Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG  (Read 58710 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2006, 07:17:36 AM »

There's much new TV on tonight, but I noticed that DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES is a repeat of the Gabby kissing Tom episode (which also contained all those hot scenes with Andrew and Justin). Just a heads up for those interested.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 07:19:48 AM »

Page Two Wicked Queen Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2006, 07:20:56 AM »

Last night just before turning off the TV, I noticed that I still had MONK from Friday night that I hadn't watched, so that will definitely be an early afternoon treat. Looking forward to that!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2006, 07:25:10 AM »

There's much new TV on tonight, but I noticed that DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES is a repeat of the Gabby kissing Tom episode (which also contained all those hot scenes with Andrew and Justin). Just a heads up for those interested.

Thank goodness it's a repeat, more time to write!

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2006, 07:25:17 AM »

Good vibes to BK for his acting role and for getting the play filmed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to Anthony!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2006, 07:27:49 AM »

Line learning vibes to BK- break a leg!

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2006, 07:28:28 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Taco party preparations are in full throttle here - guests arrive about 4pm EST.

Break-a-leg vibes to BK!  Do playwrights often step into their own works?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2006, 07:30:42 AM »

I just read all of the Ashley Judd commentary from last night.  I think she is lovely and gorgeous.  I loved her in Kiss the Girls, Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood (even though I think the movie missed the mark in so many ways) and especially in Simon Birch.  I cannot read A Prayer for Owen Meany without seeing her in my mind's eye as the mother.

That being said, I can't ever recall seeing her in a leading role that I have liked.  Love her for the most part in supporting roles, especially those set in the 50's and 60's but I don't like her when she's carrying a film.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »

Party vibes for DR GINNY...sounds like fun fun fun!

Ashley Judd is okay in my book.  Can't think of the name of the film I saw her in that I really liked...set in the fifties, I think, she was a battered wife...

Although Dianne Wiest played a battered wife who got the ultimate revenge in another movie I can't think of the name of....Independence Day or something, but NOT the sci fi movie.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2006, 07:47:42 AM »

I
That being said, I can't ever recall seeing her in a leading role that I have liked.  Love her for the most part in supporting roles, especially those set in the 50's and 60's but I don't like her when she's carrying a film.

I can't fault her work in the film TWISTED. The writing is what did her in. I could believe the character she was given, but her work was sabotaged by such ludicrous plotting and absurd character inconsistencies that the entire enterprise came off as more a joke than a serious film.

But this film had very good actors: Samel L. Jackson, Andy Garcia get above the title billing with Ashley, and all of them had to have read the script beforehand and known that the screenplay was a dog. It was also directed by Philip Kaufman who's done such great films as THE RIGHT STUFF and THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING.

Was this just a rich payday for all of them? After watching it, that's the only conclusion I could draw.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 07:48:46 AM by Matt H. »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2006, 07:49:39 AM »

It WAS called Independence Day aka Follow Your Dreams.  Kathleen Quinlan and David Keith were the headlined actors - Wiest and Cliff DeYoung (as her husband) were the supporting players.

Good movie....  KABOOM!

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »

COLD CASE, CROSSING JORDAN, LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT, and GREY'S ANATOMY all have new episodes tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »

Off to work.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2006, 07:53:13 AM »

Probably the case, DRMATTH.  Sometimes you just have to pay the bills.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2006, 07:58:28 AM »

Charles Grodin recently stepped in for an actor in the play he wrote.  Gower Champion (director) stepped in for Barry Nelson in The Act - and, of course, Noel Coward starred in his own shows, which he also directed.  Same with Mr. Newley and, I'm sure, many others.

I was awakened by a call at seven from Harvey Schmidt's assistant, telling me Harvey will now be in rehab for two weeks.  Apparently, Harvey isn't happy about not coming home, but his triple bypass surgery one that needs to heal perfectly, and they're concerned that he'll over exert himself if he's home (even a simple thing like pushing yourself up to get off a chair is dangerous) - so, it's probably best.  I'll be calling him later today and will pass on all your excellent vibes and xylophones, for which I know he'll be grateful.

I'm going to try and get another hour or two of sleep now - IF the stupid whining cat that has suddenly appeared will just shut it's stupid whining mouth.  Someone, yes, someone let the cat out of the bag.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 08:05:21 AM »

BK, I'm glad you've finally decided to cast the actor in your play who should have been doing the role all along.  Yourself.  I told you that from the first reading of it.  Vibes for learning all them lines, boy-o!  You'll be brilliant!  The play will also be ten times funnier.  Breathe deep when you're in that tarp!

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2006, 08:39:15 AM »

Oh, wow, it would be fun to see you on stage BK!

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2006, 08:39:57 AM »

Happy Birthday Jay...stop in and say hello one of these days...and bring your brother also!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »

Huzzah! I will LOVE seeing you in your play!!! As I'm in Seattle to run the Radost show this next weekend, I'll attend the performance(s) of DECEIT the following week. With a posse. Oh, hoo-ray!!
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2006, 08:51:16 AM »

Off now to do some household odds and ends.

WBBL.

Danise

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2006, 08:59:43 AM »

Hi all!

Wonderful news, BK!  So if the play is filmed we will be able to buy a copy?

DR Ben, I’m sorry that you will be alone most of the summer, but please tell DP Ant how happy I am for him!

DR Cilliz, I’ve been meaning tell you how exciting it must be to have the new house.  We need pictures!

And about the job worries, DR Ginny, working for the government is like that.  They know darn well that who (in this case YOU) is going to get the job but they make a big show of advertising it.  It happens all the time where I work.

And I know I did wrong, DR Elmore but I was afraid that if the kid got hurt on my property…..

I have some DR Panni news that I hope she doesn’t mind I’m sharing.  Felicity got a special commendation from the Genesis Awards.  You might want to set your Tivo/DVD recorder/VHS recorder.  The Awards were held on March 18 in the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. The event was taped for a two-hour television special to air on Animal Planet at 5 and 8 p.m. (PST) and at 8 and 11 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, May 6; and at noon (PST) and 3 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, May 13.

And a very happy birthday to DR Jay.  No one is a former poster, they’re just busy for awhile.  I always hope that someday they will be back.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2006, 09:16:05 AM »

And a very happy birthday to DR Jay.  No one is a former poster, they’re just busy for awhile.  I always hope that someday they will be back.   :)

"Semper Fi", eh?  Once a Hainsie/Kimlet, always a Hainsie/Kimlet!

A very happy birthday to Jay from me, as well.

And a "Jay....COME BACK" a la  Brandon de Wilde in "Shane" is in order.

Ditto his DB Stuart, whom I very much miss.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 09:17:07 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2006, 09:17:33 AM »

Thanks, also, DR Danise, for the news on Panni!

:)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »

Re: Rodzinski's comment last night:

"To the theory of murder, the experts did say, "Tut tut."

I can only say:

G R O A N !

:D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2006, 09:29:50 AM »

Not a topic du jour, but more of a question for anyone who has seen the DVD:  Next up on my queue from Nexflix is one of my all-time favorite films, THE COURT JESTER.  I haven't seen the film in years.  The last two times I saw it, once on TV and once on video; the print was terrible.  In fact, the song Never Outfox the Fox was not even in the film.  Has anyone seen the DVD (BK, Matt, JRand) who can tell me if it is worth renting on DVD.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2006, 09:35:56 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well... After waking up on the couch around 11:30 last night, and realizing that I had probably been asleep for a couple of hours by that point... I just headed to bed... And now...

;)

Good Morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2006, 09:44:18 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well... After waking up on the couch around 11:30 last night, and realizing that I had probably been asleep for a couple of hours by that point... I just headed to bed... And now...

;)

Good Morning.

Mornin', Jose!

Bon appetit as you indulge in a petit dejeuner!

Or will you go out for a run first?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 10:05:49 AM »

The Court Jester DVD is fine - great color and the source material is in excellent shape.  However, it was a very early Paramount title, and it needs a new transfer with today's technology - it would be sharper and spectacular looking if they did so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2006, 10:06:59 AM »

Didn't really get any extra sleep today.  Trying to figure out who I can coerce into coming to help me run lines today.  Matt and I will work every day during the week - I suppose I could just sit and do them myself, but I don't think that's as good as having lines fed to me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2006, 10:26:39 AM »

Ashley Judd is okay in my book.  Can't think of the name of the film I saw her in that I really liked...set in the fifties, I think, she was a battered wife...

I liked her in SMOKE from the mid-1990s, which is the first time I saw herI believe.  After that, hmmm.

I came home from the office; my stomach's acting up.  Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up