Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CLOCK STRUCK TWELVE  (Read 52247 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE CLOCK STRUCK TWELVE
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2006, 08:38:13 PM »

And remember that muscle weighs more than fat.  Just because the numbers on the scale may not have changed from one week to the next, that does not mean you haven't lost any fat.  Trust the way your clothes fit (better).
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2006, 08:45:03 PM »

That would be great JRand55, about the Don Burnett photos if you have them!! Thankyou!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2006, 08:45:14 PM »

DR Jose,
thanks for all the advice.  I've been way into sugar lately, so I'm going to try to give that up for starters. We'll see. And I have my treatmill set up. I'm having a lot of heel pain, so I'm waiting until that heals to start really working out. It's getting better, but isn't quite there yet

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2006, 08:47:20 PM »

I have to have built up some muscle during the move.  I've lifter, moved, demolished, you name it. But I also ate and ate and ate....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »

I could take it, DRJOSE....but I don't know about the mirror.

:)

Well... It took me a while to get used to the mirror, but it really does work. It helped me to accept and be comfortable with my "before" body.  As you find things to improve, you also make note of the things you like about your body.  And as the weight started to come off and the muscles started to tone up, the visual proof just added to my motivation.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2006, 08:54:09 PM »

OH!!!  And one other diet-related tip...  No food after 7:00 - or 8:00 - depending on your schedule.  This is really hard, but it does help your body's digestive system get on a schedule.  You wake up hungry, but that's actually a good thing.  It makes you eat breakfast, which, as they say, is the most important meal of the day.  If you must eat after 7:00 or 8:00, try to make it some protein - half(!) a container of yogurt, a spoonful of peanut butter.  It's amazing how satisfying that small amount of food can be.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »

OOOH!!!!!

And the usual advice... Be sure to consult with your physician before proceeding with any diet and exercise regime.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:55:23 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2006, 08:56:45 PM »

...And if you do opt to have something sweet, make it "real" sweet - real sugar.  No aspartame, no saccharin, etc.  Keep it all as natural as possible.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »

Thank you, again....I'm hoping you would get me motivated and it seems to be working...

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2006, 09:01:39 PM »

Time to get to sleep. The weather is getting bad, but I doubt it will be bad enough for a late start.

FJL

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »

Jose's tip about the mirror reminds me of that Michael Jackson song:

I'm talking with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his weight

Or something like that....

FJL

« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »

Reminders in tonight's posts of a couple of GET SMART episode titles:

THE TEQUILA MOCKINGBIRD

DO I HEAR A VAULTS?

And from some post a few days ago, anyone remember:

THE MESS OF ADRIAN LISTINGER

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2006, 09:06:29 PM »

Well... I need to be up "early" tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2006, 09:06:44 PM »

And who can forget Lehman Engel's expression for when the sentiment would be laid on too thick.  IIRC, he called it "piling Damon upon Pythias."

FJL

« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2006, 09:11:59 PM »

That last post of mine was a reference to an earlier Damon and Pythias post, not to Jose's goodnight post.

FJL

« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »

Well, I'm almost at post #1500...

FJL

« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2006, 09:13:16 PM »

...so I might as well get there.

FJL

« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2006, 09:16:37 PM »

I did no, count-em, no tax returns today.  But I did write a pretty nice research memo for a return someone else in the office is doing that's due March 15.

Three more days until March 15, the corporate tax deadline, then a relatively calm week or so, until the mad rush begins towards April 17.  

FJL

« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2006, 09:21:22 PM »

They're calling for ugly weather on Friday here in NYC.  Hope there's no ice remaining for Saturday, since we're planning to take a day trip to Toronto on Saturday to see the live onstage LORD OF THE RINGS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »

It's the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2006, 11:00:09 PM »

Back is being very, very irritable tonight so I am suspecting I am not going to get much sleep

Cleaning some old discs up... Did not realized I had 60 discs of Wave files.......

IN the days of old Prodigy u could use wav files in chat... It was rather fun to do that especially with some wav files to show expression or opinion and I have some dandies....

Ranging from Lumberjack to the CanCan to a few less than ladylike wavs
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »

finding that some discs will not open in windows xp....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2006, 11:04:16 PM »

Thank god Hallelujah......

I did save an important email of gen research.... I thought i had lost it when the old puter croaked....

Doing happy dance!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2006, 11:09:16 PM »

taht email only put part of my dad's line back to 1530!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2006, 11:19:57 PM »

only bk and I!!

definitely the "day of the Wussburgers!!"

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2006, 12:03:13 AM »

I got back from doing wardrobe for The Acting Company's 3 Musketeers and it was a lot of fun.  The wardrobe person, Wendy, was a very nice person and made the whole day very easy.  The actors (I didn't work with any of the actresses) were all very nice and polite (and nice to look at ;)).  There were three of us from Olympia working wardrobe and one of the actors said that Val (one of us Olympians) made his most difficult quick change the easiest that he's had the entire tour!  They loved us!  AND Wendy was so nice that she gave us each $5 and said to have a beer on the cast!  I don't know about Alyssa, but neither Val nor I drink...but they don't have to know that. ;D

I did get to see a few scenes and the show was very good.  I really would have like to have seen the whole thing, but oh, well...I'll get paid for this!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2006, 12:04:18 AM »

I'm just starting on Page 5, so it'll be a little bit before I totally ketchup with all of the posts...but I'm reading as fast as I can!  I wanted to post tonight, so that's what I did. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up