Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 190,000 POSTS  (Read 60278 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:190,000 POSTS
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »

The usual usage of E and T is errant and truant, but I like FJL's better

Cilla, we should meet someday.....

bk, good luck with your meeting iwth David Wechter... Charm him to death!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2006, 10:02:38 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 3 Dance!![/move]
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »

Get out the party hats and do a 190,000 post dance

Cilla, us ladies are amazing!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2006, 10:04:24 AM »

WOW!!!! It seems like I'm never here for the major milestones, Glad I could be post number 190,000!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »

WOW!!!! It seems like I'm never here for the major milestones, Glad I could be post number 190,000!!!!

applause, applause!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2006, 10:06:03 AM »

Yes, Dakota, we should meet, Fargo isn't that far.   Let's wait until winter is over... Well, until the snow stops. Spring is next week, but we're supposed to have a ton of snow on that day, so....

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »

Ok, I must be blind.  Where does it say the number of posts????

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2006, 10:07:49 AM »

It's on the opening page of the HHW Community Forum index. You see "Daily discussions" then it lists "topics" then "posts"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2006, 10:07:57 AM »

Yes, Dakota, we should meet, Fargo isn't that far.   Let's wait until winter is over... Well, until the snow stops. Spring is next week, but we're supposed to have a ton of snow on that day, so....

Winter seems to want to hang on for some odd reason.... However, at least Texas and AZ are starting to get moisture...

I am ready for spring...

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2006, 10:10:24 AM »

We've had a very mild winter and virtually no snow. I think I've had my snow blower out 2 or 3 times.  We could miss this storm too, but it's unlikely. I'm really hoping for a big snow. I like it in the spring when it looks great and only lasts a few days. And when the temp is in the 30s

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2006, 10:11:19 AM »

I'm going to go catch up on the posts from yesterday.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2006, 10:12:02 AM »

We've had a very mild winter and virtually no snow. I think I've had my snow blower out 2 or 3 times.  We could miss this storm too, but it's unlikely. I'm really hoping for a big snow. I like it in the spring when it looks great and only lasts a few days. And when the temp is in the 30s

We had a rather decent winter with some snow but a not a lot until recently. We have had a lot of ice storms which is unusual for us in winter months. We have had temps in the 20s

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2006, 10:18:06 AM »

DR Rodzinski, yesterday was a bad day at Blackrock for the Iowa teams or I guess you could say there was trouble right here in River City.  I have to admit on a personal level I smiled because I decided not to get in the NCAA pool this year, I would have been toast on the Hawkeyes (my alma mater).

The Iowa State thing is interesting. I got the impression from the local news conference that they were looking for an excuse to fire the head coach and they said the bad publicity for the alleged scandal was a good enough reason.  They weren't that clear about it, but that's what it sounded like to me.  

The Hawkeyes wouldn't have made it to the final four anyway. They have some sort of a mental block with Duke and can NEVER beat them. They always seem to get in the same bracket as Duke too, it's sort of a sick joke of you ask me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »

DR Francois, I remember FAMILY, it was one of my favorite shows at the time.  I'm a year older than Kristy McNichol, so I really related to her then. Wasn't John Rubenstein the brother? Guess I could look at the link

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

Well, I think I'll go run my errands before any bad weather hits, if it hits indeed.   I could use some house selling vibes today, my realtor thinks the people he's showing the house to in an hour could very well decide to buy it. That would just be too amazing. It just got a sign yesterday or the day before.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2006, 10:54:09 AM »

'Morning all!

When the repair man showed up yesterday, he told me that a tree branch was blocking the signal but he wouldn't cut it down for me. With that, he left.  He did leave the parts and told me to call him when I could manage to get the limb down.

So Dear Readers, guess what I had to do?  Cutting tree limbs are NOT on the list of things that I should do but I did it.  

DRDanise, I love you, but someone should kick your butt.  You should have hired sme neighborhood kid to cut it down while you supervised.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2006, 11:07:34 AM »

DRDanise, I love you, but someone should kick your butt.  You should have hired sme neighborhood kid to cut it down while you supervised.

You have a point there DR Elmore....  I am sure some neighborhood kid would have liked a few dollars in his/her pocket.

François de Paris

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »

Libation? I'm sure that most dinner parties that will be discussed will include much libation.  I don't partake, myself, but I wouldn't prevent anyone else from enjoying.  

As for the Topic of the Day Dinner Parties (assuming I had all the money that I'd need), I'd like to have an official round-the-world HHW event...fly every HHW poster to some place exotic, where no one's been and party like there's no tomorrow.  I'd hire a world class caterer/party planner to take care of all the details because if it were left to me, I'd just order pizza. ::) I don't think that that would be special enough for a special HHW party. ;D

If you ever want to be President of the US of A. ..... know that I'll vote for you even though i'm not an American citizen! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »

I guess the charcaters will be having quite a few libations in the all-live LORD OF THE RINGS.

Have I mentioned I'll be E&T (Entertained and Traveled) today, seeing LORD OF THE RINGS in Toronto?

Oh, that's right, I have mentioned it.  :)

Toronto?!

Otnorot, backwards! ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2006, 11:38:34 AM »

No dance for Page Two!

But a nice Disney vista from TARZAN!

Wouldn't that make it a Buena Vista?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2006, 11:40:31 AM »

THAT should look familiar (this very same artwork!) to DR Tomovoz, hey?!

Rent this movie! You won't regret it! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »

Continuing the discussion from last night:

Di$ney is all about money and control.  Ask Annette Joanne Funicello - her family sued Disney in 1959 saying that at the time they signed Annette's first contract for the MMC they were not represented by an agent and did not have the advantage of professional advice.  They wanted a raise for Annette (the only original Mouse to remain under contract) and better future terms.

They lost.  Annette was under contract for ALL activity to Disney Studios until early 1964, earning for ALL her years and work there a total of $250,000.  Most of that came in her last year when Disney voluntarily gave her a raise to $1500 per week with a 40 week guarantee.  By then she was represented by Jack Gilardi, the man she eventually married.

Just an opinion: The Disney Company of the 50's and 60's should NOT be compared to the Company we know today!
Walt Disney was never a filthy rich man and never had the wealth that Mr Eisner knows...
Walt's nephew is a multi millionaire that Walt never was!

Most of the Disney Classics we know today lost money on their first and even second releases!
It's the merchandising that save the Compnay's arse, most of the times, and then, through the years (After Walt!) the theme parks!

We all know that Annette enjoyed and has fond memories of her tenure at the Disney Studios!

That's all I had to say... in my clumsy ways, as usual! ;)

(Walt learnt a lesson he remembered all his life when he lost the rights to Oswald!... )

François de Paris

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »

Last week, I bought a two liter bottle of Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

I was not a fan at all of Diet Vanilla Coke (vanilla flavoring was way too strong), but this black cherry vanilla is better. The two flavors are rather balanced and thus one doesn't overpower the other. I did buy another bottle of it this week, but only as an alternative to regular Diet Coke which continues to be a mainstay here.

A TWO LITER BOTTLE?????

Has the US turned to... liters?!

François de Paris

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »

Geez, where is everyone??  I'm all by myself and no posts in the last two hours??

You can ask Geez but I don't think Geez has the answer! ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2006, 12:00:52 PM »

A dinner party???  Let me think.

Guests:

George Clooney
Christopher Meloni
Nathan Fillion

Menu:

Oysters............ just oysters.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »

'Morning all!

When the repair man showed up yesterday, he told me that a tree branch was blocking the signal but he wouldn't cut it down for me. With that, he left.  He did leave the parts and told me to call him when I could manage to get the limb down.

So Dear Readers, guess what I had to do?  Cutting tree limbs are NOT on the list of things that I should do but I did it.  

Instead of calling HIM back, I went ahead and reset the dish myself and got the satellite working all by myself.  Sigh.  So much for customer service.   :-\

TomovOz--I really enjoyed seeing the Bear pictures.  They really made me  :).

Way to go, Danise! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2006, 12:06:19 PM »

Good morning. I am drinking my coffee and awaiting the arrival of Digger the dog who will be spending the week with uncle Mike and cousin Freddy while his owners, Mark and James, are in Wyoming visiting Mark's family.

Welcome home, digger!
(Homedigger!? Get it? ;) ::) :-\

François de Paris

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2006, 12:07:23 PM »

I hope Mark and James have a wonderful time.  I know that Digger will enjoy his vist with you, DR MBarnum.

Hummm, watch out for Freddy!

Freddy, My Love! Oh, a greassy reference! ;))

François de Paris

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »

The usual usage of E and T is errant and truant, but I like FJL's better

DR Cillaliz, we've been using "errant & truant" A LOT here at HHW through the past years... some are so good at it too that we have not heard from them ever since! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2006, 12:15:40 PM »

We're almost there...

Oh, a Grand Tour reference!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up