Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broadway Radio Show  (Read 18407 times)

Michael

Broadway Radio Show
« on: December 02, 2003, 08:09:51 PM »

I was wondering what could be done about the long pauses between clips on the radio show.

Can any of the following be done?

1) Change the program from real player to another one?

2) Record the show as one long clip?
Never stop dreaming.

Mr. Mark Bakalor

• Administrator
  • SAG / AFTRA
    • mark, my words
Re:Broadway Radio Show
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 02:11:48 AM »

As I've explained previously to members both privately and within daily threads, the reason the Radio show now has relatively long wait times between tracks of songs and dialogue is the host that service that this website is currently being hosted by does not offer the services I offer my clients at hijinks.

The current HHW webhost does not have a Real Media server and that means the radio show is being streamed in a manner that is less precise and causes more problems with lag and down time.

The only solution is to have the Radio Show hosted on a server with a Real Media server. A large amount of hosts don't offer this service as the cost of a Real Media server is in the many thousands of dollars range. I purchased this technology for my company and my clients benefit from that purchase. :)

Any sort of audio streaming will suffer if forced to stream via the regular http standard (as opposed to via a media server specifically designed for the purpose of streaming media). Recording the show as one large clip will merely add additional problems to the streaming of the show, especially on a server without a Real Media server.

Michael

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 01:32:15 PM »

So does this server offer any kind of streaming other than Real Audio that might be used in its place? Or nothing?
Never stop dreaming.

Mr. Mark Bakalor

• Administrator
  • SAG / AFTRA
    • mark, my words
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 01:35:11 PM »

Nope. Just what we have now.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 11:12:04 AM »

Ooops!  I just created a new thread on this topic, unaware there was always a thread.  So I'll post my message here and delete it from the other thread.  I think....

I posted this on the Radio Show discussion board some time back with no answer.  I'm sure there are other people who have trouble listening.  This is to be expected at home, where I have a dial-up connection, but I can no longer listen from work now, where I have a high-speed connection.

Explorer gives me "XML error", and when I use Netscape, RealPlayer tells me it needs to upload new software to play the file, I click YES, and it says "No software available."  

I am running Windows XP.

In brief:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!

"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers
Pages: [1]   Go Up