Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LATE, LATE SHOW  (Read 55098 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE LATE, LATE SHOW
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 10:56:23 AM »

OH!  And the weather outside is glorious!  I guess the East and West Coasts traded seasonable weather conditions this weekend.

*And I hope DR Ron Pulliam and his friends out in San Francisco are safe and out of harm's way this morning.   I heard reports about a couple of major traffic accidents due to the snow and ice this morning.

All present and accounted for here in Oakland.  Yes, there was a massive 30-car pileup on the road into Marin just past the Golden Gate bridge...someone skidded on the accumulated ICE (told y'all we were having some cold weather!!).  I have heard that a couple of people died in that incident.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 10:56:47 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 4--PAGE 4--PAGE 4[/move]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 10:58:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »

...Yesterday I gave Bear his usual morning thyroid pill in one of those little sausages.  I always hide it in one half so both he and Brandi were treated equal—she always got the other half. ...
DR Danise - Thank-you for giving Brandi the loving home she needed.  You made her world a much better place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »

I'm way behind, no way can I catch up without taking a few hours, and I don't have the time right now because there's too much work to do here in the house.

And then I'll be at work until closing.

Until much later...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

Danise - vibes for you, my dear, and PLEASE rest yourself.  If your surgery was abdominal, as I think it was, you really need to let those muscles rest.  I had that ovary(plus cyst) removed last year, and I well remember how incapacitated it left me.

Moving is going along well.  The weather gods have smiled on me, and the air is cool but dry, with a few sun breaks to make life interesting.  Yesterday we had, in order, sun with high winds, rain, snow, hail, freezing rain, thunder and lightning, then back to sun and VERY cold...go figure.  

François de Paris

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2006, 12:22:26 PM »

At least it wasn't me this time.

... who needed scrubbing and cleaning?? :o ;D

Pardon my... effrontery! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »

Well, pussy problems are certainly something you and DR MBarnum have in common.  It is good to see you up and about this early.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!! :o ;)  (Effrontery #2!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2006, 12:25:24 PM »

Back from my travels.  She of the Evil Eye is gone and I can relax for the rest of the day.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »

Danise, I'm very sorry to hear about Brandi. :'(

~~~Best Vibes for You!!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2006, 12:38:23 PM »

I could leave the satellie dish alone until tomorrow and I think that I will.  

Gee, I wish it was a year ago.  It was only about a week from now we were all in NY.   :)

Oh, and I have to tell you all about the weird dream I had last night.  You'll never guess who came to visit me.....................Of all people, John Denver!  

I do like his music but I was never a big fan so it's odd that I would dream of him.  

It's just that, in spite of the fact that you're NOT a fan of his, John Denver IS a fan of yours!! :)

Healing vibes!
Brandi's in Dog Heaven!

François de Paris

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2006, 12:41:06 PM »

Anyone know off the top of yer head which number was the BIG Judy Kaye song from On The Twentieth Century, which Fearless Leader alluded to in his column this mawnin'?

Fearless Leader!!  (... who "fears" the Evil Eye!!)

I love that! :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 12:41:23 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »

Our bird walk was rained out today. Good news, actually.

BK should write a song with that title:

Our Bird Walk Was Rained Out Today!

... unless Comden and Green wrote it already ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »

BK,

Judy Kaye was not at the Party because... we had a date!
(Ooops! I hope Mr Green does not read this!)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2006, 12:57:02 PM »

Favorite Comden and Green songs:

Be a Santa
Better Than a Dream
Call me Savage
Conga!
If You Hadn't But You Did
I'm Going Back
Just In Time
Make Someone Happy
My Own Morning
Never Met a Man I Didn't Like
No Man Left For Me
Ohio
One Hundred Easy Ways
Our Private World
Repent
Sextet (from On the Twentieth Century)
Thanks a Lot But No Thanks
The Usher from the Mezannine
Witches' Brew
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2006, 01:06:09 PM »

And on that note, I am going to mop the floor.

You must be channeling DR MattH, no doubt! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »

One of my favourite Comden & Green songs:

There he goes as usual, my man. Breaking my foolish heart. I really don’t know what to do about him… I’ve told my self I’ve got to do without him…

There he goes as usual, my man. Tearing my heart apart. He’s made my life a mess. I’ve got to do this I guess… Goodbye, Joe, from here I kiss you. Goodbye, Joe, I hope I don’t miss you.

*Pistol sound*

IF: you had been on the square, and had treated me fair, and we’d not had a tiff…
IF: you had not said I should go and jump right off the nearest cliff! IF: You had stayed off the make, and you never had taken to coming home stiff.
IF: I hand not smelled perfume with a nasty unfamiliar whiff!
I’M GONNA MISS YOU BABY! THINGS COULD’VE BEEN TERIFF! Ah, what’s the diff…
IF: you had not had the cheek to stay out for a week saying ’back in a jiff!’
IF: you were not such a two-timing guy!
If you weren’t…if you hadn’t… if you didn’t and you weren’t and you hadn’t and you didn’t… but you have and you were and you went and you did, and so, goodbye!
IF: I had not seen you take Geraldine on the lake in your flat-bottomed skiff…IF: You were not out with Sue with your arms around her bare midriff! IF: I had not seen you pen sexy letters to Gwen in your own Hieroglyph… IF: You had not left me home when had two seats for South Pacif!
I’M GONNA MISS YOU, BABY! YOU WERE TOO DARN PROLIF! Ah, what’s the diff…
IF: You were not such a hound who, when game was around always picked at the sniff! IF: You were not such a two-timing guy…
If you weren’t… if you hadn’t… if you didn’t and you weren’t and you hadn’t and you didn’t… but you were and you have, and you went and you did! AND SO, GOODBYE!

F: When I asked where you’d been you had not cliffed my chin with a beautiful biff! Hey,
IF: I had not always found purple lipstick on your handkerchief…
IF: you had not told me lies and then looked in my eyes with a smile beautif!

IF: when I caught you with Kate you had not said, “It’s of no signif!”
I’M GONNA MISS YOU, BABY! AND I COULD GET SPECIF! Ah, what’s the diff!

IF: The best years of my life weren’t spent as your wife with no marriage certif!
IF: you were not such a two-timing guy!
If you weren’t… If you hadn’t…if you didn’t, if you weren’t, if you hadn’t, if you didn’t… but you had, and then we coulda, and you didn’t though you shoulda. If you didn’t, if you weren’t, if you hadn’t, if you didn’t. But you were and you have and you went and you did, and so, GOODBYE! See ya later, Joe!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 01:22:30 PM by François »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2006, 01:18:13 PM »

I, too, was very sad to read about Brandi. Many condolences.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2006, 01:20:44 PM »

I got that front yard mowed. It actually wasn't as grown up as it first looked, so the mowing only took ten minutes or so. At least a third of the yard didn't have any growth yet which helped. Glad to have that unpleasant chore taken care of for awhile.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2006, 01:23:22 PM »

I finished the section in SECOND ACT TROUBLE on ILLYA DARLING and started MACK & MABEL. Such fascinating information. ILLYA DARLING is a show I knew virtually nothing about other than being a musical version of NEVER ON SUNDAY. I have the cast LP but only listened to it once many years ago.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »

I also watched some CSI episodes from the Season 2 boxed set while I cooked and ate my lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »

Tonight I plan to watch KISS OF DEATH on DVD.

I also have MONK and CONVICTION from last night that I'll watch.

And I have the last hour or so of MRS. PARKER AND THE VICIOUS CIRCLE.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2006, 01:45:33 PM »

Well, the internet seems very quiet this afternoon. I think I'm going to jump off and do some reading now.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »

Good Afternoon!

And it really has been a very good afternoon.  Alas, details shall have to come later, as I need to get my car packed up for the return to NYC tonight.

*I got sidetracked a little while ago trying see what pantry staples I still had here in the pantry at my parents' house.  Well, as I went along, I kept coming across various boxes and cans of goods well past their prime - well, at least according to the expiration dates on the containers.  I ended up cleaning out my old foodstuffs, but also my parents' old foodstuffs.  And, boy, did they have a garbage bag full of stuff to throw out.  I think the "oldest" thing I found was a bottle of BBQ sauce that should have been opened and consumed by sometime in late 2001!  -Oh, and there had to be at least eight boxes of baking soda, as well as a couple of tins of baking powder - which I'm guessing  were mine since I would usually buy new BS and BP whenever I started a baking spree just to insure they were fresh.  -$1.00 box, no biggie.

Well...  As I mentioned, I need to get my car packed... See you all from New York City in a couple of hours!

Laters...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 02:39:12 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2006, 03:01:04 PM »

Have a safe drive up, DR Jose!

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2006, 03:01:41 PM »

I had just popped back on-line for a quick download. Off now to watch some movies.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2006, 03:02:30 PM »

Read the sections on MACK & MABEL and HALLELUJAH BABY while the stuff was downloading. Found out things I didn't know about each show.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »

DR Danise good vibes for your mother re: her back. ~~~~~~~~~~~

And I am so sorry to hear about Brandi.  Please take care.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »

Just got back from a Celtic Festival and a few errands. Scottish dancing, highland games exhibit (I do have to say some men wear kilts VERY well), and great music...

All the Celtic lands were there: Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Brittany, Galicia, and some also include Cornwall.

Great eats and drinks...

Loved the pipers of the different celtic traditions and the dancing. Had my time on the "blarney soapbox". That was a hoot.  I even got to try a chanter of the highland pipes.

One local girl who does competitive Scottish highland dancing both in the states and abroad put on an workshop. She is an incredible dancer for a 15 yr old girl in her type of dancing.  

I found the location of the festival rather ironic... It was held at the Heritage Hjemkomst in Moorhead. Ironic in the sense is that the center piece of teh complex is a replica of a viking ship that was built by Robert Asp of Hawley, MN. His sons and several freinds and contacts actually sailed it up the St. Lawrence, stopping in NYC before they sailed it across the Atlantic to Bergen, Norway in 1982. The ship was brought back to Minnesota and heritage center was built around it. It is an authentic replica of a Viking ship.

Ironic in the sense that it was the Irish monks that Christianized the Norse Vikings! BTW, it is a two way street, the Vikings founded York and Dublin!

There have been actuai Celtic crosses found in Norway!

Here is a website to show the viking ship...

http://www.hjemkomst-center.com/

Below is the picture of the Hjemkomst... In Norse it means Homecoming!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 03:34:35 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ben

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »

Danise, our best wishes and comfort go out to you and Bear (and your mother for her back problems). Brandi had a good parent!

Ben

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2006, 04:12:32 PM »

The weather in NY was/is beautiful. It's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow as well (or at least warm, we may have a shower or two).

We went to the Lincoln Center Library before Anthony went to dance class and I picked up some CDs to listen to and possibly burn.

I, too, got a haircut and now I look spiffy. I just had some apple bread with strawberries after dinner. Ummm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up