  And the plastic storage bin was the one that I used to bring up the rest of my clothes, and since I got my dresser drawers lined, and the clothes put away, I can use the bin to store the rest of Nick's stuff.  In other words, I had a very productive afternoon.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2006, 10:04:09 PM »

After getting my room in order, I went ahead and headed to Columbus Circle and walked over to MTI's offices to meet up with DR Jason.  We then took the bus down to 23rd and 9th, and walked over to Chelsea Clearview Cinemas for tonight's showing of "Funny Lady".  Well...

Neither of us had seen the movie before....  What a crazy, excessive - and long - mess of a movie this is.  However, seeing it with "the Chelsea crowd" was a hoot - and made the two hours and 15 minutes fly by.  -Each costume got applause, and someone even took a pic during the opening of the "Good Day" number.  -And, boy, is that quite the musical extravaganza! ;)  And the old age make-up and that wig(!) for the final scene...  The whole theatre just could not stop giggling.

Alas, Hedda Lettuce was not there tonight - she's apparently in Europe right now.  -Hmm... Wonder if she's at the Olympics.  ;)  However, the manager did a nice emcee job, and with the length of the movie, the shorter pre-show was a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2006, 10:05:14 PM »

OH!  And DR Jason was one of the door prize winners tonight too!  So... We'll be seeing Measure for Pleasure tomorrow night at The Public.

So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »

DRs elmore, TPunk, Rodzinksi, Ben, Ant... et al...

DR Jason gets off work at 5:30 tomorrow. We're probably going to have dinner at the Renaissance Diner, then train to Astor Place...

Come one, Come all!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »

Of course, after the movie, we headed down 8th Avenue to get some dinner.  We ended up at Better Burger where we had, what else?, burgers.  -And their very good and very yummy Better Fries - which are baked (organic, Yukon Golds).

And then came Magnolia... Banana Pudding and Cupcakes.  Sooooo good.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2006, 10:23:57 PM »

OH!

:o

And I was "warned" about this, but did not believe until I saw it with my own eyes...

If you thought she was wicked in Wicked, well, here she is being naughty!

You may have to click on GIRLS for the full article and photo-spread.  Consider yourself warned.

:o
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »

Jose, I'm doing laundry after work tonight. I often do it on Friday after work so we have the full weekend to ourselves but I'm seeing Barefoot in the Park tomorrow with my theatre buddies. I'm intrigued only because the show has gotten such mixed to awful reviews. Anthony has dance class tonight.

I'm looking forward to the March line up at Chelsea. The Bad Seed with Hedda and company. Even better, The Women with Hedda and company. Since Thursday night dance classes have resumed Anthon will most likely miss the Chelsea Classics nights unless he can be persuaded to skip a night of dance for a night of fun at the movies.

Well, it's good to know that Ant's foot/leg is feeling better/recovered.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2006, 10:50:10 PM »

Well last time he took some me time he was gone for over a year!

Tell him we all said hi!

I did.  And he says HI back!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »

Oh, you must go see BERSERK when it shows! That one is a hoot!

I would love to see both "Hush.. Hush..." and "Berserk" at the Chelsea Clearview Cinemas - Where Dreams Come True - but, alas, I'll be in the throes of Lestat.

*I start back officially three weeks from today!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2006, 10:56:42 PM »

Good Health Vibes for DR Jane'sDH Keith!

-And Good Immunity Vibes for DR Jane!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2006, 11:12:09 PM »

What music would other DR's use for their long programs in the Olympic Ice Skating competition?

The Overture to She Loves Me or South Pacific.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2006, 11:15:47 PM »

In my best librarian voice:  Sssshhhh  ;)

Ssshh

Sssssshhhh

Sssssssshhhh

Sssshh

Sssshhhh

Sssssssssssshhhhh
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2006, 11:29:54 PM »

Besides that, I've been on the phone for a good part of the morning trying to convince the power company that I'm not deceased. Lots of fun convincing people you're alive when they insist you're not.

Well... If they think you're dead, and you're still getting electricity to your house... Well... That's not such a bad deal, is it?

;)

Or...

cue spooky music

They see dead people.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2006, 11:34:42 PM »

EM I LEE!   EM I LEE! EM I LEE!

Just cheering on the local girl......

As we were dining at Better Burger earlier tonight, they had two TVs on in the place.  One was set to Fox - for "American Idol" and "Skating with the Stars" - Scott Hamilton was on two networks tonight - and the other was set to the Olympics.  People were stopping outside the window and looking in to watch the ice skating.  Only in Chelsea.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2006, 11:45:20 PM »

It seems that DR Jose does indeed have his way with hard drives.

Just too, too many ways to respond to this.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2006, 11:45:59 PM »

OOhh.. I believe I'm in the middle of a certified frenzy!

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2006, 11:48:27 PM »

Finally back from the theater and a late supper.  The show was weird - like a line-through with blocking, with everything a beat off.  Not low energy, really, but just perfunctory and without personality.  We'll get there early tomorrow night and work some stuff to get them back into the personality of the piece.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up