Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: A CONVENTIONAL DITHER  (Read 52196 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:A CONVENTIONAL DITHER
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »

My eyes are feeling very heavy, so I'm off to dreamland.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the evening.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2006, 08:39:10 PM »

Page 8 SWORD IN THE STONE Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2006, 08:39:46 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going to bed!

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2006, 09:06:41 PM »

9:00 and I'm the only one in the jernt?  I've heard of WUSSBURGERING, but this is WUSSBURGERING WITH CHEESE, baby, and it's sort of unseemly, don't you think?

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2006, 09:12:49 PM »

I'm here. I'm about to wussburger, but I'm here right now. We had snow and cold and slush and muck today. At least that's better than a tornado.  They are cool to see, but not to be in.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2006, 09:13:56 PM »

On that note I shall saunter off to bed and let my dreams take me where happy little blue birds fly....oh, that was way too corny, I better get out of here now!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2006, 09:23:42 PM »

~~~Vibes for DR Ann!!~~~

And great pictures!  Keep 'em coming! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:45 PM »

Remember the brouhaha this past winter over the malware that Sony had included in a number of its CD releases?  The initial outcome of that mess was that Sony offered to replace the bad CDs with new copies that did not include the malware.  I had purchased Cyndi Lauper's The Body Acoustic and was able to exchange it in a relatively sweat-free process.

Well, the fun didn't stop there.  Evidently, there was a class action suit filed against Sony, and as a result I've been informed that I am entitled to either a $7.50 payment and a free album download or three free album downloads!

Now, that's what I call stickin' it to the corporation!

The library where I worked had only gotten three titles (fortunately) out of all the ones that had the XCP content.  One of the titles has gone out and was circulating.  One title had actually just been received in the building when we found out about all of this, so we were able to catch that.  The third title had been shipped, so when it arrived, we pulled it out of the shipment.  I had to call in the circulating copies and we were able to return these and get the replacement CDs pretty quickly.  Since we were a library, however, we weren't able to get any of the downloads.  We don't know if any patrons played the CDs in there computers, but if they did, they're basically on their own in regards to getting their computers fixed. ::)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:35:19 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2006, 09:41:24 PM »

Prepared nine returns and reviewed four returns today  (one of which was an errant and truant return from 2003, believe it or not - who the heck remembers what the tax law was in 2003!).

Found out something a wee bit esoteric which I'm sure many people here knew already.  Since most New Yorkers file their returns with the IRS's Massachusetts office, the deadline for New Yorkers to file with the IRS is April 18 rather than April 17, since in Mass. they celebrate Patriots Day on the 17th this year.  But people still have to get their New York State returns (or extensions) in by the 17th; the 18th is just the deadline for resdients of New York (among a few other states) to have their Federal returns filed with the IRS.

FJL

« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:14 PM »

BK - The package was waiting for me when I got home this evening.  Thanks so much!

Jed

« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »

I'm tired.  And tired of moving.  That said, the new apartment is great.  That's all for now... too tired for more.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

MBarnum

« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2006, 10:00:37 PM »

My VCR was is on the blink tonight so I watched a DVD of THREE GUYS NAMED MIKE....what a cute movie! I think someone here mentioned it the other week...MattH maybe?...I only had time to watch half of it, and will finish it tomorrow....my but that Howard Keel certainly gives me a tingle!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2006, 10:13:53 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, it's official.  My parents are moving to Richmond sometime in the next couple of months.  I was chatting with my brother, Jay, a little while ago.  He had called my parents earlier tonight just to check in with them.  They put the deposit down on the new house this past weekend - it's part of a new development that's still being built right now.  They probably can't take occupancy until September or October.  However, they plan to list their current house ASAP.  And if the house sells soon, then they'll go ahead and put everything in storage, and rent a small place in the interim.

I'm sort of surprised they're taking this plan of attack.  This was the M.O. (modus operandi in detective-speak) the last time they moved, and neither parent was really happy with the whole situation.  But I guess they're striking while the iron is hot, when they can probably get what they're asking for for the house.

Of course, this means that I'll have to get the rest of my stuff out of their basement sooner rather than later.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2006, 10:16:22 PM »

And now, I, too, must head to the Land of the Wussburgers.  I actually have nothing on my schedule tomorrow, but I do want to get up early since I will have to get up early the rest of the week.  And since I still need to put some things away that I brought up Saturday night...  I also think I want to re-arrange one of my shelving units too.  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2006, 10:21:31 PM »

I've been trying to watch a movie and keep shutting them off and starting new ones.  I'm in the middle of Pin-Up Girl, The Frisco Kid and one or two others - none of them are keeping my attention.

So, I proofed and fixed the final two stories.  Now I have to try and figure out a good order for them.  Two of them I hadn't looked at since I wrote them, and I found them very emotional, which is, I suppose, what I intended - but it took me aback.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up