Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CLUB SANDWICH  (Read 20746 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:THE CLUB SANDWICH
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2003, 10:19:04 PM »

The Lovely Wife, Julieanne, thanks one and all for all the well-wishes.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2003, 10:19:12 PM »

DR SwishySarah:  Reading your story reminds me of the Ferris Bueller movie!  You should talk your dad into visiting the school and taking the so-called security officer to task for his remark!

He should NOT be allowed to get away with it!  A person with that attitude does NOT belong in a public school environment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2003, 10:20:02 PM »

Well, I'm back... and no one else posted after my last post - ???

DR SWW - Try a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper in your spice cookie variation.  I have a wonderful gingerbread recipe that has black pepper in it - adds a nice heat and a gentle kick to the loaf.

I also add a sprinkle or two of cinnamon to my chocolate chippers - helps to mellow out the sweetness.

RE: American Idol and riffing - While I was in OZ in August, I was able to catch three episodes of Australian Idol.  I was very impressed.  Good talent and good song selection.  And some pretty decent  performances.  -Oh, and the country "bloke" from Brisbane...  I'd faint if he ever tipped his hat at me. ;)  AND, the judges there actually reprimanded the contestants for 1) sounding too much like the original recording, and 2) not singing the song the way it was written.  They actually discouraged riffing - at least on the episodes I saw.  And their Simon-equivalent was very honest with them too.  He told one contestant -who happened to be a white, tall and overweight young man - that he may even have the best voice of everyone, but that there's no way he could every market him and make money for him and off of him - which, as he also pointed out - was the main reason of the contest.  To find the next superstar.  The frankness was startling and refreshing.

Oh, and back to DR SWW - I guess I must have missed that you and der Brucer finally made to the East Coast.  -Probably happened during my "hiatus".  Welcome!  -And if you happen to be able to get away to Washington, DC before January 4, I'd be more than happy to walk you into Camelot!

Oh, and what kind of cookie sheets do you use?  I've grown really fond of the nice, heavy, "pebbled" aluminum ones from Doughmakers - along with parchment paper and or a silpat.  There's a big Christmas bazaar in Richmond this weekend, and I'm gonna try to make it back during the day - weather permitting - since they set up a booth, and they offer their products at a substantial discount.  I think you can also get them at various retailers now - like Sur La Table - and I believe The Pampered Chef "party circuit" carries them now too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2003, 10:22:25 PM »

DR MattH:  Yes, any candy bar that would seem sickly sweet after you've consumed a dozen or so must be strictly avoided.

And DR Laura:  I love those single-serving pound bags!

Just like those  convenient snack-sized 1-lb Hershey bars with almonds!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 10:22:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2003, 10:23:56 PM »

Oh - Someones did post since my last post...

And thanks DR Ron for the spelling lesson.  You would think that a Filipino-American would know how to spell "Philippines" - but maybe the confusion arise from "Filipino-American" - and "Filipinas" (on stamps).. Or is it Filippino-American...

8-)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2003, 10:23:57 PM »

I thought it was Camelot that was supposed to be "Bazarr".  Someone had to write it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2003, 10:26:15 PM »

And the candy fun reminds me:

I went into a local Chinese restaurant a week ago with some co-workers.  We all ordered single servings of items, or so we thought.

I wanted a bowl of soup, so I ordered the hot-sour soup for $5.95.  

I was taken quite aback when a rather large tureen of soup was placed at our table with four bowls.   I offered everyone some soup, but they had their own troubles....family-sized platters of food, also at $5.95 each, which none of us could possibly finish.

We all walked out with doggy bags (I had a huge styrofoam cup of soup that lasted me three more days).

Tomovoz

« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2003, 11:10:19 PM »

I thought I was alone there for a while so I departed to write my daily/nightly emails. I always feel better when the NW returns.
Eventually Oz caught up with the final episode of this seasons "Six Feet Under". Stunning televison and fortunately on free to air programming here. I truly believe I have never seen better televison. As far as I know Jose is the only other HHW fan of the show.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2003, 11:17:51 PM »

Back from movie and being forced to dine at the Cheesecake Factory.  I mean, I FOUGHT it, but I lost.  I'll be back in a few after I do some stuff that needs doing.  Until then, RALLY!

Tomovoz

« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2003, 11:18:07 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that it is nearly a month since Bill Orr posted anything?  I sometimes go back and look at the list. A study can reveal some interesting facts!
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2003, 11:25:27 PM »

Good evening all.
I had a busy day.  I went to classes, I went to choir, I went to work, I went to dinner and ate orange chicken at my favorite Chinese restaraunt, I went to my other job and worked, and now I am home.  
Funny...the closer I get to being done with school, the less I feel motivated to do any work whatsoever.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2003, 11:34:33 PM »

I'm hoping William F. will be back with us soon.  I'm sure he and his beloved are trying to put crap behind them.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2003, 11:37:50 PM »

DR TFO - "Bazarr" - I don't get it....

-Give me a break, it's late... and cold... and late..
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2003, 11:42:26 PM »

Yes, WFO is indeed missed around here.  It's also been awhile since we've heard from Laura II.  And longer still since we've heard from LC.  Where in tarnation???
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2003, 11:44:34 PM »

Yes, there have been errant and truant Hainsies/Kimlets lately and we do hope they'll be back soon - oh, an Oliver reference.

I've done some of the things I must do, now I must do some other things.  Fifteen more minutes to post this evening.  I wonder if we'll top yesterday's number by one count them one post?

Jed

« Reply #225 on: December 03, 2003, 11:47:21 PM »

Update on Jed's Fun with Tights.  It looks as though we've found ourselves a winner.  A pair of rather bright purple tights.  Same style as last night's electric blue ones, but large enough to accomodate my substantial thighs.  Only one small rip due to the 30-inch step I have for an entrance, but I don't think it's likely to get any worse, so all should be good.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2003, 11:47:32 PM »

"I know is sounds a bit Bizarre
But that's how conditions are"
Homonym. Bazarr
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #227 on: December 03, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

Oooh, George, are you a "Local"?  I have fond memories of "Locals" on tour.  Although ours were frequently much less....um...shall we say "professional" than you.  At times it was rahther frightening.  Once we played a venue at which the Locals -- stage, props, and costumes -- were all jailbirds doing community service or "easy time", kind of like the guys in Shawshank Redemption who got to tar the roof.  "Hey guys, I get to be on the coveted My Fair Lady K-City tour crew assignment!  I'll make sure and memorize all the songs so I can sing them for you when I get back!"

Let the pummelling begin.

Yes, I'm a "local" grunt worker.  I helped Fred/Petrucio with most of his act one changes and just a few other changes in act two.  The wardrobe person, Theresa (sp?) was very nice (actually, they ALL were) and she really had her notes very well organized.  I love it when that happens!  She said that after she's done with this tour, which ends in June (I think), she's going into The Full Monty.  Pretty cool.

I got to leave early tonight (right after the regular wardrobe stuff was finished) instead of loading up the rest of the trucks because 1) my feet hurt (wrong shoes--dopey me) and 2) they didn't need me anyway.  So it all worked out and I'm home now (at quite a reasonable hour, too).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2003, 11:51:17 PM »

LC was last heard of in France!
JED: We will still glady accept a photo of the Ghost Of Christmas Present in purple tights!
A 30" step. One "small" step for mankind but surely not for a ghost.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 11:55:37 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2003, 11:54:11 PM »

Is LC being naughty with Francois?  That would be a fine kettle of what is it fish.

Tomovoz

« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2003, 11:56:45 PM »

One man's poisson!
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2003, 12:05:22 AM »

Two people perusing the board?  My goodness, it must be dinnertime or something.  For those who care and who might have missed my late-night post last night, I managed to snag a copy of the Patty Duke sings Valley of the Dolls album by checking the amazon.com zShops.  I got it for sixteen bucks - we'll see what the condition is, although they graded it eight out of ten, I think.

Pretty cool, BK.  I LOVE eBay.  Speaking of...on Donald's radio show last week, he played songs (a song?) from Teddy and Alice that were recorded only on the CD "Sousa For Orchestra."  Well, I really liked what I heard from that CD (and the rest of his radio show, too) so I searched eBay and there was a copy available and I got it!  I was the only bidder and with shipping only paid $8!  So, thanks Donald for playing it.  I never would have even known about it, otherwise.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up