Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING MY OATS  (Read 21649 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:FEELING MY OATS
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »

This morning I was reading an old review of the Al Pacino THE MERCHANT OF VENICE (which I never saw in theaters or on cable before), and lo and behold, it came on one of the HBO channels tonight, so I got the DVR to pick it up, and I'll watch it over the next few days. Wonderful looking cast.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]Page 8 Dance!!![/size][/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2006, 08:52:56 PM »

Heading for bed myself now.

Have a good evening, everyone!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2006, 08:54:26 PM »

Question for ASK BK day....

Did you ever meet Lucille Ball?

And if so, what were your impressions?

My cousin used to have Miss Ball over for backgammon all the time, but, sadly I never got to meet her (Miss Ball - I met my cousin).

TCB: I believe Chicago was always called Chicago.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2006, 08:56:52 PM »

Speaking of awful inappropriate musical scores, tonight I saw a film with a doozy - and it actually stops this particular film from being a minor classic, that's how bad it is and how good the film is.  I'll talk about it in the notes.

FJL

« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »

Skip is fighting off a flu and went to bed early, so I'm typing very lightly so as not to disturb him.

FJL

« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2006, 09:14:46 PM »

One of my favorite musical themes from a merely-pretty-good movie is the theme for VIVA MAX.  I keep thinking it's a flawed enough film with an intriguing premise (a general tries to recapture the Alamo to impress a woman) that it might make a good musical, but when people watch the film with that in mind, they just don't see it.  

FJL

« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »

Meaning they don't see the musical possibilities, they do of course see the film.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2006, 10:11:06 PM »

No posts in an hour.  How unseemly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:23 PM »

Just got home from work... Working on an abstract and bib for a paper I am owrking on that is due tomorrow

Lots of sources for my topic that I doing. Plains indian images in mass media as observed in Native and Euro-American lenses....

Going on another movie hunt this weekend

Cheyenne Autumn
Windwalker

Going to borrow Centennial and several westerns from a freind.... As interesting as Centennial was, I do have issues with it...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2006, 10:51:02 PM »

Where is USC located???
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »

I am also hoping to locate Powwow Highway this weekend...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

There was a lightning flash practically right above my house and then thunder and my power blinked.  My computer restarted and I had to start it all up again.  It's been a long time since I've seen lightning in this area.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2006, 11:19:42 PM »

There was a lightning flash practically right above my house and then thunder and my power blinked.  My computer restarted and I had to start it all up again.  It's been a long time since I've seen lightning in this area.

That is unusual for your part of the country.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2006, 11:26:55 PM »

Was just reading the sources cited of this dissertation that the UND had received as a gift from the man wh did it as part of his doctoral work at USC.

I am suspecting that USC also must have a sizeable film collection. I knew UCLA did but from what I am gathering USC must also have a sizeable on.

Couple of other libraries that have sizeable telly collections outside of the Museum of Television and they are the Library of Popular Culture are Bowling Green and the other is the University of Wisconsin at Madison...

For those who are sci fi fans, the Library of Popular culture has one of the largest collections of science fiction.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2006, 12:00:11 AM »

Well, it seems to have stopped raining and thundering and lightning.  Earlier this evening, there was a minute or two of a light snow!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up