Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GRAND POOBAH  (Read 65015 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE GRAND POOBAH
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2006, 08:35:46 PM »

Next I watched THE DYING GAUL. This was a blind purchase knowing and liking the other work by Craig Lucas and the actors in the film including Peter Sarsgaard, Patricia Clarkson, and CAmpbell Scott. It's a thought-provoking piece and one I'll have to see another few times before I'm really sure of my feelings about it.

I watched the deleted scenes, both of which had intimacy between the two men shown rather than merely spoken about as the final film now stands. I think one or both of the scenes involving the two men should have been in the film. There was also an alternate ending which I also preferred to the briefer one actually used.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2006, 08:36:51 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Six Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2006, 08:41:50 PM »

AMERICAN IDOL was as I suspected, an evening with rather unmemorable music. However, I was very pleased with three of the men: Elliott who once again gave the best rendition of his song of any contestant, Taylor who for the first time really sang and left the "act" on hold, and Ace who I felt had his best-ever vocal. Even Bucky really delivered tonight.

Mandisa was the worst she's been (while still OK), but she showed a real problem in her lower register, Lisa had another off night with shaky high notes, Chris did his same old rock thing which he finally got called on by the judges, and Katharine had a shaky start but an OK windup.

In the calling, the following people had busy signals 50 minutes into voting: Taylor, Bucky (!), and Paris.

If I had to guess, I'd say Lisa would go home, but Ace might be leaving, too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 08:44:59 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »

THE CLOSER had its first season finale tonight (I'm going to miss it until it begins again in June), and while the case wasn't as perplexing as some she's tackled, the emotional highs of the episode more than made up for it. What a great way to end the season!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2006, 08:44:47 PM »

Is there a website for this American Idol show?? I have never seen it and I am very puzzled by it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2006, 08:45:49 PM »

Is there a website for this American Idol show?? I have never seen it and I am very puzzled by it.

idolonfox.com

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2006, 08:48:56 PM »

Sorry to read of your mishap, bk. Hope there's no intense pain, swelling, or bruising.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2006, 08:50:13 PM »

Guess it's time for me to head for the bedroom.

Enjoy the rest of the evening!

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2006, 08:55:28 PM »

Recovery vibes to Bk
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2006, 08:57:20 PM »

Looks like Skip and I are actually going to get to see LESTAT tomorrow (Wed.) night!

Jose - We seem to be about twelve rows back on the aisle that goes down the center, giving us a direct short walk toward the pit.   Does it look like you might be in the pit where you can greet your fans during any part of intermission?  

FJL

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »

Pain-go-away vibes to BK.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2006, 09:38:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about your fall. I'm sure you were quite graceful.

DR Sandra had an orchestra concert tonight, so that's where I've been.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2006, 09:47:58 PM »

Tonight has not been a good night at work... What could go wrong has gone wrong....

Tomorrow is another day...

FJL

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »

Anti-Murphy's-Law vibes to DakotaCelt!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2006, 10:12:36 PM »

Drive safely, DakotaCelt!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2006, 10:13:52 PM »

~~~Vibes All Around!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »

I picked up my mom from the airport after she went to Mexico for dental work.  I thought that she only needed one crown, but she told me on the way home that her dentist here said that she needed two crowns and the estimate was approximately $2,000! :o But when she got down there, the dentist said that she needed eight crowns and, since she had had a tooth pulled several years ago, a bridge!  HOWEVER, all of this (eight crowns and a bridge) came to only $2,200!!  It would have been over $9,000!  What a deal!  She is very happy with the work. ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 10:15:59 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2006, 10:30:57 PM »

I have a question for the rest of the country -- when do you change your clocks? We don't do that here, so I never have to worry about it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2006, 10:33:39 PM »

Drive safely, DakotaCelt!

Thanks Laura, sitting here de-stressing.... contemplating a bath!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2006, 10:34:21 PM »

I think we change ours this Saturday night / Sunday morning...

Oh dear, we will be short an hour of posting fun...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »

I picked up my mom from the airport after she went to Mexico for dental work.  I thought that she only needed one crown, but she told me on the way home that her dentist here said that she needed two crowns and the estimate was approximately $2,000! :o But when she got down there, the dentist said that she needed eight crowns and, since she had had a tooth pulled several years ago, a bridge!  HOWEVER, all of this (eight crowns and a bridge) came to only $2,200!!  It would have been over $9,000!  What a deal!  She is very happy with the work. ;D

That is a good deal!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2006, 10:48:29 PM »

Man, is this a slow night or what?  Are we consciously trying not to break a record or what?  

Tammy and I had a lovely evening - ate some chow then watched No Way To Treat A Lady.

My arm was quite sore earlier, but seems better now, ditto my right leg.  However, in the last two hours, my left foot has been shooting with pain and it's been really difficult to walk on.  I do hope that problem goes away really fast - like tomorrow, or well before show time on Friday.  Now, we've got us an hour for a frenzy.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2006, 10:59:55 PM »

I hope the pain goes away before Friday...

I did order a cd today from BN but it will take two weeks before it gets to Fargo of Liz Callaway. She really does have a lovely voice.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2006, 11:01:45 PM »

Odd, WE have flood warnings and there is not rain in sight.... I think the National Weather Service has lost it!

George

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2006, 11:03:04 PM »

We had very niece weather today and for the last few days, here in the PNW.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2006, 11:03:49 PM »

A little friend wanted to come and play....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2006, 11:04:40 PM »

btw, that is Shamrock the dragon....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2006, 11:04:43 PM »

Where are the WUSSBURGERS???  We need some ACTION around these here parts.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2006, 11:05:46 PM »

We had very niece weather today and for the last few days, here in the PNW.

We are finally starting to get soem decent weather temperature wise.... However, we desperately need sunshine....

We have had clouds for over a week.

George

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2006, 11:05:54 PM »

I have a question for the rest of the country -- when do you change your clocks? We don't do that here, so I never have to worry about it.

Click HERE[/url] for information on Daylight Saving (not Savings) Time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up