Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG  (Read 59730 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2006, 12:01:01 PM »

No need to apologize, good sir.  The joy was in the winning.

Prize(s)?  Prize(s)?!?  Yippee!!!

Well, I included a couple of things just in case you might have some of them.  I didn't want to send duplicates.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2006, 12:01:44 PM »

YIPPEE!!!!

PAGE FOUR!!!!

-I'm still resting my left foot, so someone else will have to do the dance.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2006, 12:03:26 PM »

Well... My friend, James, is coming over in about an hour, and we're going to head out for a bit.  I think Target is on the itinerary.  I need to do some cleaning in the kitchen, as well as get myself cleaned up and presentable, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2006, 12:03:38 PM »

BK, how much longer is the play going to run? I may bring a date this time.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2006, 12:03:57 PM »

It is raining today.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »

OH!

BK - Remember, just have fun!  If you're not having fun, it's not worth it.

*Actually, I have a question or two as a result of your "replacement" situation...

-When was the last time you were on stage in an actual role/play?

And...

-Who's going to come in and watch the show now and give you notes?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2006, 12:07:08 PM »

DakotaCelt, sounds like you love Matt as much as I love The Manhattan Transfer.  

YES, but it takes one man to please DakotaCelt while you, George, "need" two couples! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2006, 12:15:42 PM »

Didn't really get any extra sleep today.  Trying to figure out who I can coerce into coming to help me run lines today.  Matt and I will work every day during the week - I suppose I could just sit and do them myself, but I don't think that's as good as having lines fed to me.

I would be willing to but I live in North Dakota!

Hey, any hainsies in the area to help out dear bk?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2006, 12:18:22 PM »

The play is not going to extend.  We close on April 1st, so it's just this coming weekend and the next weekend, Friday and Saturday nights only.

I'm trying to get hold of my assistant director to be there for some rehearsals, but I don't know if she can.  At this point, it will be what it will be, I suppose.  I pretty much know HOW I'm going to play it, it's just getting the fershluganah lines in my noggin.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2006, 12:21:01 PM »

It's also difficult not to have someone throwing the cues to me.

I had taken a couple of acting classes many years ago on recommendation of a freind to help project my voice due to being HOH and to get rid of the nasal sound that is sometimes typical...

It was a interesting experience and it gave me a greater appreciation of those who do it well.

Our instructor's favorite habit to get us to use our diaphram was a punch in the gut.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2006, 12:25:52 PM »

YES, but it takes one man to please DakotaCelt while you, George, "need" two couples! ;D

DR Francois, dahling!!

Matt is not the only man I admire!!! There are a number of Brits, Irish, Aussies, a German or two....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »

The play is not going to extend.  We close on April 1st, so it's just this coming weekend and the next weekend, Friday and Saturday nights only.

I'm trying to get hold of my assistant director to be there for some rehearsals, but I don't know if she can.  At this point, it will be what it will be, I suppose.  I pretty much know HOW I'm going to play it, it's just getting the fershluganah lines in my noggin.

~~~~ Learning line vibes for bk!! ~~~~~

FJL

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »

For great immediate relief of foot pain, I recommend the turkey club sandwich from the rather elaborate deli (Tommy something-or-other's) on the east corner of the block from the Princess of Wales Theater in Toronto.  There was so much walking to do from the plane arrival area to the ground transportation area, and then after we picked up our tickets at the theater, couldn't find a place that was open before noon, until we shlepped around and found the place right on the corner of the theater's block.  My left foot (a Daniel Day Lewis film reference) was suffering, until I had the warm trukey club sandwich, at which point all pain miraculously disappeared.  (Or maybe it was just sitting in a comfortable place that helped, but I like to think of good food as a cure-all.)

FJL

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »

BTW, in case it ever comes up on a quiz show, the answer to the question "Do celebrities get better treatment on an airplane?" is a resounding yes.  The wonderful actor Peter Dinklage (of THE STATION AGENT fame) happened to be on our flight to Toronto, and a lot of attention (although not fawning) was paid to him.  As it happens, while he is as short of physical stature as he seems to be on film and stage, he seemed to be extraordinarily pleasant and charismatic, and actually quite a bit handsomer than one would expect from his film appearances.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2006, 12:47:04 PM »

Just got off the phone with my muse Margaret - we were batting around what we should call the short story collection.  She actually really liked the same one that dear reader Jane liked.  We know it has to be the title of one of the stories, and four of the stories have titles that just don't work at all as a title for the overall collection.  So, here are the three titles we can choose from.  Let's hear your votes:

Sweet Dreams and Other Stories

The Book Scout and Other Stories

Adventures With My Father and Other Stories

FJL

« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2006, 12:51:56 PM »

I'd vote for "Adventures with My Father and Other Stories" because, even if I didn't know who you were, I'd consider buying a book with that title because of its promise of something I could identify with.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2006, 12:54:29 PM »

My first inclination is this title simply because it seems to grab the attention more then the others....but without knowing what the stories are about I can't say if this title is the best choice.

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »

I am now going to watch a Russ Meyer film...and I am somewhat concerned about the massive amount of  mountainous mammories I may be about to see.

FJL

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »

MISTY'S WATER-COLORED MAMMORIES - that's the title of my new Russ Meyer-like screenplay about paint-on tattoos

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2006, 01:07:45 PM »

Here's another vote for the above.  Like DR MB has said, it grabs me the most out of the three.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »

I,of course, vote for the Book Scout...It is the most intriguing of the titles.  Adventures with My Father sounds rather soft and nebulous.  Sweet Dreams conjures up nothing other than Patsy Cline.  The Book Scout is interesting because a lot of people just don't know what a book scout is and therefore it has a bit of mystery to it.  And those who do know what a book scout does, will also bite.

FJL

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2006, 01:16:53 PM »

Also, BK - Just wondering if there is there any kind of description or adjective you could connect to the word stories?  Do they all deal with some kind of love, whether romantic or not? Or passion? Or any common thread that can be summed up in a word or two?  As in Adventures With My Father and Other Love Stories, Adventures with My Father and Other Mystery Stories, ...Other Family Stories, or whatever a thread among them might be (other than just Other Short Stories :)  ).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2006, 01:17:16 PM »

I,of course, vote for the Book Scout...It is the most intriguing of the titles.  Adventures with My Father sounds rather soft and nebulous.  Sweet Dreams conjures up nothing other than Patsy Cline.  The Book Scout is interesting because a lot of people just don't know what a book scout is and therefore it has a bit of mystery to it.  And those who do know what a book scout does, will also bite.

I'd side with DRCharlesPogue on this one.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François de Paris

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2006, 01:19:15 PM »

It is raining today.

It's raining in my heart!

Where are my rubbers?!

François de Paris

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2006, 01:21:19 PM »

DR Francois, dahling!!

Matt is not the only man I admire!!! There are a number of Brits, Irish, Aussies, a German or two....

But You Don't Know Paree!.... I mean ME! ;)

FJL

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »

How about THE BOOK SCOUT AND OTHER NOVEL STORIES?  :)

François de Paris

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »

DR Francois, dahling!!

Dahling?! Dahling?!

Are you channelling PennyO?!

François de Paris

« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2006, 01:23:47 PM »

For great immediate relief of foot pain, I recommend the turkey club sandwich from the rather elaborate deli (Tommy something-or-other's) on the east corner of the block from the Princess of Wales Theater in Toronto.  There was so much walking to do from the plane arrival area to the ground transportation area, and then after we picked up our tickets at the theater, couldn't find a place that was open before noon, until we shlepped around and found the place right on the corner of the theater's block.  My left foot (a Daniel Day Lewis film reference) was suffering, until I had the warm trukey club sandwich, at which point all pain miraculously disappeared.  (Or maybe it was just sitting in a comfortable place that helped, but I like to think of good food as a cure-all.)

I pay for the sandwich!

Who's paying for the trip?! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »

BTW, in case it ever comes up on a quiz show, the answer to the question "Do celebrities get better treatment on an airplane?" is a resounding yes.  The wonderful actor Peter Dinklage (of THE STATION AGENT fame) happened to be on our flight to Toronto, and a lot of attention (although not fawning) was paid to him.  As it happens, while he is as short of physical stature as he seems to be on film and stage, he seemed to be extraordinarily pleasant and charismatic, and actually quite a bit handsomer than one would expect from his film appearances.  

Peter who?

Never heard of him! It's true!

François de Paris

« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »

MISTY'S WATER-COLORED MAMMORIES - that's the title of my new Russ Meyer-like screenplay about paint-on tattoos

You're worse that I could be! But, that's worth a good laugh!

Mammory Mia! the new musical based on ABBRA songs! ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up