Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: RELAXATION TIME  (Read 66343 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:RELAXATION TIME
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »

I received my BVD of "A History of Violence" in today's mail.

Am looking forward to it and about 30 other BVDs I haven't yet watched.

Sigh.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 02:10:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »

Page 9...la-di-dah...la-di-dah!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2006, 02:13:36 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~GOOD HEALTH VIBES[/move]

TO

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]THE GREAT HARVEY SCHMIDT!!!~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2006, 02:21:29 PM »

Well I got wonderful news. I was going to have to go to the place they normally house our clients pre-trial tomorrow to visit 2 clients - it's a 2 1/2 hour drive one way! Anyway, my secretary just called and they moved both of them to a jail 30 min away!!!! Hip Hip Hooray! I don't have to spend all day in the car to visit them

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2006, 02:22:10 PM »

I guess not too many people would say Hip Hip Hooray, I'm going to jail tomorrow....

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2006, 02:23:03 PM »

When I was in private practice I used to occasionally leave a note on my door that just said "Went to jail be back as soon as I can"

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2006, 02:24:05 PM »

Well I can't just sit at 2199.....hmmm well I did do some work today, but I also got the home office mostly organized.  That's a really good thing

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2006, 02:25:24 PM »

Guess I'll do a little more work before I figure out what I can eat for dinner.  Today's been pretty good on the diet front, I'm thinking Salmon....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2006, 02:25:37 PM »

TOD:

Your favorite Harvey Schmidt composition?

Everything from The Fantasticks, and the songs:
Celebration
Flaming Agnes
I Do! I Do!
I'm Glad To See You've Got What You Want
Little Red Hat
Melisande and Simple Little Things
Ooh-La-La
Somebody
Why Can't I Walk Through That Door?/Now I Must Walk Through That Door
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »

Tomorrow I'm headed over to the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon, to try to convince the powers that be that Maria in TWELFTH NIGHT doesn't have to be a young, buxom, sexy young housemaid... that maybe she's an alcoholic older housekeeper, hmmmm? I do like that show, in spite of the strangeness and cruelty of the funny.

PennyO, I believe it would be easier for you to play Maria as a young, buxom, sexy young housemaid.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »

Congrats on the 2200+ Cillaliz!  I'm heading towards 7000!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2006, 02:31:33 PM »

Well I am watching WALK THE LINE again....this time of DVD.  And Joaquin did a fine job....Reese of course did as well.

It is just a leisurely film...to say the least....slow...  But I am enjoying it again.

AND the DVD of THE SHAGGY DOG is very good.  The commentary by Kevin Corcoran, Tim Considine, Tom Kirk, and Roberta Shore is a lot of fun to listen to....they are all together watching the film and commenting on it.

There is a short extra called The Kids of THE SHAGGY DOG that has current interviews (copyrighted in 2004 - where has it been?  Was it a Disney Channel interview?) - haven't watched the colorized version which is about 10 minutes shorter.  And a short collection of clips and memories of Fred MacMurray by the cast and others from THE HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE including Mr Dick Sherman.

A nice disc!  

Does it happen to say what Mr. Considine has been doing for all these years since he left MY THREE SONS?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2006, 02:32:42 PM »

I forgot to answer DR Michael Shayne's question about Harvey's songs:
   The Room Is Filled with You is my fave from COLETTE COLLAGE

I also meant to add that vibes and xylophone are realy appropriate for Harvey, too; he's quite a percussion buff.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2006, 02:35:04 PM »

I would prefer the bouncy theme song from FIVE WEEKS IN A BALLOON, the movie that BK watched/will be watching.

FIVE WEEKS IN A BALLOON?  Doesn't that co-star the brilliant Fabian?  Okay, the good-looking, Fabian.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE finally arrived today as well, but as it's a long movie (I saw it twice at the theater), I will wait until tomorrow to watch it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2006, 02:38:59 PM »

Heading down now for chores and then TV.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

Cillaliz -- I used to say: I have to be in court in an hour. (I was a court reporter.)

Your jail comment is much better.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jennifer

« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2006, 02:41:22 PM »

Regarding "Commonwealth Day," I provided a link yesterday that discussed then-Premiere Trudeau signing the observance into law in 1976.

I know that Quebec has considered itself a separate entity from the rest of Canada to the point of trying to secede, so perhaps you guys don't really consider yourselves "Canadian"?

:D

I'm sure you didn't mean to be insulting, but what you wrote actually was insulting.  There are some people in Quebec who believe in separatism, but not most.  And especially not 99% of English speaking people here.

All I said is that the day was not a holiday anybody here celebrates. There are many Canadian holidays that we do celebrate (Canada Day, Victoria Day...). But the one you mentioned is not.  Although as I said I cannot speak for every province. Perhaps there are some that consider it a holiday, although I have not heard of any.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2006, 02:54:24 PM »

Page 7 Jorge Rivero...uh...stance..

Thanks, Michael, figures he would be in his late sixties now.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:02:28 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »

I always liked "Many of our attorneys work out of our Long Island office when they're not on trial."

I know what they really mean, but it always struck me as whimsical.

FJL

« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2006, 03:02:28 PM »

Skip and I will be in Canada on Saturday seeing LORD OF THE RINGS, as I've mentioned earlier.  (Hasn't that darn trip happened already, some of you may be asking.)  If we have time, we'll try to make a survey of the bacon situation.

FJL

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2006, 03:03:28 PM »

Health vibes to Mr. Harvey Schmidt.

FJL

« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2006, 03:06:16 PM »

No tax returns today, but lots of research and emailing of tax tidbits.

Danise

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2006, 03:06:28 PM »

Hi everyone.  

Sorry to have not been posting but let’s just say I’m having a bad week in more then one way and I didn’t want to bother you all with it.  My life is a soap opera--to much drama!

Vixmom, thank you for the phone call.  I was sleeping when you called but got the message on my cell phone.

I will have to resend you my home phone number because you should have got the answering machine/service --what ever it is that Vontage does.  I will call you back but I can’t use the phones right now—I’m expecting an important phone call and am not sure which number they will use.  Just please let me know when it’s ok to call tomorrow.  

Vibes to all who need them.  I hope everyone is doing well.  

Cheers!
 :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2006, 03:10:06 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]BETTER VIBES TO DR DANISE!!!!![/move]
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2006, 03:16:04 PM »

Heading down now for chores and then TV.

WBBL.

wibble

wobble

wibble

wobble

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »

Skip and I will be in Canada on Saturday seeing LORD OF THE RINGS, as I've mentioned earlier.  (Hasn't that darn trip happened already, some of you may be asking.)  If we have time, we'll try to make a survey of the bacon situation.

Well, while you're there, look and see if you can find out where DR Jennifer actually LIVES in Canada!

:D

George

« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »

~~~Continued Vibage for DR Danise!!~~~

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2006, 03:19:18 PM »

I'm sure you didn't mean to be insulting, but what you wrote actually was insulting.  There are some people in Quebec who believe in separatism, but not most.  And especially not 99% of English speaking people here.

All I said is that the day was not a holiday anybody here celebrates. There are many Canadian holidays that we do celebrate (Canada Day, Victoria Day...). But the one you mentioned is not.  Although as I said I cannot speak for every province. Perhaps there are some that consider it a holiday, although I have not heard of any.

Jennifer, I'm just trying to have fun with you on the subject...certainly not trying to tick off the Quebeçois population.

But, about "Commonwealth Day", it was my impression you had never heard of it, especially since you wrote:

"I don't know if any other parts of the country celebrate this day, but i have never even heard of it."

According to the linked article, the day was not a traditional "holiday" but a day when ALL schools would extol the virtues of being a member of the Commonwealth.  This supposedly -- allegedly -- has been going on in schools since 1977.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:38:34 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »

Hi everyone.  

Sorry to have not been posting but let’s just say I’m having a bad week in more then one way and I didn’t want to bother you all with it.  My life is a soap opera--to much drama!

Vixmom, thank you for the phone call.  I was sleeping when you called but got the message on my cell phone.

I will have to resend you my home phone number because you should have got the answering machine/service --what ever it is that Vontage does.  I will call you back but I can’t use the phones right now—I’m expecting an important phone call and am not sure which number they will use.  Just please let me know when it’s ok to call tomorrow.  

Vibes to all who need them.  I hope everyone is doing well.  

Cheers!
 :)

Thanks, DR Danise, I'm doing fine.  However, as always, I can use all the vibes I can get.  The question is, how are you?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up