Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PITH HELMET  (Read 19677 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE PITH HELMET
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2006, 09:40:48 AM »

Vibes to DR Elmore's father.... I hope all is well
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2006, 09:41:13 AM »

Page 5 Dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2006, 09:46:01 AM »

I have a student work who is part Japanese and Irish and grew up for a while in Japan. He has been trying to teach me Japanese and laughs everytime I try to say hello. Nice kid!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »

I have mastered the word: Konichiwa!

(ETA: not sure of the spelling)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:49:32 AM by DakotaCelt »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  HEALTHY VIBES OF HEALTH FOR DR ELMOORE'S DAD  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2006, 10:08:29 AM »

As for last night's TAR.

I didn't really enjoy the show as much as i have. And it wasn't just because a nice team went home.  I don't like it when they have eliminations on non-travelling episodes.  There was so little for them to do last night (drive, count fence posts, carry a fish, and score a goal). I just didn't find there was enough for them to have an elimination.

Basically everyone stayed in the same places (except the frat boys/hippies who arrived at the first place together, and the last 2 who were 5 minutes apart to start).

And while i liked the team who lost, i have been disappointed in their abilities. They showed promise in the beginning. But really have not done well or shown much lately.

Right now the top 2 teams are very deserving. But the rest fall way behind.

Best line of the show. With fran watching barry trying to score the goal in the boat, "he is so pathetic!". Too funny.

I found last night's episode a bit--I donno--uninvolving.  It was clear from the start that the hippies or the frat boys were going to win.  The other teams got off to such late starts and were so far behind that there wasn't even a bottleneck at the park that didn't open until 8:30 in the morning.  It's become a contest of who comes in third, now.

I was sorry to see the nerds go, also.  But they've been showing signs of fatigue for a couple of episodes so it's not a surprise.

And it was funny to hear Fran say that about Barry.  Isn't she Mrs. "I can't do it"?

And their animosity against the yelling dentist was even more apparent last night.  I'm going to search through the website to see if there was something that happened between them that hasn't been shown.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2006, 10:09:07 AM »

I liked Shogun and the Japanese actors in that.....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2006, 10:11:25 AM »

QUEEN!

(Sorry, anyone, who got nervous when they read that!   ;D)

The music of Queen is the theme for next week's "American Idol" competition.

Oh...joy.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2006, 10:27:43 AM »

Bruce, the ballet of which you speak is still (I think you're referring to Toledo Surprise) in the show although it's shorter now. It still goes on a little too long but there are some funny bits. They need to cut away the chaff and they will have a very funny moment.

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2006, 10:30:06 AM »

QUEEN!

(Sorry, anyone, who got nervous when they read that!   ;D)

The music of Queen is the theme for next week's "American Idol" competition.

Oh...joy.

I just may have to watch that there Idol next week!!  This morning the  'album rock" station I was listening to played  "We are the Champions" followed by "Bohemian Rhapsody" I was a rocking and a singing down the highway... oh how the miles flew by!!

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2006, 10:40:21 AM »

Ron thanks for the  "milestone congratulations... I didn't realize what you meant at first.  Gosh I went over 6000!!   Now if I had realized I could have followed FJL's example and planned it to happen on the 6th!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

On a sadder note, my 85 year-old father could use some vibes:  on Monday he undergoes surgery for cancer in his colon and possibly liver.  Thanks!

~~~Health Vibes for Larry's Father!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »

DR George, I will be able to record the Rosie cruise special on HBO for you, so count on that.

:-* Thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2006, 10:50:51 AM »

Re: last night's LOST.

The episode was definitely odd, with us not understanding if Hurley's friend was real.  It was interesting when the shrink showed the pic of hurley and friend (with no friend there).

I agree with DR RonP. I don't know what to think about that last shot.  I love the people are connected. But I think it would have made more sense to have her there as a shrink, as opposed to a patient. She looked like a wreck then. But now has been giving doctor's advise. Very weird!

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2006, 10:52:27 AM »

RE: TAR.

And it was funny to hear Fran say that about Barry.  Isn't she Mrs. "I can't do it"?

And their animosity against the yelling dentist was even more apparent last night.  I'm going to search through the website to see if there was something that happened between them that hasn't been shown.

I have been thinking about this also, and I came up with something. But now I forget what it is! :(

It is clear they hate that team.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »

Re: last night's LOST.

SPOILER

The episode was definitely odd, with us not understanding if Hurley's friend was real.  It was interesting when the shrink showed the pic of hurley and friend (with no friend there).

I agree with DR RonP. I don't know what to think about that last shot.  I love the people are connected. But I think it would have made more sense to have her there as a shrink, as opposed to a patient. She looked like a wreck then. But now has been giving doctor's advise. Very weird!

Plus...there was that scene earlier on the cliff when Hurley reminded Libby of his comment to her about having known her somewhere before...but at that time, he wasn't connecting her with the mental institution...he was assuming he felt familiar with her because he made her up, too.

It's very unsettling...and, for me, casts a pall on how I feel about the show now.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »

Elmore, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard, being far away and feeling helpless. I hope he doesn't suffer much, recovering from what is probably a pretty major surgery. Just thinking - 85 used to be VERY OLD! Vibes to you, sweet boy. I'm wit' you.

TOD - Love that Japanese food! A swell night out for me is camping out at Todai Japanese buffet!!! Ooooohhhh! Gimme three hours or so of that! I can eat a LOT of really fresh sashimi! Especially the tuna, yellowtail, salmon! Love the spicy tuna rolls in the sushi section! Mmmmm, crispy zucchini tempura!!!

I loved Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita) and want to be either Miyagi or Yoda when I grow up.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2006, 11:06:18 AM »

Leading the list of leading ladies will always be Puccini's Cio-cio San: well, she has the best music in the show... and a wow of a death scene...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2006, 11:06:47 AM »

Even if she IS Italian...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2006, 11:08:12 AM »

(Gosh, I'm really loving seeing my actual face and actual hair and actual ME on the left... thanks again to all the most-excellent patience of so many DR's...)
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2006, 11:09:17 AM »

Jose - I'm counting down the days to your big day-byoo! So happy for you. You'll remember this time the rest of your life. What a highlight, no matter what follows!
PennyO

Ben

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2006, 11:09:57 AM »

Penny, I'm so glad my instructions were able to help you change the picture. That's all we need in life, good instructions and then we can do most anything!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2006, 11:10:24 AM »

Yipes! I always looked forward to Cute-Little-Old-Lady-Hood - and I'm HERE AT LAST!!! Hahahahahahaaaaa!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2006, 11:11:13 AM »

Ben!!! Yes!!! Thanks for the simple instructions for the tech-challenged elderly!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2006, 11:14:03 AM »

Yesterday's drive to Riverside was lovely - I missed the traffic, going and coming back! And Riverside is such a swell town! My parents met there, during WWII in a store run by mom's uncle, who was a friend of my dad. Anyway, I strolled around the gawjus Mission Inn Hotel - wow! And up and down Market and Main streets. What a nice city!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2006, 11:20:02 AM »

Great tech work, DR PennyO!  It's nice to see your stunning photo.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2006, 11:26:06 AM »

Larry, that's great news about the songs!  I'm going to check them out tonight (because we can't listen to stuff like that here at work) after I get home from ushering for a local university production of A Little Night Music.  I've only seen ALNM live once before (in a pretty good production), and the choreographer of tonight's show is a friend that I haven't seen in quite a while.  

George

« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2006, 11:34:13 AM »

And I had forgotten that you (Larry) had been involved with A Tale of Cinderella.  I've had this CD for years and just ordered the DVD.  I'll finally get to see the show. :D

George

« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2006, 11:39:37 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day, I'm not a fan of Japanese foods, so I'll pass on that.

George

« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »

And I'm not aware of any specific Japanese actors that I've specifically followed, so it's a bust on that, also....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up