Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: OY AND VEY  (Read 22493 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:OY AND VEY
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2006, 10:41:49 PM »

You're right MBarnum. Well here is one anyway. Janet Stover's EASY NOW. I have tried to no avail to find any info about this woman. The LP is from 1976 or so. There are at least three outstanding tracks on there that Carole King would have liked to have written. And the LP concludes with a song called "Too Much Production and Not Enough Song" about overproduction in music. Very trenchant and funny.

What complicates my search is that there is a rodeo personality named Janet Stover who has actually recorded a couple songs. I contacted her, and she said she wasn't the Janet Stover of this LP. So, not much can be done. It was produced in Dallas in a little studio.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2006, 10:43:07 PM »

I'm surprised Tammy doesn't get hurt more often. She takes a beating.

I am surprised she doesnt also...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2006, 10:45:45 PM »

You should have mail this week Rodzinski!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »

Good to know, TovO!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2006, 12:20:46 AM »

I'm back from a lovely day and evening, about which more later in the notes, which I shall now write and post in about twenty minutes.

Re Tammy - the scene in question is carefully choreographed - every beat of every movement right down to hand gestures.  The problem with this current thing actually happened before the choreographed part when Matt just forgot where he was and did something early - that's the way people get hurt.  Tammy told me that tonight's performance was very good.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2006, 12:28:04 AM »

DR STephanie also went to the play tonight and said the saem thing.. She even chatted with Tammy.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »

I'm listening to my MP3 watch and it has really good sound.  And like my first watch, the song order is all over the place. :P It seems to be totally random.  Well, at least I can listen for 16 hours without a repeat...a recharge of the battery, yes, but no repeat. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up