Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: DROOPY EYES  (Read 59783 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:DROOPY EYES
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2006, 10:41:02 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!  Good Morning!

-Just covering all the bases.  ;)

Well, it's been a long day, but a very good one.  Lots of interaction with lots of good people.

And I'll have to leave it at that for now.  I'm tired, I'm sleepy, and I have rehearsal in seven hours and twenty minutes.  -And tomorrow, I go from 9:00am to 7:00pm...  So...

Goodnight.

*Hope everyone is doing well.
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2006, 10:41:26 PM »

What? Everybody left!
Oh well! I must sign off -- as if anyone cared!! LOL!

Yes, almost time to go home from work!

BUT.... I'll be back... and that's a threat, you'd better believe it! ;-)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2006, 10:42:59 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2006, 11:02:14 PM »

Did someone mention the movie STRANGERS WHEN WE MEET (1960) last week? Well, I am watching it right now and boy is it good! I don't know how I managed to miss this wonderful soaper all these years!

But it is getting late so must finish the movie tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2006, 11:07:25 PM »

Back from the show and finally caught up.  Must now relax so the notes will be up a bit late.  Had a great time with PennyO - as she said, we just talked through what I felt wasn't working in her show, which had very little to do with the writing, and much to do with the structure of the beginning, and clarity.  I made a suggestion, and her little eyes lit up like electric lights and she'll now do those changes and on we will go.

TPunk, I do hope you know that everyone here at haineshisway.com finds you hopelessly irresistible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2006, 11:07:51 PM »

We will be achieving our new plateau by afternoon tomorrow.  Very exciting.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »

Well, not a good day for Cillaliz's state of Iowa.
The heavily, heavily favored Iowa Hawkeyes bounced in the first round on a ridiculous 3-point shot by a school called Northwestern State

The University of Northern Iowa goes on a huge scoring drought and loses to Georgetown.

Iowa State, not even in the tournament, fires their head coach amid scandal.

Meanwhile Bradley U. of Peoria, Ill., the school where my sis Polly met her hubby en route to bearing him a small army of children pulled off a major win over favored Kansas. That was nice.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2006, 11:46:15 PM »

You have not lived until you've heard the Frankie Laine-Doris Day duet entitled "Sugarbush."

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2006, 11:48:53 PM »

Working on the 70, GIRLS, 70 program for the City Center Encores. Pretty excited to see that.

The original Mammy Yoakum herself, Charlotte Rae, should be swell. Have not seen her in anything since THE FACTS OF LIFE.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:50:20 PM by Rodzinski »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »

IN JUSTICE did something a little bit different tonight to get the case going, but the resulting show was just as entertaining.

A sad note. I read on the internet today that Jason O'Mara has been cast in an ABC drama pilot for next season, so it looks like he's been released from any obligations to IN JUSTICE. I take this to mean the show is not being renewed for next season. I'm unhappy about that. I've really grown to love it.

I like this show...that's too bad. :( Maybe, only Jason is leaving the show and there's still a possibility that the show will be renewed.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2006, 11:52:49 PM »

Dare I say, that's a real INJUSTICE?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2006, 12:06:11 AM »

I have a SONG OF THE SOUTH VHS tape made from the Japanese laserdisc and that DVD imported from, where was it, Thailand or the Phillippines? In any event, the DVD looks better than the tape, but neither looks as good as an official Disney DVD would look.

There was talk last year that Disney was at long last going to release SONG OF THE SOUTH on an official DVD. I guess the new Disney head man has vetoed that proposal. They will be fresh out of vault classics by the time THE LITTLE MERMAID is released in a 2-DVD enhanced set in the fall. I know they can go back and start double dipping on them, but I think SONG OF THE SOUTH would be one of the biggest sellers of all time if they'd only show some sense.

I posted this about "Song of the South" in September:
On eBay a couple of years ago, someone had a Japanese laserdisc copy of this movie that was a former rental (it didn't have the Japanese subtitles during the songs that all of the other laserdiscs had).  Anyway, there was a Buy It Now price of $1,350!!  The bidding got up to about $800 when someone actually bid $1,350 and bought it!  I couldn't believe that someone would pay that much.  All I kept thinking was that that's $1,350 that the Disney company isn't getting...from just one person...and that there were other people willing to pay at least $800!!

They're missing out on a lotta loot!  

And now, mini-rant, here:  they (Disney Corp.) had the nerve to demand that Kermit be cut out of the recent re-issue of "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas" (that's been around for more than 20 years), but allowed Kermit (singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" even!) to sell Ford SUVs!  

That's just wrong. >:(

« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:17:25 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up